Start by marking “Letters to a Love Rat” as Want to Read:
Letters to a Love Rat

Letters to a Love Rat

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  168 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
What do you do when the love of your life turns out to be a good-for-nothing love rat?

a)Pour your heart out to him in private letters that he'll never see. (Secretly you think it's a big fat waste of time but your therapist says it's the prefect way to express your inner rage and who are you to argue with science?)

b)Pretend it's not happening and carry on? (The pressure to
Published October 27th 2009 by Penguin Ireland (first published May 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Letters to a Love Rat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to a Love Rat

Leah
Dec 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-read-2010
Molly, Eve and Julie all have one thing in common: a man named Charlie. Molly has just married Charlie and is shocked and stunned when, after just coming back from their honeymoon, Charlie ups and leaves by leaving a note saying that she needs to put the recycling out, but also, that he’s leaving her. Eve has never gotten over Charlie and believed he was the love of her life until the day she caught him in bed with someone else. Her therapist now has her writing letters to Charlie. Letters she w ...more
Gina
Sep 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
I found this book to be so much of a struggle that I couldn't even finish it. I felt empathy with Molly's character after being dumped by her husband Charlie although it seems she was still hung up on her ex David & wasn't as into Charlie as she seemed so why did she marry him?
I felt annoyance at Eve's character - it's been 2yrs since Charlie not only cheated on you but then left you, move on already! He's clearly not worth it!
Julie's character wasn't that likeable & the fact that she'
FQ AreMyInitials
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'd give it a 2.5 actually. It was a good book but waay to many characters and they are all connected in some weird way, more than just Charlie. To sum up --- Spoiler alert --- If you guys are waiting for all 3 girls to confront each other and figure it all out then u r wrong. They won't. And Molly's ending was too dramatic and desperate =P I actually face palmed myself reading this ----
Amy Jones
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comedy, entertaining
It was entertainin; an easy read from three women's points of view that could either appeal to you or not. If you're the type of woman that has pms then read this, you will love it and it's witty humour from the author; if not then read another one of her books, because I'm sure she'll apply her wit and light hearted fun in others of her collection.
I read this on holiday about 2 years ago if not more, it was entertaining and kept me busy for a few days. It's short so won't be a commitment read,
Lizzy Attwood
Sep 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Niamh Greene is one of my favorite authors, she is witty and her stories all seem to have a good moral and a happy ending, in this book it links three main characters to the one "Love Rat" and it shows how different these women are from each other, even through having this one man in common. Truly a great read light and funny
Sabrina
May 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicklit
Wow, this is a confusing book! You really have to concentrate on even the tiniest bits! I mean.. there are three women talking about their lives and the people they meet and in the end you see that they're all connected - not only by Charlie. Loved that!
M-n
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
darn good chick lit , great for dipping in and out of . Liked the different narratives one a blog , the other a letter with the open forum as a kind of chorus in a funny way. A Nice little read.
Steph
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good enjoyable read that was made all the better for the different way each women's story was told...Eve's told through letters to Charlie, Julie's through a blog about Charlie and Molly through the actual telling of the story just after she married Charlie.
I liked Molly whereas I had no liking for Julie and Eve just needed to get her confidence back again before she could see what was staring her in the face.
It was all quite predictable but it's the drama in between that was entertaining.
Char
Leenna Naidoo
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
In brief:
It's been a little while since I've read a good fun chick-lit novel like this. I'm a fan of Meg Cabot and Niamh Greene produces a crazy, gossipy, humor-filled read; which still manages to leave you with a satisfied sigh that all is right with the world after all.
Letters To A Love Rat had me amused, thoughtful and shaking my head (both ways).
While Letters To A Love Rat may have Molly, Julie and Eve lying to themselves and to everyone else, they are never mean girls who veer into pure ev
Rosie
May 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
I really enjoyed the book in the end, although it did take a while for me to get into it. As I said Molly was my favourite character and I loved reading her story and even teared up a little at the end. I really felt sorry for Eve but that was it for that character, I wasn't rushing to read her letters. Julie (and the people reading her blog) gave me the most laughs in the book however I felt that she was quite self centered and I was glad she saw sense in the end.

All in all the book was good b
  • Recipe for Disaster
  • Keeping It in the Family
  • Hello Heartbreak
  • Thick and Thin
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • Witch Crag
  • The Sister Diaries
  • The Divergent Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series
  • The Accidental Proposal (Ed & Dan, #3)
  • The Virgin's Tale
  • Love and Marriage
  • Country Pursuits (Churchminster #1)
  • Fake
  • The Vampire of Highgate (Highgate, #1)
  • Hollywood Car Wash