Start by marking “Tide Knot (Simpul Ombak)” as Want to Read:
Tide Knot  (Simpul Ombak)

Tide Knot (Ingo #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  4,615 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews
Sapphire dan Conor tak bisa melupakan petualangan mereka di Ingo, dunia bawah laut yang misterius dan begitu memikat. Mereka ingin bertemu lagi dengan teman-teman Mer mereka, Faro dan Elvira.

Tapi sekarang Sapphire dan Connor sudah pindah dari rumah mereka di dekat ceruk yang menjadi pintu masuk ke Ingo. Ibu mereka ingin memulai hidup baru di kota pantai St. Pirans, jauh da
Published August 2009 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tide Knot, please sign up.

Ingo Sadly you can't read the book on Goodreads you need to purchase it
Ingo Sadly you can't read the book on Goodreads you need to purchase it

Hayley
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, fairy-tale
I love this series. Unabashedly. It’s simple and lovely. I think it’s ideal for pre-teens, especially if their parents are going through a divorce or they are part of a blended family. To me Sapphy is such a real character, even when she annoyed me, her actions and reactions always rang true. I was as devastated as Sapphy and Conor when I found out the truth about their father.

The pull of Ingo was as enchanting and dangerous as it was in the first book. In Tide Knot the stakes are raised from th
Colleen
Wow, well I'm in a bit of a predicament now. I didn't like Ingo very much, did I? But guess what - I saw this book in a charity shop for £1.25 and took the plunge.
And now I have to hold up my hands and say damn am I glad I did.
It wasn't the best book in the world, I'll admit, but Sapphy really grew up in this. She was still stupid and whiny at times, but definitely less than in the first book and more independant, not relying too much on having Connor around or becoming jealous.
The reason I have
Dark-Draco
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series - Sepphy and Conner try hard to forget their adventures in Ingo, but for Sepphy, whose Mer blood is so strong, it isn't easy. Living in town instead of by their cove, she spends more time moping around by the shore than normal. But when her father appears, trying to warn her of a terrible event, she has to return under the sea to rescue him. Instead, she finds out about the Tide Knot, a mystical entity that keeps the tides from covering too much land. When the knot ...more
Sharin Yofitasari
I have no idea why I loved the first book (Ingo) a lot. Maybe because when I read the first book, I was way younger. Or maybe the first book is actually way better than this second one. I havent read the first book for years.

This could be a great book for children, but not for young adult at all. The story is way too dreamy, it's boring. And I don't know why...but Dunmore's writing doesn't make myself believe in her words. I mean, some parts are interesting, but most parts are boring :S And the
Kirsty
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'The Tide Knot' continues on from 'Ingo', with Sapphire and Conor now living with their mum in St. Pirans. I found this book to be much more satisfying than the previous book, with more underwater adventures and a real sense that the Mer consist of more than just Faro and Elvira. That said, much of the book still takes place on land. I found Sapphire to be as annoying as in the first book, with far too much whinging. Faro, too, is still rather unlikeable and I find it hard to understand why Sapp ...more
Charlotte Roeber
The Tide knot return to ingo
This a fun adventur about a grill torn between the beauty of the sae and her live above the sea.
sapphy half mer so hes is dron to the sea.Sappy on a qust to save her dad how every one thout was dead find out her dad left them for his new faimly under the sea.She ends up saveing everone from the fears tide that have brockin free from ther knots.With the help or her brother and her mer freds they lock the tides back up not be for it flood there home both above the sea
Heather
Jun 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Susan
Recommended to Heather by: Sian
This is the Sequal of the brilliant series, ingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't read it READ IT OR GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avery
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, favorites
hELL YEAH
Tati
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The second installment of the Ingo series begins with Sapphire refusing to adapt to her new home. While Conor has given up on Ingo and embraced his Air side, Sapphire still goes to Ingo to visit with Faro. One thing leads to another (terribly detailed, I know) and Sapphire gets to see her dad, who everyone but her and Conor believed to have drowned more than a year before our story starts. Seeing her dad leads Sapphire and Conor to go to Ingo with the purpose of trying to bring him back. However ...more
Dee Dodgson
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set on the rugged Cornish coast, Sapphire and her brother Conor's father went missing at sea some eighteen months previously (in book one-Ingo). Now they have moved into a new cottage in a different village with their mother and her new boyfriend.
Sapphire isn't happy, but her brother's making the best of it with new friends and goes out surfing most days.
The year before they had both had an unusual, mysterious adventure (after their father had disappeared) deep below the waves where they'd disco
Leah
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Readers
Recommended to Leah by: I liked the front cover
Shelves: teen
I thought that this one was going to be amazing after just a few chapters, and it went really great until it started to become flawed with the whole seeing gift Connor had and the story-line not linking to their previous adventure.

