Start by marking “Wish List” as Want to Read:
Wish List

Wish List

Dear St. Nicholas --

What we'd really like for Christmas this year is:

An Irish Estate
A Family
Mountains of Sugarplums
A Quiet Elopement
Someone to close down all the London clubs -- (like White's)

OR

Marriage to a Man who is Honest, Loving, Sexy, Handsome and Titled.

But we know there aren't enough of those to go around... are there?

Respectfully,
Four English Ladies

Includes:
"I wil
Published November 1st 2001 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Wish List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish List

Crista
This review is for I Will by Lisa Kleypas only.

Every Christmas, I begin the season with this Christmas novella. One might think that after numerous re-reads, this story has lost some its magic and appeal, but nothing could be farther from the truth!!! This book remains a favorite of mine, and I still find new things to appreciate about it after each re-read.

I think what makes this novella unique and special is the amount of depth and feeling that is conveyed in just a few chapters. Very few nove
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Oh my goodness. Words do not describe how much I loved I Will. I reread it around Christmas time practically every year. This is such a beautiful story about love being the force for a person to change their life. Andrew started out as a loser, if you'll excuse the phrase. His relationship with Caroline (which started out as a pretend engagement) truly motivated him to change his life for the better. This is such a beautiful story.
Vashti
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I only read "I Will" the Lisa Kleypas entry in this anthology. Loved this story and couple .
Anna D.
Dec 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hr
I only read Lisa Kleypas' story ”wish List.” - it's more 3.5 stars, really.

As always, I enjoy Kleypas' writing. I enjoyed this one, though it won't top as one of my favorites. I was glad to see that Andrew, Lord Drake/Rochester finally turned his life around and became a good hero in his own story. This story really showed that he just needed to get the love, encouragement, and faith (he never got from his father) to become the wonderful man that was inside him all along. He got that from Caroli
Gilgamesha
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Kleypas' I Will was the only story read....omg I loved... it was cute.....Lord Drake somehow seemed to only inspire pity in the first book....but he was potrayed very endearingly here. GR :)
N.
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Small disclaimer: I just want to say that it's a very mean thing to make Lisa Kleypas the first author you read when you open this book. It just puts a spotlight on all the flaws the other stories might have.

***

“I Will” by Lisa Kleypas

How can something so amazing be so short? Damn you, Lisa Kleypas for making me an addict to your writing. I don’t know how she does it but in 106 pages she made me fall in love head over heels with both the hero and the heroine. I thought at first I’d be subjected
Cindy
Seffra
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars!

I only read Lisa Kleypas' I Will.

I was quite looking forward to this story since I really felt for Andrew in the previous story with Logan and Madeline. They have such a cute story and I felt for them and rooted for them. However I felt like this story was WAYYY to short. It didn't allow for proper development between Andrew and Caroline. It jumped ahead way too often also we couldn't actually feel the characters and their problems. I wish it was a full length novel.
C Joy
I agree with the other reviews that Lisa Kleypas's "I Will" is the best story in this anthology, I enjoyed reading it and I loved the Christmas theme. It's a good book that you might snuggle up with hot cocoa in someplace warm. All four stories are about Christmas wishes coming true, thus, the title. As with other anthologies, I always review the individual stories, so here goes:

I Will - I loved the story, another unlikely pair comparable to her other books but way different characters. LK wrote
Jessi
Jun 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
"I Will" by Lisa Kleypas - I really liked this story. Andrew, Lord Drake, needs the help of his disapproving friend's sister, Caroline Hargreaves. She is a slight spinster, someone who he has never been attracted to in the past but his recent sobriety helps him to acknowledge her charms. He needs her to help him convince his father that he's changed his rakehell ways. Andrew is afraid that his father will leave all the unentailed fortune elsewhere and he is roping Caroline into his scheme. Of co ...more
✧✦♔ⱮČ♕✦✧
I Will
Lord Andrew Drake and Caroline Hargreaves
3/5 Stars
Earl and Countess of Rochester

I Will is a novella and the third book of Capital Theatre series by Lisa Kleypas. It is also part of the anthology, Wish List.

