Start by marking “Silverhand” as Want to Read:
Silverhand

Silverhand (The Arcana #1)

They are "The Arcana." Collectively, they are the ultimate symbols of cosmic power. Millennia ago they were the treasures of the gods of creation, honored and cherished in four great cities since swept away by the rivers of time. The Spear of Light came from Gorias. The city of Falias contained The Stone of Destiny. From Murias came The Cup of Blood. The Sword of Flame was ...more
Published March 1st 1996 by Baen Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Silverhand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silverhand

Becca Secor
Jan 01, 2010 Becca Secor rated it did not like it
These stories were sickeningly intriguing and compelling to read. I wished that I would put them down and out of my mind because much of the content was intensely disturbing. Yet, I continued to read them with a fever. The evilness of the minds of men and the struggle of good over evil is the continuing theme in these sci-fi fantasy crazinesses. Can't really call them "GOOD" but I did read them all.
Mac
Nov 11, 2011 Mac rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed Morgan Llywelyn's journey into full-fledged fantasy. Both Silverhand and Silverlight were exceptional. Imagine my dismay when I learned that the author changed publishers and since the new publisher didn't own the rights to these two books of a trilogy they saw NO BENEFIT to publish the third book of this amazing trilogy. Bloody Bean Counters! So much for reader appreciation!
Ronna-laine Flowers
May 03, 2013 Ronna-laine Flowers rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It was an introduction to the writings of Michael Scott but I am very familiar with Morgan Llyewelyn. The big disappointment with this novel is the fact that it is part of a series that unfortunately doesn't continue. For some reason, the authors have not continue with the story, so the books ends but is unfinished!!!!
Pioden
May 10, 2007 Pioden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Arcana Book 1 (goes with Silverlight) I really enjoyed these books, but they seemed to get swallowed up, there's another series out there very similar by a prominent author I'm forgetting at the time, sorry. Any way, I did like these, good quest books. I need to find the rest, sometime.
Brent Mcdougal
May 10, 2012 Brent Mcdougal rated it really liked it
I liked the premise of the book, but the second one took a nosedive and there are no plans for a third one so I would recommend a different book. I quite enjoyed The Last Prince of Ireland by the same author
Samantha
Oct 04, 2009 Samantha rated it it was amazing
This book is a great sci-fi novel, but when you get to the end and go to pick up the sequel it's a massive disappointment. For some reason, the sequel was never published. So, if you can't stand a cliffhanger that lasts for-ever, maybe don't read this book.
Nancy
Feb 11, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, just a bit different, a post apocalyptic apocalyptic novel, if this makes any sense! Not great literature, but certainly held my interest.
Claire
Sep 28, 2016 Claire rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I was pleasantly surprised at the raw potential shown in these books. This was a very strong start to what could have been a true classic in the medieval fantasy genre... although it wasn't exactly medieval. Caeled comes from a post-apocalyptic world plagued by monsters and voids that consume and destroy anything they come into contact with.

The world was once inhabited by a "superior race" referred to as the Elders, a people with technology so advanced that any remnants of it are regarded as mag
Nime Clem
May 21, 2012 Nime Clem rated it really liked it
it's smashingly absorbing!
Kate Burgan
Dec 04, 2012 Kate Burgan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Joint authors -- Michael Scott's contribution makes this a must read.
Travis Roberson
Feb 05, 2010 Travis Roberson rated it liked it
I read this a long, long time ago when I was more into fantasy literature. I still remember liking it, however.
Alek
Jun 24, 2013 Alek rated it it was amazing
quite capturing
Beth Revers
Apr 13, 2015 Beth Revers rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi-fant-read
Compelling read with interesting plot twists. Adult in themes.
Gallows
Gallows rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2008
Jerry Wade
Jerry Wade rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Johnathan Smith
Johnathan Smith rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2012
Francine
Francine rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2007
Lacey
Lacey rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2009
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Brockton Shipley
Brockton Shipley rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2012
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
May 20, 2011
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Melanie Graham
Melanie Graham rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Jolene Nolen
Jolene Nolen rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Smoran8m
Smoran8m rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
Dan Chisholm
Dan Chisholm rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Jason ON
Jason ON rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2014
Brent
Brent rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Riverwindsong
Riverwindsong rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • The First Betrayal (The Chronicles of Josan, #1)
  • Queen of the Summer Stars (Guinevere, #2)
  • Emerald Magic: Great Tales of Irish Fantasy
  • Eye of the Law (Burren Mysteries, #5)
  • Drinker of Souls (Drinker of Souls, #1)
  • Brave Margaret: An Irish Adventure
  • The Mammoth Book of King Arthur
  • Mordred's Curse
  • Mists of Everness (The War of the Dreaming, #2)
  • Revelations (The Merlin Chronicles  #1)
  • The Saints of the Sword (Tyrants and Kings, #3)
  • The Eagle's Daughter
  • Knights of the Blood (Knights of the Blood, #1)
  • The Book of Kells
  • The King of Ys: Book 2 - Gallicenae
Morgan Llywelyn (born 1937) is an American-born Irish author best known for her historical fantasy, historical fiction, and historical non-fiction. Her fiction has received several awards and has sold more than 40 million copies, and she herself is recipient of the 1999 Exceptional Celtic Woman of the Year Award from Celtic Women International.
More about Morgan Llywelyn...

The Arcana (2 books)