Start by marking “A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas

A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
This is no ordinary Nutcracker! This time, it's Fritz's story. The traditional Nutcracker tale gets turned on its head in this rollicking Christmas adventure, based on the hit musical A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas by the popular family music rock star Ralph Covert and playwright G. Riley Mills. Includes a bonus CD of songs from the musical, featuring a read-aloud track with ...more
Novelty Book, 40 pages
Published October 21st 2009 by Chronicle Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas

Dec 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
A modern take on the traditional Nutcracker story, based on "the hit the popular children's rock star Ralph Covert". (I hadn’t heard of either.) When Fritz (Clara's brother) breaks his sister's favorite nutcracker doll, he is left at home with a boring old neighbor and his favorite video game (Mouse Hunter 5000) is locked away. When Fritz sneaks his video game out and plays it, the Mouse King suddenly appears and Fritz and the now alive (and girl) Nutcracker have to save Christmas. ...more
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun twist to the Classic Story

Kids enjoyed the twist to the Nutcracker. Modern fun mixed with video games and charming characters made this story adventurous fir my preschoolers who loved the Nutcracker being a girl.
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a children's book. It had a really cute twist on the nutcracker story with a modern video game theme and a female nutcracker! Great job!
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
An okay kid’s book that attempts to briefly modernize the Nutcracker with some role reversals. Illustrations are well done.
Kathryn Bergeron
The boy in this story is mean to his sister and gets his video games taken away. He's left at home while a neighbor. When his neighbor leaves the room, the boy gets his videogame and starts playing it. Little does he know that it will lead to an adventure with the Nutcracker himself.

A cute adventure story for little boys for the holidays.
Carissa Mann
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edrd-314
I picked out this book because I wanted to see how closely related it was to the original Nutcracker. It kept a lot of the major events the same but put a twist on it and made it more modern. For example, the main conflict involved Videogames. Typically, little girls usually enjoy The Nutcracker. However, In A Nutty Nutcracker Christmas, I believe little boys might enjoy this because the main character is a boy trying to fix his video game. This book would be great for children to read themselve ...more
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a modern take on The Nutcracker, offering an altered version of the classic story. The narrative is entertaining and the illustrations are colorful and whimsical, if a bit bizarre in places. Overall, it's a fun book to read aloud and we enjoyed reading it together.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Nov 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, hard-cover, humor
An interesting twist on the Nutcracker. There is a cd that accompanies the book which has music an a read aloud on it. This modern day version mixes the classic tale with a video game premise. Very cool.
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Put aside video games and plots to annoy brother/sister and explore this Christmas story.
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Vincent really enjoyed this. Fun to compare to the ballet he saw this past December.
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Fiction; Juvenile/Christmas
3 stars

This was cute. I liked that the Nutcracker was a girl in this book. A fun twist on the original story.
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I met Wilson Swain in Los Angeles so I was glad to get this book that he illustrated. His illustrations were wonderful and made this wacky story come alive!
Kary Reyes

great book x kids!!!!!!! wonderful reading time! a greatly recommended book x all ages! nice version of the original version!

Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked it but Jesse fell asleep. Cool pictures.
juliet espinoza
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book for kids

This is a. Very good writer and illsrater I love the pictures and the colors that they us it's a great story

Dec 25, 2016
Feb 14, 2015
Dec 15, 2017
May 15, 2016
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
We thought this was going to tell the traditional nutcracker story from the perspective of Fritz, but it was a completely new story that wasn't all that great.
Dec 13, 2017