Start by marking “Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi: Ajaran-Ajaran Spiritual Jalaluddin Rumi” as Want to Read:
Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi: Ajaran-Ajaran Spiritual Jalaluddin Rumi

Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi: Ajaran-Ajaran Spiritual Jalaluddin Rumi

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  306 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
This is the most accessible work in English on the greatest mystical poet of Islam.
Published February 2001 by Qalam (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jalan Cinta Sang Sufi

Tim
Past often appropriated quotes from Rumi, it was this book along with the Mathanawi that truly introduced me to Rumi a few years ago. A spiritual mentor had taken me through part of the Mathnawi, plus the writings of Chittick, which in turn opened me to the teachings of Ibn Al-Arabi, and the foundation of my view of Islam comes from that background.

I remember this mentor instructing me in the Islamic view of the transcendent God, which is always bigger than we can imagine but at the same time c
Ruhat alp
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
According to Rumi, in order for us to be saved, we should first turn inside ourselves
and see our mistakes. we should cleanse the house of the heart from dirty thoughts.
We should keep it as clean as a house of worship. we should endure the calamities
that strike us. We should believe that everything comes from God and nothing
happens without His will, and for this reason we should not complain of diseases,
poverty, and sorrows. we should see the trouble that comes from the Beloved as a
remedy.Life is
Farhad
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I had wanted to read a book on Rumi's poetry for quite some time, and our modern 'paradox of choice' did not help me choose one considering the abundance of Rumi books available out there. I finally chose this one and I couldn't be more satisfied. I recommend it to everyone who wants to read and understand Rumi's poetry, which can sometimes be misinterpreted. Here you will receive more than enough well-translated ghazals that are broken down thematically and accompanied by nicely-written comment ...more
Hala Abu ali
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!it holds answers to sooo many questions that always run through my mind. It was really a moving spiritual journey to read through Rumi's words .not to forget the way these words were presented by William C. Chittick.I would definitely recommend it .
Brittany
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
inspiring read. i will keep this book and these teachings with me.
Jillian
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This is the best book on Rumi's poetry that actually shows you the meaning and application of what the great Sufi poet. If anyone of you are serious about understanding God and/or Sufism, I highly recommend picking this up. It can seem a bit dense at first glance, but it has answered so many questions I have had about God and why life is the way it is.

I will probably always be 'reading' this book.
Miroku Nemeth
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book. Not enough people know of the tradition of loving devotion in Islam--we all need to spend some time with Rumi from time to time to remind us of what is important.
Uzma
Excellent, most beautiful. Not only does it give you a taste of Rumi's writings but also an understanding of his philosophy. Perfect book for a beginner in Sufism, Rumi & Islam
Sharon Rainey
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book for the beginning student. This was my first book about Rumi, his history, and his amazing wisdom and insights. Loved every page.
Lou
recommended by several people who study comparative religions.
Shahid
May 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An array of beautiful translations from the Divan-i Shams
Mansoor Ahmad
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is recommended for any body who wants to understand Rumi and his poetry.
Dennis
Oct 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Passages from the poetry and prose of Rumi on a variety of different topics.....inspired and inspiring
Corrina
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We took a reading from Rumi to use for my daughter's Ceremony of Blessing and Thanksgiving at ChristChurch Cathedral, Oxford. It was so lovely, and so fitting.
Dc
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly beautiful book, one of my favourites.

Far superior to the popular Coleman Barks versions, and I also preferred Chittick's translation to the recently published Masnavi by Jawid Mojaddedi.

The translation into rhyming verse just wasn’t doing it for me. I feel like much must have been lost in translation for the sake of a rhyme?
Nioclas Travelle
GW Paterson
Feb 01, 2018
  • The Triumphal Sun: A Study of the Works of Jalāloddin Rumi
  • The Sufi Path Of Knowledge: Ibn Al ʻarabi's Metaphysics Of Imagination
  • The Kashf Al-Mahjub (the Revelation of the Veiled): An Early Persian Treatise on Sufism
  • Al-Ghazali on the Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife (Book XL of The Revival of the Religious Sciences)
  • Sufism and Taoism: A Comparative Study of Key Philosophical Concepts
  • The Sufis
  • Tao of Islam: A Sourcebook on Gender Relationships in Islamic Thought
  • A Sufi Saint of the Twentieth Century: Shaikh Ahmad al-Alawi
  • Essential Sufism
  • The Lives of Man: A Guide to the Human States: Before Life, In the World, and After Death
  • Women of Sufism: A Hidden Treasure
  • Understanding Islam
  • Me and Rumi: The Autobiography of Shams-i Tabrizi
  • The Garden of Truth: The Vision and Promise of Sufism, Islam's Mystical Tradition
  • Journey to the Lord of Power: A Sufi Manual on Retreat
  • Alone with the Alone: Creative Imagination in the Sufism of Ibn 'Arabi
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī - also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, Mevlânâ/Mawlānā (مولانا, "our master"), Mevlevî/Mawlawī (مولوی, "my master") and more popularly simply as Rumi - was a 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian and Sufi mystic who lived in Konya, a city of Ottoman Empire (Today's Turkey). His poems have been widely translated into many of the world's lan ...more
More about Rumi

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99