Start by marking “The Complete Ramona Collection (Ramona #1-8)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Ramona Collection (Ramona #1-8)

The Complete Ramona Collection

(Ramona Quimby #1-8)

Whether a long-time fan of Beverly Cleary or a newcomer to her award-winning books for children, this eight-book box set of the complete Ramona Quimby series will be a perfect addition to any bookshelf.

Kids everywhere feel connected to Ramona's unique way of looking at the world as she tries to adjust to new teachers, encounters bullies at school, and puts up with her bos
Published March 19th 2013 by HarperCollins (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Ramona Collection, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ashley Susan is a copy cat! 😢💮🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱💮

Krista
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My daughter flew through these books in these last few months! I enjoyed having her read them aloud to me. They make perfect read a loud books. There are some parts I didn't like, as we are homeschoolers and the books talk a lot about Ramona's experiences in public school. However, this rating is mostly my daughter because she loves this series so much! As a mom I rate 3.5 stars but my daughter gave a very firm 5 stars. Kids love these books!
Josh
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
My wife and I alternated reading these out loud to our two daughters (ages 8 and 6.) They really loved them. We will continue by reading the Henry Huggins series next.
Marlene
Jun 04, 2017 marked it as for-nora  ·  review of another edition
I'm certain I enjoyed some of all this series as a kid. I'm bursting to tell my Goodreads friends that the "Ramona and Beezus" movie is awesome. My 3, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 13-year-olds ALL loved the movie. Dan, his mother, and I thought it was pretty great too. Jacob has three of the Henry Huggins books and now really wants the other two. :-D

Rated G.
$5 on Amazon.
Maede
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me and my sister grew up with her, her family, her cute obsessions with red boots and curly hair, her free imagination and how she loved and hated Beezus at the same time, the way most sisters do, and I loved it particularly because I was growing up 7000 miles away and yet I felt that I totally understood her. I'm looking forward to reading it to my future children cause I know it's timeless.
Travis Rowe
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always loved the Ramona books when I was a kid so when I found this collection on sale, I didn't hesitate.

Reading through the series with my sons I was pleased to find they were all just as funny as I remembered ... if maybe just a bit dated. This time through, I was able to appreciate how well Ramona is written -- yes, there are silly, sitcom-esque misunderstandings and squabbles, but things always seem 'fair'. Even when throwing a childish tantrum, Ramona always has a reason, justified or no
Aj204
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book I read in this collection is Ramona the pest: Look Out Kindergarten!" by Beverly Cleary. The main characters in the story are Ramona, Beezus, Davy, Mary. the setting takes place at home, school . In the beginning of the story Ramona goes to kindergarten for the first time and she is very excited and she was skipping and singing then her sister dropped her in kindergarten and she like the teacher because she was cute and nice. Next the teacher gave her a seat and she said that she had a ...more
Dulcie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I are currently re-reading this series, and though we haven't quite finished yet, I'm writing my review because we are both enjoying it so much! I loved these books when I was a kid, and they are so much fun to read aloud as an adult. Each book has me laughing and sometimes even crying. My daughter loves them just as much, asking for more and more, and today she summed up what is so good about them when she said, "The way she describes it makes you feel like you're Ramona." Clear ...more
Daphne Jones
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books do not show their age at all. Beverly Cleary's characters are as vibrant and relevant (and funny) as they were when they were first released decades ago. The whole series is a pleasure from the opening pages of the first book to the final words of the last book in this set. Highly recommended!
Mell
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-kids, fiction
I loved these novels as a kid. My 2nd grade teacher had one of these books on her classroom shelf. I read the series out order, but didn't care. Ramona felt real, unlike the prissy girls in old fashioned books. I could relate to all the times she got in trouble for her escapades.
Nate
Fewer things in my reading life have given me the pleasure I experienced reading these books from my childhood to my own children and finding them just as enthralled in 2017 as I was 30 years ago. Bravo, Ms. Cleary.
Shel Gillen
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found nothing and no one more relatable than Ramona as a child.
Jackie
Jill
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My children and I have been listening to this series for the second time. We have read all the books before but Stockard Channing's performance makes it an irresistible listen during drive time.

I continue to admire Beverly Cleary's ability to so perfectly capture and explain Ramona's feelings and world at each stage, making her relatable whether the book was written in the 1960 or 2000. Ramona always feels real and sincere.

Ms. Channing's performance of Ramona's parents is outstanding. They have
Angela
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My kids and I have listened to this entire series twice, once each time one of them was a kindergartener. Stockard Channing does an AMAZING job narrating this series. Her Howie voice cracks me up! I can totally see why Ramona gets so frustrated with him for being so calm and unexcitable. One of my favorite aspects of this series is the very simple life depicted. This is a time before cell phones and Internet. Kids walked to school and walked home from school. The world they live in seems safer, ...more
Karin
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
As entertaining for my 6yr old as the Junie B. Jones series!

For Bezzus and Ramona:

Bezzus sometimes doesn't love her little sister Ramona- especially when she's being naughty. But what can Bezzus do? Sisters are supposed to love each other. Her own mother and her Aunt Beatrice love each other! The resolution to this conundrum, as well as all the hilarious scrapes Ramona gets her family into makes this book fun to read!