Favorite Quotes
"It was never a charade for me, Caroline. I fell in love with you from the moment we struck our infernal bargain. I loved your spirit, your strength, your beauty..." -Andrew

"Damned inconvenient thing, to develop a conscience. It was a hell of a lot easier before I
Daneesha
Feb 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lisa-kleypas
The thing about these anthologies is that they are short stories. So, the story reaches a climax and solution within 100 pages or fewer. Sometimes, this makes for a less than believable story. Often, there is an acceleration of time to make the story more realistic. Nevertheless, I enjoy anthologies as long as the stories are cute and steamy! I have to say that the first story by Lisa Kleypas (one of my fave authors) was the most exciting. The other ones kind of lost me. They weren't as interest ...more
Diane K. Peterson
This is another story of a fake engagement that results in an actual deep and abiding love. The book was well written as are all Kleypas books. The hero made great strides of self improvement over the course of the story, both in his behavior and his self esteem. I didn't find some of the heroine's actions quite so believable. When a heroine jumps too quickly into sexual situation it just feels a little uncomfortable to me. That being said, I truly enjoyed this long novella/short book. A RITA Aw ...more
Autumn
For the story "I will"

A satisfying story,dense enough plot and characters for its 100 pg length. I haven't read the Capital theater series,but now im very inclined to go in that direction. :) I want to know more about Andrew and his pre-reformed days.

ps: Did anyone find the characters a bit similar to Married By Morning??
Linds
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas
RATING FOR LISA KLEYPAS - I WISH ONLY (I didn't read the other ones)

I absolutely loved this story. The only bad thing about it is that it's only 100 pages, I would have loved a whole book dedicated to this couple. It's a sweet story.

Caro
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, own
This was a good book. More for passing the time and some lighter to read. Good characters, interesting and fun. I enjoyed reading this but it probably won't be on my re-read list. Have fun. :)
Keri
LK's was pretty good and LS's was hilarious...I laughed through the whole thing.
Suzanne
Lisa Kleypas novella (Capital Theater series 2.5) only.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
My rating is for Lisa Kleypas's "I Will", oh Andrew the sexy honey! :p Now I'll have to add a review soon. hahahaha
Chitra *CJ*
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first
While I picked it up to finish the Capitol theatre trilogy, was pleasantly surprised by additions of Claudia and Lisa's stories.
A good read overall.
Miriam Stern
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
4 out of 5 stars to " All I want". Funny and sweet and charming.

Averaging all 4 stories, the book gets a 3.5 by my standards.
Manuela
Jan 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: scambiato, storico
Letto solo il racconto I Will di Lisa Kleypas.

Carino, ma come sempre in questi racconti tutto avviene in maniera troppo frettolosa. Però la Kleypas si vede anche in poche pagine.
Riz
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: english-romance
3.5 Stars

Only read "I will" by Lisa Kleypas
Perdani Budiarti
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, historical, romance
Empat kisah dalam buku ini tidak berhubungan satu sama lain sehingga membuat pembaca bisa menikmati empat cerita cinta dalam waktu singkat.

Untuk kisah pertama, I Will karya Lisa Kleypas pernah kubaca jadi aku skip ke kisah kedua, Pudding, Pasties, and Thou dari Lisa Cach. Cukup unik juga karena interaksi kedua tokohnya sering terkait dengan makanan. Konfliknya cukup ringan dan selalu karena masalah kehormatan. Tokoh pria terkenal karena reputasi buruknya sementara tokoh wanitanya terlambat meni
Lin Stepp
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good anthology collection of holiday stories I enjoyed over the Christmas break. In the first novella, Lisa Kleypas had me smiling right away as Lord Drake was compelled through a mandate of his father to seek out 'a favor from a morally upright woman with Miss Caroline Hargreaves the only decent female he knew ... proper and straightlaced to a fault' ... and of course 'Caroline had never made a secret of her dislike for Lord Drake.' So begins this entertaining story of opposites. The second n ...more
Phylisha Stone
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four wonderful stories are included in this anthologie. Strong female characters are featured in each one and all have some type of limitations on their lives whether it be spendthrift fathers or brothers or deceitful conniving men. Each story has a happy ending although we know that in reality during the Victorian, Regency and Georgian time period, most women had no rights to much of anything.
Sofia Currin
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical-babey
The book is composed of four shorts. I skipped the Thor one though because it seemed boring. Everything else was really good and now I have two new authors to check out. Awesomesauce.
Darlene Foster
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved all the stories but I had a soft spot for Lord andrew. Because you're mine left him in limbo. Glad he turned out ok. You should add this to your Christmas book reading wish list.
The Bookshelf Wars
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
A moment's entertainment, nothing more.

• Christmas Love Stories
  • Three Weddings and a Kiss
  • A Christmas Present
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Mistletoe & Magic
  • Christmas Revels (The Circle of Friends)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • Christmas Getaway: An Anthology
  • Five Gold Rings
  • A Christmas Collection
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • A Christmas Ball (Includes: Nvengaria, #4)
  • Lords of Desire