I'll admit it was good, the writing style had improved and the whole call to the ocean is amazing. I liked the idea of her finding her dad and him speaking to her, but she never sees him again which is bizarre to me, and she doesn't really try to find him again. I'm su
Sian
Jun 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Helen Dunmore fans
Recommended to Sian by: no one
Elizabeth Mueller
Whoa... 2nd in the series--great turn on where the missing dad ended up.

Dunmore managed to keep the thrill of the unknown in this book. The world of mer is colorfully depicted with her creative mind.

I loved it!
Luna Howard
Jan 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one better than the first book in the series (Ingo)...although I still don't know what Sapphy sees in Faro (his character seems stuck up and one dimentional to me). A fun adventure story :)
Louise
Really enjoy this :) Couldn't put it down! Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Rizki Wulandari
The Tide Knot adalah seri kedua dalam tetralogy Ingo. Ini kisah yang diangkat dari cerita rakyat atau legenda asal usul pahatan putri duyung di salah satu gereja di daerah Senara, Cornwall, Inggris. Jika sebagian besar kisah manusia duyung bersifat romantisme, tetralogy ini agak berbeda. Tokoh utamanya berusia belasan tahun, beranjak menuju remaja. Mereka adalah kakak beradik dan bersahabat dengan dua orang kaum Mer. Rasanya sulit jika langsung melompat ke seri kedua tanpa membaca seri pertamany ...more
Aini Ainayya
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: terjemahan
Ini adalah buku kedua dari seri Ingo, mengisahkan kelanjutan petualangan Sapphire dan Conor, kakaknya di dunia bawah laut. Masih ditemani Faro dan Elvira, makhluk Mer, petualangan kedua kakak-beradik itu lebih dalam. Kali ini, mereka bersama-sama menyelam untuk mencari jawaban atas apa yang sebenarnya terjadi kepada ayah mereka yang menghilang musim panas lalu.

Pencarian mereka justru mengantar Sapphire dan Conor mengetahui fakta mengerikan, bahwa Ingo sedang berada pada puncak kekuatannya. Dapat
ZI
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Made me cry. Helen Dunmore's mastery of language is so beautiful, and it was what first led me to love this series. Reading it again after weathering some experiences and heartbreaks in life gives a whole new perspective to this rich series.

Thoughts: what the Mer represent against the human world
Emotions written into reality
The relationship between Faro and Sapphy vs. the relationship between Elvira and Conor.