I read this aloud to my 6yr old daughter. She says it's worth 4 stars!! She s
Gina
Aug 09, 2015 added it
Re-reading this series will always take me back to my childhood. Just watching Ramona grow up, and learn the various lessons that she learns is just so heartwarming and pure.
My favorite books in the collection would have to be "Ramona the Pest", "Ramona forever", and "Ramona and her Mother."
It was really good to see that Ramona had a book with each of her family members, and I thought all in all the series was wrapped up quite nicely. I wish that there would have been more books in this series
Katie Pozzuoli
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this entire series with my three-year-old earlier this year, and it was so much fun to share it with her. I love that Ramona's character really develops and matures as the series progresses. I also appreciate that her family is far from perfect, and readers get to see them struggle through some low points. I think it makes for great discussion starters with kids. Also, the peek into a 1950s childhood was priceless!
Heather
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books, inv
I loved these books as a girl and enjoyed sharing them with my five-year-old daughter. (We read a chapter a night before bed, and she eagerly anticipated our reading time.) I love how Beverly Cleary captures the joys, challenges, and triumphs of childhood. I know my daughter will revisit these books on her own.
Rachel
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't love these as much as I enjoyed my Judy Blume books, but Ramona had her charms. I think I connected more to her than to Beezus, even though I'm the older sister of my family; probably because, as the protagonist, her emotions about growing up were more on display. I remember looking at the stenciled drawings in my chapter books, too. Good times! :p
Violet
Although I read the entire Ramona series as a child, I have to admit that this is one instance in which I prefer the audiobook version over the print. Stockard Channing does an amazing job, and I have so many fond memories of listening to this audio cassette each and every time I got sick. If you are at all interested in recorded versions of children's stories, this is among the best.
Emily
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all of these as a kid and loved them. This time I listened to them on audiobook (read by Stockard Channing) and my only regret was that audiobooks don't have illustrations. I did wear my pajama pants out under a long dress after listening to the part where Ramona wears her new pajamas to school, but since it was pretty cold out I refuse to admit to Ramona being a bad influence on me.
Goodworth1
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We LOVE this audiobook series! Stockard Channing is fantastic as the narrator - really bringing to life the different characters in Ramona's life. I love the way Beverly Cleary captures what is so wonderful and so difficult about growing up. We love listening to Ramona grow up and listen to this collection over and over again. I'll be sad when my last child (age 6) outgrows the Ramona books!
Sara Sullivan
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mary-lois-and-me
Every one of the Ramona books captured my daughter's attention. Very wholesome books that can make your little girl giggle. I loved reading them out loud to her at night where we could stop and discuss the book - a memory I will always treasure!
Brandon Fickle
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YAY!!! I loved it very much and I like it very much with a lot of pizza sauce.

Icing v cm duck cheek music scratch kids Adam Jack incl Ingram bubble pointing ferrets knight kvetch utterance g Dusty
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favorite series of all time! I would give it 10 stars if I could. Beverly Cleary is the reason I became a reader.
Meredith
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was written about my kid, had to be. If only I could be as calm as Mrs. Quimby!
Wendi
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
These have been some of my favorite books for as long as I can remember. Ramona the Pest was the first "chapter book" I read on my own.
Emma Laskin
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Books to read to one's young daughters!
Amy
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, audiobooks
What a delight to listen through all eight books of Ramona! We all loved Ramona in each of her stages and the narrarator is a joy to listen to.
Allegra S
I credit this series for getting me hooked on reading as a kid. I read them over and over and over again. They are very special to me.

• Judy Blume Boxed Set (Fudge-a-Mania / Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great / Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing / Superfudge)
  • Toot & Puddle: Let It Snow
  • Keats's Neighborhood: An Ezra Jack Keats Treasury
  • The Indian In The Cupboard Trilogy
  • The Princess and the Goblin / Princess and Curdie
  • Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Comes Back
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • The Whispering Rabbit
  • Genie Wishes
  • George and Martha Tons of Fun
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • Lighthouse Christmas
  • LaRue Across America: Postcards From the Vacation
  • I Saw Three Ships
  • My Very UnFairy Tale Life (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #1)
  • Freddy and the Ignormus
  • Silver (Sarabeth, #1)
  • Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy from Mars
Beverly Cleary (born April 12, 1916) is the author of over 30 books for young adults and children. Her characters are normal children facing challenges that many of us face growing up, and her stories are liberally laced with humour. Some of her best known and loved characters are Ramona Quimby and her sister Beatrice ("Beezus"), Henry Huggins, and Ralph S. Mouse.

Beverly Cleary was born Beverly At

Ramona Quimby (8 books)
  • Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)
  • Ramona the Pest (Ramona, #2)
  • Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)
  • Ramona and Her Father (Ramona, #4)
  • Ramona and Her Mother (Ramona, #5)
  • Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona, #6)
  • Ramona Forever (Ramona, #7)
  • Ramona's World (Ramona, #8)
“Why, no, I guess not,” 0 likes