Start by marking “The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)” as Want to Read:
The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)

The Bodyguard

(T-FLAC #14.5)

Cherry Adair: “Temptation on Ice”

When paranormal operative Sebastian Tremayne heads to the Arctic Circle to keep an eye on red-hot physicist Michaela Giese, the polar ice cap isn’t the only thing in danger of melting. This beautiful brainy woman could spark a nuclear disaster he cannot stop—even with magic—and ignite a fiery passion he cannot resist…

Gena Showalter: “Tempta
Published June 29th 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published June 22nd 2010)

Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
3 stars-"Temptations on Ice" by Cherry Adair- this is part of her T-FLAC series and was incredibly interesting. I feel I may have lost a bit by not knowing the series. My main reason for rating this one a 3 was that they were being hunted by "tangos" (bad guys), they were in a small 2 man submarine the size of a SMART car, and had hot sweaty sex through their wet suits before being blasted by a torpedo. Now I know we suspend belief for shorts, but really? Really?!

5 stars- "Temptation in Shadows"
Kathrynn
Three short stories were packed into this little read. For me, they were unoriginal and overdone. One had possibilities of a new series:

1. Temptation on Ice by Cherry Adair (#16 in the T-FLAC series)

An "OK" read, but nothing special. Another PSI T-FLAC (paranormal), so it felt like "been there and done that." Sebastian Tremayne's abilities were to absorb other's abilities. Kinda like Rogue on X-Men. He encountered Michaela Giese (T-FLAC--non paranormal--scientist agent) two years prior to this s
Danielle
May 01, 2011 rated it liked it
I purchased this book just to read Gena Showalter's Temptation in Shadows. I am a huge fan of Showalter and I could not resist buying it any longer.

The story was good and I really liked the characters. I think that this short story really could have been a full novel like the Extraordinary Girl books. It shared a lot of elements that the EG novels had. i.e. Girl experimented on+ potentially dangerous "power"= being a target that is a danger to herself and the world. Girl is protected by man ass
Leah
Dec 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Michelle Tempted By Books
Aug 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
All thropughtout I thought this anthology was a winner.

Cherry Adair's Temptation on Ice was the 14th story in the TFLAC series. I liked the concept of these two having some background with one another. I didn't much care for the lack of communication but the steaminess more than made up for it. In typical TFLAC fashion, we have an expiration date/time on this story so things are very fast paced.

Gena Showalter's Temptation in Shadows reminded me so much of her Alien Huntress series that I thoug
Katrina Hodges
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-e-book
I only read the story by Gena Showalter and I loved it. She is such a good author, she'll hook you on the first sentence and keep you entertained throughout the whole book with no dull moments. This book does not seem to be apart of a series, unless it is a prequel to a new series? If it is, I will continue with the series. The book was about a girl who has the ability to hack into computers with her mind and the danger she is in because of it. It was an interesting storyline and I was hooked fr ...more
Cindi
Feb 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the final novella in this anthology the most. I believe that Lori O'Clare is new to me; she writes about werewolves and I look forward to checking out more of her work!
Andrea
Jul 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Temptation on Ice:
I liked the strong feelings Sebastian had for Michaela as he watched her. “He sucked in an inaudible breath, his heart manic with lo--lust. With unrequited hunger. Beating fast, because just looking at her turned him on like no other woman ever had, nor, he knew, ever would.”
I just hated that she had been the fiancé to his best friend, and they had kissed while she was engaged to another man. That said something about her, well both of them, that I didn’t like. I really didn’t
Kathy
Ann
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked Cherry Adair’s story but the other 2 lacked something.
Amber Daulton
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I borrowed this book from my local library and my review is not paid for or compensated for in any way.
Overall rating: 4 Stars

Temptation on Ice ��� Cherry Adair

I���ve heard of Cherry before but this story is the first I���ve read by her. While a good story, I feel that the history/purpose of the T-FLAC team wasn���t as detailed as it should���ve been for a newbie reader to pick up the book. It���s evidently in the middle of a series and the books before it should be read for a better understan
Tori
Aug 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Sebastian Tremayne is a paranormal operative who can turn invisible. Sean Walker is a secret agent who can control shadows. Seth Gere is a bounty hunter searching for a murderer. In this collection of enjoyable short paranormal stories, these men go to great lengths to protect the women they love.

