Start by marking “The Road Taken” as Want to Read:
The Road Taken

The Road Taken

The road trip.

For Molly, it means freedom. The freedom to be the person she wants to be. The freedom to make her own choices. The ability to appreciate the things that are to her tastes.

There are no restrictions. No rules. There is only possibility. Chance. Fantasy.

So when a big, rough-around-the-edges man strides by her like he owns the world, she can allow her desire
Published 2008 by e-Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Road Taken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road Taken

Start your review of The Road Taken
Dina
Sep 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Adrienne
Safety issues aside - a woman traveling alone should know better than have a one-night stand with a stranger she's just met on the road -, this was a very sweet and sexy read. I almost had a heart attack near the end, when I thought that there wouldn't be a HEA, but everything turned out to be just fine. :)
Auntee
Sep 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Auntee by: All the glowing reviews from my GR friends
If this sweetly erotic little quickie is an example of her writing style, I need to read some more Megan Hart. And I do enjoy a hero who blushes. Nicely done.
Adrienne
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely sweet read that I found via Megans Blog. It's a free E-book on Harlequin Spice! and another short story. Listed as having 20 chapters but these are more like pages and took about 40 mins to read:). Difficult to review because I could end up giving everything away.

Molly is heading home after leaving everything shes known for the past few years behind, her wordly belongings packed into the trunk of her car. On the way a chevrolet Impala catches her eye together with the driver, Ja
Teryl
Nov 03, 2009 rated it liked it
This short story would have gotten a 4 if it didn't have a really annoying thing going one. At the end of each chapter there is a little "what will happen in the next chapter" thing going on. For example, the chapter will come to an end, then it will say "Molly and Jake get interrupted, will they continue what they started in chapter 10?" or something to the like. This happened in every single chapter and it totally through me out of the story everytime it happened. If I had read the book and no ...more
Mahlet
Jan 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Free download via Audible's website. Although unabridged, it was just over 1 hour in length. Short and Hot. I loved the flirting with the other driver over the course of 30 miles...who hasn't flirted with a hot stranger in an adjacent car? Most of us can relate. But who has acted out that fantasy with said stranger in a parking lot and hotel? Not many of us :) This was fun and right to the point? ...more
Shawna
4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance/Erotica

A short, sweet, and steamy read about two strangers who flirt and find romance on the open road.
 Pleasures Chest
Nov 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great short story. Jake is a tender and oh so delicious.
Debbie
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Needing a new start, Molly was took to the road, along the way she kept seeing a great looking Chevy Impala with a great looking man, Jake, in it. Playing road tag, then eating at a diner together could have been the end of it, but they were both interested in a little more.

Short story, really fun and descriptive story. I found this in a collection of short audio books. I really liked Jake and the ending is good, even if it is a bit predictable. Picky-picky: at the end of most of the chapters, t
Nunung
Aug 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My first Megan Hart's. My first romance without a wedding ring on the last page. That's why I love this book ^^
Menurutku cerita ini sangat membumi. Flirting with a stranger is one thing, marrying him is something else. Watch out, Gals.
Membaca Molly, seperti membaca kehidupan nyata, setiap hari kita bertemu someone, tapi apakah He's the one, tanda tanya selalu membayang. Sebagaimana Molly berani take a chance with a stranger, seharusnya kita juga kan ^^
Megan Hart tidak menutup novelnya dengan
TinaMarie
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Schnuffelchen
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So sexy kann ein Neuanfang sein.

Eigentlich kann auf 56 Seiten nicht soll Geschichte sein, wie ich sie doch gefunden haben. Megan Hart kann herrlich auch zwischen den Zeilen schreiben. Auf diesen 56 Seiten löst sich Molly von ihrer Vergangenheit, versucht ihre Zurückhaltung abzulegen, legt sie später auch ab und beginnt ein neues Leben. Doch Jake ist nicht einfach nur ein Mann in einem heißen Auto, sondern ein Mensch mit Schwächen, Unsicherheiten und einem Leben abseits der Straße. Der Zufall bri
July
This is a nice erotic short from one of my fav authors. I enjoyed the story itself. It was a little different from typical Megan Hart - not in the first person and not as lush prose - but still good quality writing and a fun sexy plot.

So why only 3 stars? The audiobook has a teaser for the next chapter at the end of every short chapter. It's something like "Molly and Jake (insert action here), will they (insert silly question here)?" It's jarring and annoying and completely interrupts the contin
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Kerste - you ROCK! She recommended it and I TOTALLY loved it!

Okay - this is a short story that is every girls fantasy -- IF, you like hot cars and the really hot guys who drive them. Have you ever been rockin' down the road -- radio as loud as it would go, and a hot car and driver pull up next to you. You both are tapping your steering wheels with the inside of your thumbs - and your eyes meet. YES! You may not act on anything, you think about this guy a for the remainder of the drive.

This is t
Stormy
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: short hot erotica fans
Okay, so first I want to say that I really do not like short stories.

This "book" was 20 pages long. Doesn't get much shorter than that.

But I SWEAR that Megan Hart ripped this fantasy straight out of my head! I have a total love affair with classic cars and hot guys.

I didn't need any real back story, but even in 20 pages, both characters managed to get some (back story that is...).

I'm going to have to print these 20 pages out so that I can contemplate them more some other time as well.

Ring my bel
Elena
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5*

Ok...Had potential, but the guy just seemed like a loser! He was too shy and way too beta for me! Sex, which was said to be "hot hot hot" was, instead, very vanilla and boring. Her fantasies in the car, while she was driving, were hotter than what actually happened when she finally got to bang him. And the ending - blahh - so cheesy!
Evan
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance and erotica lovers
Once again, Megan makes me adore her.
Relatively quick read, but I loved how the tension was build, how we find out the back-stories of the characters.
I believe Megan Hart is one of the best nowadays writers despite the genre she works in. She is really good at what she does, even if the competition among erotica was higher.
Katherine
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
A nice story, strangers meet and have a one-night stand. Meet again months later and decide to see if it could become something more.

Freebie from Harlequin
Melissa
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Love it from start to finish. An easy read that was enjoyable.
Tameka
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
this was noy what i was expecting it could have been better. I had a hard time getting into this one.
Yz the Whyz
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-reads
Short and sweet story.
Linda Isakson
Nov 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
A sexy short-story about a woman named Molly who's starting a new life, and the handsome stranger she meets on the road. A fun and very quick read. ...more
Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)
Mar 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
Enjoyed it while finishing up some boring chores
Felicia (Ferishia)
The was a sweet sexy read. I wish it was a little longer. I will be checking out more of Megan Hart's books. ...more
Lina Redorrio
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
I love it so much. I read it twice already.
Karate1kid
Sarah Amos
Jan 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Stranded!
  • Beneath the Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly, #3)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly, #2)
  • Hot Secrets (Tall, Dark & Deadly #1)
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet, #2)
  • Falling Under (Walker Security #3)
  • Pulled Under (Walker Security, #2)
  • Deep Under (Walker Security, #1; Tall, Dark & Deadly, #4)
  • Blaze Erupting (Scorpius Syndrome #4.5)
  • Armed 'N' Ready (Federal K-9 #2)
  • Lock 'N' Load (Federal K-9, #1)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 3 (Reasonable Doubt, #3)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 2 (Reasonable Doubt, #2)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1)
  • Drunk Dial
  • Evermore (Salvation, #5.5)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #2)
  • Sweet Sinful Nights (Sinful Nights, #1)
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website