Start by marking “Forever My Love (Berkley-Falkner, #2)” as Want to Read:
Forever My Love (Berkley-Falkner, #2)

Forever My Love

(Berkeley-Falkner #2)

HER LIPS SOFTENED AND CLUNG TO HIS, SEEKING THE WARMTH AND TASTE OF HIM. HIS TONGUE FEATHERED AGAINST HERS, AND SHE SHIVERED WITH A CRAVING MORE POWERFUL, MORE URGENT, THAN HUNGER OR THIRST ...

Exquisitely beautiful Mira Germain was only eighteen when she made her bargain with the wealthy, powerful, elderly Lord Sackville. He would keep and protect her, and she would let hi
Published December 6th 1988 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about Forever My Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever My Love

Jasbell76
March/25/2015
"Tonight is the night" I am going to finish this book. I can't believe I have spent too much time to finish it. I have just 38 pages left and all I want to do is this:
description

I hope to finish it as fast as I can ñ_ñ

March/26/2015

FINALLY I finished this book!!!! Oh Lord! I was tired of it. I think I am going to take a break for a while with Lisa's books and historical romances. This story left me overwhelmed :(

July/11/2015

I didn't write a review of this book when I finis
Tiko
i truly have NO idea why is this book not popular! i guess thats because the beginning is pretty confusing and not really likable... (view spoiler) it is a little bit hard to get through first 30-40 pages maybe a little less... BUT after that XD oh what comes after that :D

the hero of the book is Alexander (Alec) Faulkner hes a duke of something xD but who cares about his dukedom!!! the man is eve
Beth
Sep 24, 2008 rated it liked it
This one is easy to sum up: very sweet with a hint of mystery.

Kleypas’s first novel, Where Passion Leads, had a rape scene in the second chapter so I was teensy bit hesitant to read this one (her second novel), especially since several of the characters from WPL made a reappearance in this book. But fortunately, nobody got raped and there wasn’t even a hint of violent behavior directed at the heroine by the hero. There were misunderstandings galore (of course!) and several biting remarks made b
Gilgamesha
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are times I wanted to hate Alec....there are times I wanted to choke Mira for refusing to share things with Alec....but in all what is wonderful about characters that Kleypas writes is that you fall in love with them despite their flaws...I loved the book although it lacked the polish of her later books...it had the refreshing quality only a novice writer can pull off....Greatread....my only complain was that she didn't resolve Leila's disappearance....does anyone know if she did it in ano ...more
C Joy
Oct 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book from the Berkley-Faulkner series, one of Lisa Kleypas's early works and I liked this better than Where Passion Leads, the one about Rand and Rosalie.

Reading about this made me anxious and tense, but it also made me happy. I've mentioned time and again that all LK novels end with a happy ending. Some characters develop and some don't. Comparing this with the previous one, which was more character driven, this book focused more on the story, the mystery about Mireille, who'
Bekah
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-own, 2011-reads
3.50*

Mira Germain is posing as a rich, influential, and elderly lord's mistress when she literally bumps into Alec Faulker. Immediately a sizzling attraction begins, though Alec feels disdain for Mira’s ‘occupation’. Unable to resist this petite Frenchwoman, Alec and Mira begin sneaking away to spend time together. Secrets from Mira’s past eventually tie them together in such a way that might jeopardize their happily ever after.

Alec, our hero had quite a bit of magnetism. He was a bit more inte
*MariaA*
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5
BEAUTIFUL!! good old gems!
Nandar
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Berkley-Faulkner series by Lisa Kleypas one of the Queens of HR. I think its better to read in order, that way you can understand the relationships between people. I didn't read in order and I had no clue who Rosalie and Randall Berkley, and the connection they had with Mira, until later on. There were parts in this book that I went ohhh~ she should have put this in but its not my story to tell but it seriously would have been better if those parts were fixed. This ...more
[Aengell]
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
My second oldie by Lisa Kleypas, and I have to admit that this one was much more to my tastes than the other one I've read so far, Love, Come to Me.