“Temptation on Ice” by Cherry Adair

Sebastian Tremayne is a T-FLAC operative who’s current assignment is to find nuclear physicist Dr. Michaela Giese, determine if she is a threat, and exterminate her if
Jackie
Sep 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Temptation On Ice by Cherry Adair is "hot"! This novella set in the T-Flac series features operative Sebastian Tremayne who is a chameleon able to absorb and channel other supernaturals powers for his own use... Michaela Giese is the beauty who caught his eye 2 years prior as she was engaged to his best friend, a fellow T-Flac agent.....
The story is dynamic and full of intrigue, espionage and very steamy scenes that the author is known for throughout her books... I enjoyed this Paranormal Romanc
Karen Wapinski
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed in this book. I'd heard a lot about Cherry Adair, and Gena Showalter is one of my favourite authors, so I had some high hopes.
Maybe that was my first mistake.
I'll start with what I liked:
Gena Showalter's story: Temptation in Shadows. I would've been happy if this had been a full-length novel; I hope Showalter revisits these characters if not in a full novel at least in other anthologies. I love Gabby and Sean's powers; and the set-up was pretty funny. The 'hot guy' of Sea
Melindeeloo
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it
You'd never guess from the name, but surprise, surprise, The Bodyguard is a paranormal romance anthology.

"Temptation on Ice" by Cherry Adair is a T-FLAC short. Time is running out for kidnapped scientist Michaela when Sebastian, the man she's dreamt of for years arrived to 'rescue' her. But Sebastian's assignment is to take out the sexy woman, he believes faked her own death and is working for the enemy on a bomb that will destroy the world - While I liked the characters' back-story and thought
Robin Priddy
Jun 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Su Halfwerk
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
More like 3.5 stars but Gena is here.
There are 3 stories in this book:
1. Temptations on Ice by Cherry Adair
The good:
I liked the premise and idea of the book. Cherry had a good command of the description, making each scene sound and feel plausible (this influenced the Not-So section below.) The author also endowed the main character with a kickAss power. Cool.
The Not-So:
Because the author was very vivid in her description, I had a problem with the suitability of the intimate moment in the tiny su
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
ANH!

Cherry Adair's story was pretty good. I have the TFLAC series yet to read & I didn't know it was paranormal. Great surprise!! A gifted guy who is on a mission to stop a nuclear missile or whatever & runs into the woman he was obsessed with… At one point I thought he was an ass, but I got over it quickly! It's a complete short story, so it isn't adding on to a past relationship that you wander in the middle of…

Gina Showalter's was the longest & I'm not sure if it's part of an exi
Paranormal Suspense
Feb 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Temptation on Ice" by Cherry Adair is a short story in T-FLAC series. Time is running out for kidnapped scientist Michaela when Sebastian, the man she's dreamt of for years arrived to 'rescue' her. But Sebastian's assignment is to take out the sexy woman, he believes faked her own death and is working for the enemy on a bomb that will destroy the world

I liked the characters' back-story and thought that Sebastian's ability to borrow others' paranormal powers was neat, the next thing I know Sebas
Brutally Honest
"Temptation on Ice" - ****

This story was intriguing, I really liked the second chance at love scenario, and their hooking up was made really believable. Also, it was hot.

"Temptation in Shadows" - ****

I loved this one as well, cool abilities and I was immediately sucked into this world. I love how they developed a trust for each other over time, and how they both grew as characters in such a short story!

