Start by marking “Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything” as Want to Read:
Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything

Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything

It seems we're all growing more negative. Bad news on the TV and in the papers makes us all feel fed up and we find it easier to talk about what's wrong instead of looking for what's good. But imagine knowing a simple trick that you could use to help you feel better about everything. No matter how bad, how upsetting, how annoying or how frustrating the situation, wouldn't ...more
Published September 22nd 2009 by Pearson Longman

To ask other readers questions about Flip It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flip It

Start your review of Flip It: How To Get The Best Out Of Everything
Aj
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reading the back page you will think the book is just another one of those self-help "you can do anything" books, but luckily I ignored my knee-jerk reaction to drop the book.

The whole book is about one technique and that is "re-framing". The book could probably have been less pages, but knowing what the technique is, doesn't automatically leads to a successful application of it. Each chapter goes through examples of how to use it across various challenges in your life: work, friends, family,
Tim Corke
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How to get the best out of everything is life changing. If you're stuck in a rut or just want to kickstart and propel yourself forward read this book.

I've benefitted from reading this book by making key notes to refer back to but would definitely consider getting myself a copy given the range of helpful, supportive and inspirational tips and phrases it contains.

It's written very well; lists of key points and a friendly personal approach that reads like you're on the phone to a good friend giving
Tom Walters
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Whilst I found nothing particularly groundbreaking within the book, it did contain some interesting and thought provoking ideas. There are also some useful exercises again to get you thinking a little more outside the box.

It's a quick read and a very positive message throughout, just don't expect it to change your life.
Bjorn Hardarson
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
I believe it is actually great to read books that tells you some good suggestion on your way of thinking your life, work, goals and etc. If you have read a lot it does maybe not actually gets you a new kind of knowledge. But I believe reminders are often better to "first learning" The good thing about Flip it is that it tells the truths focus on goals, task list and working with thoughts. At last it is short and does not take you long to read/remind you. just tell it as it is and Remind you as ...more
Stuart Brunger
Apr 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
I get it, I should not be asking 'why on earth did I buy this, but How on earth did I buy it. Well I wanted to try out Itunes audiobooks compared to audible. So now instead of thinking why is it so condescending, I'm thinking How come it sounds so condescending.....
Vicii
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
loved this
Malcolm Campbell
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like Michael Heppell's works, they're consistently positive and constructive and, if you give them a chance, a great way of growing. It's not magical thinking, or particularly difficult thinking, but truthfully even though we are all capable of doing this stuff, we don't. Sometimes you need that buddy to push you on, lift you up and call you on your bad habits. If you've got that buddy around then good for you. If not, Heppell's books do the job.

Flip It is the art of turning stuff on its head.
The Idle Woman
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Flip it is one of the more appealing productivity / personal outlook books I've read. Encouraging his readers to challenge their way of thinking, Heppell tackles a range of areas in which we can improve our experience of life through slight shifts in our attitude. Essentially it's a guide to positive thinking. There are summaries, tips and exercises - personally I would have liked more of the tips and less of the 'fill out this worksheet', but that's just my own style of learning and
Robert Day
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knowledge
This is such a wonderful little book. If this book was a bag of crisps, they would be chocolate coated, in a bed of liquorice ice cream with sprinkles.

Every single page is filled with lovely things you can do in order to make your life and that of those around you into a multiverse of goodness and success and stuff like that.

The language used is simple and easy to interact with - rather like it is programmed to behave like your favourite film star (or starlet), you know, the one you would stalk
Maya Panika
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly inspirational - it certainly got ideas flowing for me (17 notebook pages so far on a business idea I'm working on). The 'flip it' concept isn't especially new and it builds on many well-worn positive thinking models, but it's nicely done here and it certainly got me thinking. The core idea gets a bit lost sometimes too, becoming a more generalised positive thinking tome. I found the chapter on relationships a little patronising - that's probably just me. For the most part, though ...more
Richard
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
this book tells you how to change your out look in life (quality). it begins with attitude, instead of asking why, the book suggests to ask how? the book also says that quality of life comes from what you eat and activity levels, it claims this is done on an 80:20 rotio. 80 percent of what you eat is down to your weight and the remainder is down to exercise (20 percent). tells you how to be a better lover/ friend.
gramakri
In this book the author offers his approach for thinking and taking actions that lead to higher levels of happiness, confidence, creativity and success. He calls this approach "Flip It".
A good light reading material. But it does not have an USP which can clearly differentiate it from other self-help books in the market.
More details about this book at
Andrea Lewis
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Flip It is simplistic yet powerful. It's basically being positive as opposed to negative. Instead of focusing on the problem. Flip It! I love the term.

Michael encourages to look at alternative and creative ways to live a happy life. This book was concise and to the point.
Dave
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Flip It; or, in other words, every cloud has a silver lining.
That's the overriding message of this book, with short chapters covering most aspects of life.
A good book to dip into, nothing too deep.
Martin
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Some quite interesting ideas. I'd like to think I'd be able to put some into practice. We'll see.

Lindsay
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Excellent - some very interesting ideas.
Susan
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
It is good food for thought. Turing your attitude around and/or your habit around. I have found it useful to go back and re-read chapters. This I rarely do with any book.
j thompson
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring read

Couldn't think of a way to improve it. Does what it says and challenges you to shift perspectives.
Practical tips rather than just the philosophical.
المبتعثة إلى الأرض
فكرة الكتاب رائعة
أسلوب الترجمة ممتاز
أحسست بأني بدأت أفكر بشكل إيجابي أكثر :)
ألهمني كثيرا...♥
Terry Marsdens
Feb 01, 2010 is currently reading it
Instead of your glass being half empty, try and see it as half full. Learn to make the most of things.
Nora
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A great book full of ideas. Some of them you will know already. The one that made me laugh the most: "Do you eat everything you see? No? Then don't believe everything you hear."
Rosie Amber
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read for January when we all need a motivational boost. Lots of ideas and ways to see things differently. Easy to read and well set out.
JP
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it
The author advices about flip thinking. A new way of looking into your problem. neatly written.
Pixie
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Listened to the audio book, but found it so useful that I will be getting a hard copy to refer to.
Geraldine
rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Managing Depression with CBT for Dummies
  • The Chinaman (Mike Cramer #1)
  • The Stretch
  • Co-parenting with a Toxic Ex: What to Do When Your Ex-Spouse Tries to Turn the Kids Against You
  • Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
  • The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Beyond Imagination: A New Reality Awaits
  • The Work of Byron Katie: An Introduction
  • Psycho-logical
  • Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me & Cheryl to the Mall?
  • Feasts
  • Rachel's Food for Living
  • Rachel's Favourite Food at Home
  • Raising Boys: Why Boys Are Different and How to Help Them Become Happy and Well-Balanced Men
  • Man and Boy (Harry Silver, #1)
  • Salmon Fishing in the Yemen