Start by marking “No Nice Girl” as Want to Read:
No Nice Girl

No Nice Girl

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When a thoroughly "nice" girl is clever as well, let her less strongly armed sisters beware.Phyllis Gordon was completely honest and very intelligent. Terry McLean was her first and only lover, and he really loved her. But Phyllis cared too much for him to marry him until she had rid herself of her unrequited passion for her millionaire employer, Kenyon Rutledge. Kenyon's ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Romance #16, 185 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 1949)

To ask other readers questions about No Nice Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Nice Girl

Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic read. Yes. A feeling of dissatisfaction about the ending. It didn't make me love the book any less. Loved Phyllis and Terry. When I can remember the names of the Hero and heroine, you can be sure they made an impression on me. Highly recommend to anyone who is sick of these inane heroines I've been getting lately and want to read about some characters with meat on them.
Nov 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
Anice Mayhew is a manipulative little rat and a great villain. She moves to New York and conquers Manhattan with her devious machinations. She gets everything she wants, but we all know that she'll never be happy. Great fun!

Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was such a brilliant period piece, showing the bitchiness of a woman out to get everything she can out of life, if only to spite her cousin. I wish there had been even more to this story!
Oct 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Although technically a romance between Phyllis and Terry, this is mostly 185 pages of pure, unadulterated cattiness and devious bitchiness from her cousin Anice. The romance, such as it is, plays very much a second fiddle to the machinations of the lovely viper as she sinks her poisonous fangs into everyone around her in her amoral quest for wealth and power, leaving me cursing and flipping pages impatiently until I reached the unsatisfactory end.

While realistic I guess, this wasn't what I was h
Dec 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Mallory Hall
Nov 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-chic-lit
I read this in lieu of a chick lit novel. Served the same purpose - love interest, strong female lead character(s), and a good ending! It is definitely more a romance novel then a mystery or crime novel.

This was a very quick read. Nothing amazing, but good little story.
Feb 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is incredible. It's utterly unbelievable, and manages to be entertaining despite there only being one sympathetic character in the entire book and the plot just going from bad to worse. Thoroughly recommended.
Jan 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: noirboiled
This is not a faithful reprint of the original novel but a bowdlerization. You should boycott this book.
Apr 22, 2011
Lindsay Lester
Nov 22, 2013
Oct 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
This is a pretty weak offering in the series of harlequin reprints.
Oct 13, 2010