"Hunting Temptation" - **

What a disappointment. I was bored out of my mind in the beginning, a
July
Jul 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
The first story in this book is by Cherry Adair. Temptation on Ice. Sebastian Tremayne works for T-Flac as an Agent and is going to the Artic Circle to find out if the the polar ice cap in in danger of melting and it is true that physicist Michaela Giese is alive and well there. This beautiful woman whom he went to her funeral along with his best friend who was soposed to marry her two years before. Now there is a danger that she could be responsible for a nuclear disaster in the making. The pro ...more
Zarinah
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was 3 lovely stories of strong women being protected or comforted by 3 strong males.
The first story was really detailed and lovely about a woman stuck under the ice in a submarine and is not expecting to leave but is expectantly rescued by an old acquaintance. This story was easy to read and I enjoyed it 2 maybe 3 stars.
The whole reason i picked up this book is because I m a fan of Gena Showalter and I wasn't disappointed. Her love scene was better than the first and she had a strong woma
Missy Jane
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Donna
Jul 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
I find it hard to rate anthologies when I have widely different opinions of the stories. I loved one novella, really liked one, and really didn't like one at all. I loved Temptation on Ice, and this is the novella I bought the bbok for. I loved both characters and really liked Sebastian's "power". I thought this was a really clever premise. I really liked Hunting Tempation. Initially, I thought both the writing and Jenna's charater was somewhat juvenile, but I ended up being absolutely charmed b ...more
Linda
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
As reviewed on Read Our Lips:

Loved this anthology, three shortstories with alpha males, hazards and mortal perils.
Cherry Adairs Temptation on Ice, special agent Sebastian is on a mission to interogate his old flame, now turned rogue, Michaela, learn all her secrets and then terminate her. Shes been disappeared for two years, supposedly dead and he wants to know why she did it. Wizards, paranormal and hot smexin.
Gena Showalters Temptation in Shadows, Seans mission is to earn the trust of Gabby an
Loraine
Jul 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This book had so much potential. I picked it up because there was a book club here on Goodreads that was reading it and I thought, "sure, why not?" I was in the mood for some short stories, since I've been reading some long, intricate ones, lately.

I honestly felt like this book had a quota of raunchy sex that HAD to be in it in order to be put in this anthology. The language was crude, the situations were contrived... most of each story read more like a Penthouse write-in than something from th
Mae Hanley
Jul 02, 2010 rated it liked it
1st Story - Temptation on Ice by Cherry Adair
Totally not my thing. I'm just not into subterfuge type stories. And it was a bit preditable for me. 2 stars.

2nd Story - Temptation in Shadows by Gena Shawalter
Slightly more to my liking. I have no idea if this is part of another series of hers, and I'm not quite intrigued enough to pursue it if it is. But I really like the gathering of shadows, that piqued my interest.
3 stars

3rd Story - Hunting Temptation by Lorie O'Clare
I was interested in the pack
Bethany
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I skipped the first short story as it could not catch my attention in the first chapter.

I really liked Gena's short story, but not just because Gena wrote it. I know I'm a fangirl, but this was different. Completely new characters and storyline. Also, it had a little more of a gritty feel to it than the rest of her work. Also, parts kind of started to sway toward the erotic romance genre... and it was just fine!

The last story was good. It was nice to read about a confident, sexy woman instead o
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jun 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Far and away the best in this on was "Temptation in Shadows," by Gena Showalter. A good balance between very likeable characters, good action, and sexy times.

My second attempt at a Cherry Adair story ("Temptation on Ice") was eh. (The first one I tried Hush was a DNF).

Lorie O'Clare's story ("Hunting Temptation") was also a miss for me. Overbearing men and a dumb heroine. Eh. I do own Play Dirty and Get Lucky in her bounty hunter series, so I do plan on reading more (some point in time).
Michelle
Dec 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I don't normally like anthologies because the stories are too short. The Cherry Adair and Gena Showalter stories were pretty good. I have always liked the T-FLAC setting & liked both Sebastian and Michaela. The "paranormal" aspect of Showalter's book was weird... someone who controls the shadows & someone who can hack into a computer without touching it. Seemed like a weird combo, but somehow it worked for the most part.
The Lorie O'Clare book did nothing for me. I didn't like the charac
« previous 1 3 next »
Gena Showalter Fans: The Bodyguard 1 3 Jul 23, 2012 12:51PM

• On the Hunt (Sentinel Wars #3.4, Nightkeepers #5.5, Gods of Midnight, #4.5)
  • Men to Die For
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Men of Danger (Elite Ops, #6)
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • Date With a Devil
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Deadly Promises (B.A.D. Agency, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #2.5)
  • First Blood (Laws of the Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly (FBI #1)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • Haunted by Your Touch  (Doomsday Brethren #3.5, Moon Chasers, #4.5)
  • After Moonrise
  • Baddest Bad Boys
  • Bodyguards in Bed
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Hot Nights, Dark Desires (Includes: ACRO, #2.5)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea

T-FLAC (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • Hot Ice (T-FLAC, #7)
  • Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8)
  • Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
“The tattoos around his eyes burned as he scanned the surrounding area. No one but him probably noticed, but the plumes of darkness branching in every direction were writhing and groaning, desperate to avoid the light of the moon and street lamps.
Come to me, he beseeched them.
They didn’t hesitate. As if they’d merely been waiting for the invitation, they danced toward him, flattening against his car, shielding it—and thereby him—from prying eyes.
“Freaks me out every damn time you do that,” Rowan said as he crawled into the front passenger seat. For the first time, Sean’s friend had accompanied him to “keep you from doing something you’ll regret.” Not that Gabby had known. Rowan had lain in the backseat the entire drive. “I can’t see a damn thing.”
“I can.” Sean’s gaze could cut through shadows as easily as a knife through butter.
Gabby was in the process of settling behind the wheel of her car. Though more than two weeks had passed since their kiss, they hadn’t touched again. Not even a brush of fingers.
He was becoming desperate for more.
That kiss . . . it was the hottest of his life. He’d forgotten where he was, what—and who—was around him. He’d never, never, risked discovery like that. But that night, having Gabby so close, those lush lips of hers parted and ready, those brown eyes watching him as if he were something delicious, he’d been unable to stop himself. He’d beckoned the shadows around them, meshed their lips together, touched her in places a man should only touch a woman in private, and tasted her.
Oh, had he tasted her. Sugar and lemon. Which meant she’d been sipping lemonade during her breaks. Lemonade had never been sexy to him before. Now he was addicted to the stuff. Drank it every chance he got. Hell, he sported a hard-on if he even spotted the yellow fruit.
At night he thought about pouring lemon juice over her lean body, sprinkling that liquid with sugar, and then feasting. She’d come, he’d come, and then they could do it all over again.
Seriously. Lemonade was like his own personal brand of cocaine now—which he’d once been addicted to, had spent years in rehab combating, and had sworn never to let himself become so obsessed with a substance again. Good luck with that.
“I’m getting nowhere with her,” Rowan said. “You, she watches. You, she kissed.”
“Yeah, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that.” Gabby’s car passed his and he accelerated, staying close enough to her that anyone trying to merge into her lane wouldn’t clip his car because they couldn’t see him. Not that anyone was out and about at this time of night. “She’s mine. I don’t want you touching her.”
“Finally. The truth. Which is a good thing, because I already called Bill and told him you were gonna be the one to seduce her.”
“Thanks.” This was one of the reasons he and Rowan were such good friends. “But I thought you were here tonight to keep me from her.”
“First, you’re welcome. Second, I lied.”
5 likes
“Rowan didn’t speak as she turned on her heel and strode to the door. Didn’t speak as she opened it, exited, and shut it behind her with a gentle click. Then he swiveled in his chair and leveled Sean with a dark glare.
“What the hell just happened?”
“That’s called a strikeout,” Sean said with a grin. “I’ve never seen you crash and burn like that, my friend.”
“I know. Embarrassing is what it is. I mean, really.”
Rowan tangled his fingers through his hair. “You got a better response than I did.”
“Please, I got nothing, same as you.”
Rowan offered him a sheepish smile. “I know. But I felt the heat pulsing off you the moment she stepped into the office. Then I saw the fantasies you were weaving about her and decided to throw you a bone. So you want her, huh?”
Sean lost his grin but managed to shrug. “Doesn’t matter. Unless you picked up on her weaving fantasies about me?”
A sigh. “Sorry. Her mind was a blank slate to me. I didn’t pick up on a single thought, emotion, or desire. It’s like she operates on a completely different frequency than the rest of the world.”
She probably did, with all those wires and chips in her head.
“Still,” Rowan continued, “we can call Bill and tell him you’re the one who should be—”
“Nope.” The word burned his tongue, and he hated himself for saying it, but he didn’t take it back. Success was too important. “I don’t exactly inspire trust in the women I date. The opposite, in fact. Something about me makes people distrust every word and action.” His affiliation with the shadows, with darkness, most likely. They must have sensed it on some level. “You’re better at romancing and I’m better at killing.”
2 likes