It's clear that this is an early book by LK, seeing as there are some aspects that are underdeveloped and in need for a drastic new version. But still, I'm glad LK hasn't gotten to the task yet to rewrite these stories, as I find it particularly interesting to see for myself how the writing style of such an seasoned author can change over time.

This
Sammy
I have read more than 9 books of lisa Kleypas , & I had only good words for her ..... until I read this one ...
I get it ,its some of her earlier works , & she improved a lot since than , and I am very glad , she has turned out to be one of my favorite authors , and I had so much faith in her , that I decided to read some of her less reviewed work & I can see why its not in top list.

The story is about a dominating man, who always gets what he wants & a strong woman who tries to su
Chi
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
... And that solves the mystery of whatever happened to Mireille. I was kinda surprised that the previous book ended the way it did, but it was interesting following Mira/Mireille's life, five years after she had left Rand and Rosalie.

It was HOT, watching Mira and Alec fight and then spectacularly succumb to their scorching attraction to one another. I felt sooo much for Mira, reading how she had to fight off feelings of being an imposter, no matter the situation she was in, and then trying to s
Rose Red
Mar 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: out-of-print
Julie C-F
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ne'Hmat
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have ordered this novel so many times ,but unfortunately ,it wasn’t available ,so I had to read it online .
I’ve loved everything about it ,the characters ,the atmosphere and the events .of course ,I left with a big question : Is there love that can get over the traditions or the huge obstacles the one has? Alec accepted Mira’s past and he challenged himself to be true for her,but as it easy?
We met Mira before ,and she really developed and she became a woman who,in my opinion, is maturer than
Christina
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I definitely preferred this book to Where Passion Leads, probably because I was aware of Mira's past and admired the swift transition she underwent. I also enjoyed Alec far more than Rand - who was introduced as a rapist with no remorse. The story was a typical Kleypas romance, with most of the book devoted to the blossoming interest between Alec and Mira, enhanced with a little mystery that wrapped up nicely at the end. I loved it.
Mary Smith
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok but a bit annoying
H
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-2018, adult
Too long - otherwise, a 4 star.
abbra_kadabra
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
No subplots in this story felt closed
Nessa
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I DO NOT GET WHY SOME READERS DISLIKED THIS BOOK AND BRUSHED IT OFF AS UNWORTHY WHEN THIS IS CLEARLY WHAT KLEYPAS'S HR ARE ABOUT. IT WAS SENTIMENTAL AND EMOTIONAL, I LOVED IT!

OUR HERO is a Duke and prominent architect who basically has the ton at his feet and he can come off as arrogant, judgemental and very straightforward in his manners. He can be nice or he can be brutal towards the people he socialises with, especially women. He attends a friend's hunting event and meets Mira who is so unlik
Karla
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, 4-historical
Mira is a young girl, who has been through a lot. She currently is the mistress of a much older man, Lord Sackville. In her previous life she was Mireille Germain, the girl who helped Lord Berkeley with his now wife Rosalie and became her friend against all odds. But when her brother Guillaime betrayed them all, Mireille ran away yet again and struggled until Lord Sackville rescued her, and now out of gratitude she pretends to be his mistress so he can save face in society.
Lord Alec Faulkner is
Thenia
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Mira and Alec's story, and as usual, I liked the male more than the female lead.

Mira tends to run away from her problems, whatever they may be, and that's something I find annoying in general. Add to that her habit of making assumptions and she loses some cookie points. Alec, on the other hand, also makes assumptions from the moment they meet, but learns from his mistake as they go. I enjoyed their banter and chemistry, but their story, like most, had its ups and downs and the
LaFleurBleue
May 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-histo, e-book
The hero is not one of Lisa Kleypas's best, but is clearly built with the same mold. His rake reformation is rather entertaining to read and I liked him, even in his bad moments, or maybe also because those exist.

The heroine, Mira/Mireille, on the other hand is very difficult to apprehend and to like. I kept wondering what horrible secrets she kept hiding to realize later on that it had already been more than half uncovered without any repercussions; I really hate it when someone keeps making mo
Mysterious
There's a glimpse of the talent that Lisa Kleypas really comes into later in her career. But only half of the equation is here. I liked Mireille, found her sympathetic and coherent as a character; problem is, she's badly matched with a nobleman (and a duke, no less). I would have loved to see Mireille fall in love with an upstart from the merchant class, or someone like half-gypsy Cam Rohan (hero from Kleypas' "Mine Till Midnight"), or even a country squire with a spot of rebellion in his past. ...more
Marissa
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mira, through both of Kleypas's first novels, has become one of my favorite heroines. She is a spunky and loyal character who was more interesting in the first novel than the actual heroine. I was excited to read her story, where she was paired with a Duke. It was good, but the fact that there seemed to really be no social rejections of their marriage, except for one protest from the Duke was unrealistic. This is something she addresses much more clearly in her later novels. Overall, I really li ...more
Sadie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Oh man, this book started so good to me. I was intrigued by the story until about the middle of the book, it begun to slow down and I found myself really just trying to finish the book so that I can mark it read. It dragged on to me and by the ending I felt really unsatisfied with it. I found that I really liked Alec's personality but Mira, especially beginning in the middle of the book annoyed the heck out of me. To me she was a silly childish cry baby. Glad I am not reading this anymore.
Allison
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have loved everything by Lisa Kleypas that I've ever read and this one was no exception. She has a way of drawing me into a story and making me care for her characters that is rare for me in historical romances. I find historical romances pleasant and fun to read in general but rarely am I so moved by them as I am by Kleypas' work.
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Once again not a fan of the second book in this series. Maybe I just do not like the writing style people had in the '80s or what little meager feminist tendencies I have come out in full force when I read something like this. While this book is slightly better than the first in the series, it is hard to find redeeming qualities for the hero.

Definitely not keeping or reading again.
Tirza Horvath
This book was amazing!... At the end. In the first half of the book I really, really, really despised Alec, for what he did after separating from Mira... Well apart from that the book was great, it had everything you want from a romantic book! Love, romance, mystery, misunderstandings and so on and so on.
marieno
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
At first, I found the writting style a bit "gauche" but then I was captivated by the story and I forgot to look for odd things. Alec and Mira are two of Lisa Kleypas' best characters. She wrote them magnificient sex scenes. I liked Mira. Even when people hurt her, she didn't crumbled and she wasn't bitter. The characters relationship wasn't overshadowed by the intrigue.
Gaby
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Took me some time to finish it. I was devouring it but suddenly at 40%+, felt like stopping for a while. I think it was the hero that frustrated me... I don't know. But then re-took it again and finished it and was glad I did.

• Christmas Love Stories
  • Three Weddings and a Kiss
  • A Christmas Present
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Lightning Bay (Friday Harbor)
  • Never Call It Love
  • To Love a Thief
  • After the Abduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #3)
  • Every Night I'm Yours (The Spinster Club, #1)
  • Checkmate With Bishop (Hellion MC #5)
  • No Gentle Love
  • Love With a Scandalous Lord (Daughters of Fortune, #3)
  • Dream Fever
  • Prince Charming (Ascension Trilogy #3)
  • The Ground She Walks Upon
  • A Suitable Marriage (Regencies, #7-8; Lester Family, #3)
  • Glorious Angel (Southern, #1)
  • To Love a Dark Lord

Berkeley-Falkner (2 books)
  • Where Passion Leads (Berkley-Falkner, #1)
“Fate is the malevolent little jester sitting up in the heavens and pondering over how ridiculous we humans are and he does his best to make fools out of all of us. And sooner or later he succeeds.” 11 likes