All in all, I can't wait to see how these develop in the next book!!
Febriani Madusari
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-grade
Disini terungkap kemana Dad pergi (walau kita semua pastinya sdh punya dugaan kemana nya) & alasannya Dad pergi. Tadinya ak sebel sama Mum yg move on dgn Roger, disini justru jadi sebel sama Dad karena alasan Dad pergi. Ternyata mum, Conor & Saphire tdk cukup penting untuk Dad sehingga Dad meninggalkan mereka.
Karena itu ak sdh kehilangan minat sama seri ini. Disini petualangan Conor & Saphy ada kaitannya dgn simpul ombak.
frikelovato
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, terjemahan
Buku kedua jalan ceritanya mudah untuk ditebak, dari mulai kemana Mathew pergi, kenapa dia lebih memilih Ingo daripada udara, bagaimana keadaan Mathew setelah memilih Ingo dan Tsunami atau banjir yang melanda St. Pirans. Tapi di buku kedua ini, Helen, benar-benar menggambarkan karakter sosok Shapire yang kuat dan selalu ingin tau, dan Conor yang bisa tenang dalam menghadapi masalah apapun. Menurut ku itu adalah kelebihan dari buku ke dua dari seri Tetralogi Ingo. Karakter yang cukup luar biasa
Emmeline
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you thought the first book was good, this book will be amazing. The beginning is not that interesting but if you just wait a little longer, you will not be able to put it down. I'm ordering the third book! I hope you like it.
-Emmy
Karen Grikitis
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple, captivating tale, beautifully written in wonderfully plain English. I read this in isolation of the others in the series, which is aimed at children and became totally engrossed in the world of Sapphire, the main character, caught between two worlds. Marvellous!
Kendall 2/3
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-series
The first book was better for me, I liked how Ingo was so mysterious in the first book, so I don't like that they're starting to understand it now. But I am definitely glad that it is a series and not just a standalone.
Kim
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I got sucked into it and at times (hours later) I couldn't put it down.
Can't wait to jump into the next book.
Lauren
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a great example of balance. Tragic and yet happy.
Arabella
same as 1st
Treena Beavers
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: charity-bargain
After reding Ingo i dove straight into book 2 wow, This series just gets better...very addictive storyline.
The pull from The Mer gets stronger Conner and His sister find it more difficult to ignore the voices.

Sorry can't stop to tell you too much about it.... I'm off to find book 3
Crystal
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magical. It's really the best word to describe these series. Not in a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy novel kind of way, but in the magic of childhood. The same sort of magic that transported the kids through an old wardrobe into Narnia. This book doesn't have much in the way of magic, persay. But the world Dunmore creates IS magical. Consistent. Beautiful. Enticing. Menacing. So many feelings all at once. It is easy to love Faro...and yet just as easy to doubt him, to be suspicious of him. I like ...more
Colleen
I've given this a three but honestly, I can't remember what rating I would have given. I'm sure I already wrote a review for this book and a few others that have come up unrated.
I enjoyed the rest of this series though, though the lead character was often annoying, so hopefully my score for this one is adequet and fair.

EDIT:

Ok, I have reviewed it but for some reason it isn't showing up so I'll paste what I wrote here:

Wow, well I'm in a bit of a predicament now. I didn't like Ingo very much, did
Dilla Nanditya
Jika kematian Cal serta Ali terasa seolah merenggut jantungku keluar, diinjak-injak, kemudian dikembalikan dalam keadaan hancur lebam, maka The Tide Knot membuatku serasa ditusuk oleh bilah pedang tajam dan dingin tepat di jantungku yang setelah beberapa saat rasa sakitnya berubah tumpul hingga tak terasa. Tapi tetap saja kau tahu luka itu ada, kau tahu lubang itu ada di sana.

Tidak ada yang nyawanya terenggut dalam buku kedua Ingo ini, kecuali mungkin kucing malang yang terseret banjir itu. Tapi
  • May (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • The Tide Turner
  • Forbidden Sea (Forbidden Sea, #1)
  • Seven Tears Into the Sea
  • Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
  • Selina Penaluna
  • Fins
  • Mermaid Park
  • Siren's Storm (Siren's Storm, #1)
  • Merrow
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)
  • My Sister Sif
  • Siren's Surrender (Dark Tides, #2)
  • Teenage Mermaid
  • In Great Waters
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • The Secret of the Emerald Sea
  • Ascension (Water, #1)
I was born in December 1952, in Yorkshire, the second of four children. My father was the eldest of twelve, and this extended family has no doubt had a strong influence on my life, as have my own children. In a large family you hear a great many stories. You also come to understand very early that stories hold quite different meanings for different listeners, and can be recast from many viewpoints ...more
More about Helen Dunmore

Ingo (5 books)
  • Ingo (Ingo, #1)
  • The Deep (Ingo, #3)
  • The Crossing of Ingo (Ingo, #4)
  • Stormswept (Ingo, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Magician's End (The Chaoswar Saga, #3)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
  • After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Magic Casement (A Man of His Word)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Clay's Ark (The Patternist Series)
  • The Iron Dragon's Daughter
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Mind of My Mind (The Patternist Series)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater