Start by marking “The Cult of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Cult of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)

The Cult of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #5)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  3,266 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
A BURIED EGYPTIAN TEMPLE.
A SECRET KEPT FOR 6,000 YEARS.
A RACE FOR LIFE WORTH KILLING FOR.

Published November 12th 2009 by Headline (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Cult of Osiris, please sign up.
Serena Yes the Cult of Osiris is the UK title but is the same book as US title Pyramid of Doom.

Hailee
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: James Bond, Indiana Jones or Lara Croft fans
I’m a big fan of this series. Action/adventure thrillers isn’t my usual genre but I do have a couple on my tbr and I tend to stick with the series if they have characters that I love rather than the story plot itself. And this is definitely the case for the Wilde/Chase series.

I love the relationship between the Nina and Eddie. They bicker constantly like an old married couple despite the fact that this is the first book where they actually are married. No matter how much they bicker though it’s
Tracey
Oct 22, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, fiction, adventure
I have not read any of Andy McDermott's work before, so I was unaware that this was a series of books. So I have came in when the characters are already down along the path of being developed.
There are lots of explosions, lots of broken bones, lots of bad guys, the obligatory useless Hollywood action here (think Charlie's Angels, lots of references to Indy, Lara and and you have a book screaming out make me into a movie.
To be honest, this book was not my cup of tea. I was disappointed with char
Jordan Anderson
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After 5 books in this series (and another 4 or 5 I haven't gotten to yet), one would think that McDermott couldn't possibly keep the continuing story of Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase interesting or entertaining. After all, each novel is basically a rehash, retelling, retooled version of the previous entry, complete with basically the same scenarios, same one-liners, same escapes from near death, and, of course, the same over-the-top action and requisite destruction of various planes, trains, and au ...more
Barbara ★
Though I own the first five books in this series, this is the first one I've actually read simply because I needed it to complete a challenge. Unfortunately for Mr. McDermott, it comes directly on the tail of me reading two excellent thrillers last month - The Alexandria Link and The Six Sacred Stones which were far superior to this book. I love anything to do with archaeology especially Egyptian. However this book doesn't actually have any excavating. Oh sure, there is a dig at the beginning bu ...more
Mark De Keyser
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ik registreerde een boek op BookCrossing.com!
Mark
Another rip-roaring action-packed thriller in this ongoing series.

For those following the trail, both Nina and Eddie are down on their luck in New York at the start of the book (but now married), having lost their jobs at the IHA after the plot of the last book. Eddie is working as a bodyguard/chauffeur to a movie-star which proves quite useful at some points in the plot, whilst Nina is wallowing in her self-pity until she's drawn into the plot of this book (luckily that doesn't take too long).

A
Meredith
First, why there was a decision to change the name for the American addition is a mystery to me. Took a while to figure out that the Pyramid of Doom was the same as Osiris.

Overall, this adventure was much better than the previous. It helped characterization-wise to remove the endless funds and backing that Nina and Eddie have had. Plus there was the addition of interesting secondary characters and their natures interacting with Nina and Eddie added some freshness.

Yes, still completely unrealis
Lyn Richards
I normally love McDermott's action thrillers with the continuing story of Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase. However I found this story easy to put down and hard to pick up; it wasn't all bad though and I did get a few laughs throughout the book with the dry humour from the Eddie Chase character. The rest of the storyline was predictable and at times simply ridiculous. Nonetheless I read through to the end and it gave me some entertainment. I am hoping the next Wild & Chase adventure is a bit bette ...more
Warren Thoms
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A pretty good book. If you have read any of the others in the series than you know what you are getting. A half decent story and lots of action. This time Nina and Eddie are just scrapping by as Nina has been kicked out of the archeology company that she had been in. A girl working on a dig in Egypt sees that a side dig is going on and looks into it. What she finds sends the "bad" group after her to stop her from telling anybody. She gets a hold of Nina and the race for relics is on.
John Mac
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Painful dialogue and some truly far fetched scenarios are partly redeemed by a nail biting finish. This story gets off to a good start and ends well, but it really sags in the middle. I've read six in this series now, having read one out of order, not realising it was a series. It's not literature, but it passes the time without requiring any brain work. This is probably the weakest in the series thus far.
Peter Ahern
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book in a great series.
If you take life too seriously and regularly find yourself picking holes out of the plot of a Bond film, or Die Hard, then this isn’t for you. But it’s good, ridiculous, light hearted fun, based loosely on historical fact.
You really need to read the other books in the series to make sure you’re acclimatised to the nature of the storylines, otherwise you may find it too far fetched.
Nemanja
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book from Nina Wilde adventure series. Interesting, fast paced, dynamic, maybe a bit over the top with all the chases and gun-loving-explosion-filled-action scenes, but it was fun to read though...I loved the Indiana Johns typed adventure...
Panos Panagiotidis
As always this was with action, humour and twists. Really liked this one. Now to number 6.
Jeff Dickison

A lot of slam bang action from beginning to end, but in the end, it is pretty juvenile, more interested in body counts than in logic. Recommended only to fans of sophomoric non-stop action.
Claire
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed thriller which is a great page turner
Sandra
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read! I really enjoy the Wilde and Chase characters. This one was a bit hard to get into, but I finally got into it towards the middle.
Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 rated it liked it
I've loved the first few books in the series, so much so that I actually went to the trouble of tracking down the UK versions so I didn't have to wait for the US releases to catch up. Up until this book, I'd been pretty happy to continue on with that pattern. I have to say, I was rather disappointed by this entry into the series & I think that from here out, I'll just wait for the US releases since we should be completely caught up by the end of this year.

Following up on the events of the pr
Theresa
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, their back. Eddie and Nina’s relationship is back on track. And I love it. There’s a little sniping, but that’s normal in a relationship. Not having so many of Eddie’s female ‘friends’ around helps also.

This adventure is as exciting as the first ones were. Now that we’ve gotten rid of the ex-wife and the horrible boss. But the theme of a millionaire declaring himself a god and trying to take over the world is getting old! There’s got to be other situations that give our team problems.

I
Jeninne
Fun fact: In college, before I settled on my major’s concentration, ancient Greek culture, I was leaning towards Egyptology, and specifically the religious emphasis in ancient Egyptian society. But really, that’s just a smarty pants way o saying I was over the moon for the religious stories and myths. So anything Egyptian in general, even though I did go the way of Greek culture, is an A+ for me. However, this book wasn’t.

I always, and I mean always, read these books for the plot. That’s the poi
Mark Easter

A BURIED EGYPTIAN TEMPLE.
A SECRET KEPT FOR 6,000 YEARS.
A RACE FOR LIFE WORTH KILLING FOR.

An international TV audience waits breathlessly as archaeologists prepare to break into a long-hidden vault beneath the Great Sphinx. But student Macy Sharif has already made her own shocking discovery: a religious cult raiding the site. Their prize? A map that will lead to something far more astounding: the lost pyramid of Osiris. Framed by corrupt officials, Macy goes on the run, trying to reach the only

Stephen Theaker
Apr 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Nina Wilde, all-action archaeologist, has put away her pony-tail following the pyrrhic conclusion of a previous adventure and languishes in professional disgrace. Her ex-SAS husband Eddie Chase, a balding Yorkshireman with a weak line in post-kill puns, makes ends meet as a bodyguard to the stars. Things are slow, but soon they'll run into Macy Sharif, "a broomstick with two watermelons taped to it". She knows the secret of the Sphinx and the evil international cult of Osiris is after her.

What t
Aislynn
Well Nina and Eddie definitely got themselves into trouble this time! These two always get into the most interesting of situations - gun fights, car chases... you name it they've probably done it!

I love this series. I picked up the first book "The Hunt for Atlantis" on a recommendation from my Mom who totally loved it. I was hooked! I've since bought all the books that are available.. waiting patiently for the next one to arrive later this spring.

In this book we get to see a different side of Ni
Tony
Nov 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
There's a danger of repetition and formula creeping into Andy McDermott's fifth Wilde/Chase novel, though that might seem a silly comment - surely every one of his books has added up to the same concoction? Well yes I suppose they have, but The Cult of Osiris - while as bags of fun as you've come to expect from the author - is just a little close to his first, still unmatched book The Hunt for Atlantis, and threatens to derail what is a perfectly fun, escapist plot.

The shared DNA is clear. A cra
Tara (box5angel)
Oct 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of action/adventure, lost treasure, a tiny bit of romance, myster
Recommended to Tara (box5angel) by: nobody
Ridzi
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was like watching an Indiana Jones Movie !!

And that's because of all the detailed action sequences in the book.

I picked this one solely because I am through a phase where cults, secret societies, religious orders have become my obsession. After Dan Brown, I experimented with James Rollins who kept me happy but Andy fails to do the same.

The book is not at all boring, because it keeps you hooked right till the end. This must have been the fastest that i ever read. But I guess my appetite for th
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Back with my guilty pleasure books. This time it's book #5 but i did stop buying this one, so i'm accepting congrats.

Andy's McDermott style doesn't really change. He keeps his Hollywood production book to create an adventure, once again with explosions, treachery, evil guys and well..everything that was in the previous books too. As i've said before, it's the usual Nina finds something, bad guys they hunt, they try to save the world, bad guys catch Nina, Nina helps them, Eddie saves her, there i
Mike
I do love me some good action novels and I feel that with this the author returns to a fun series with another enjoyable thrill ride.

As always the villains are a bit transparent but it doesn't really matter as the point of these books isn't to give a deep and meaningful story but rather to make things explode, preferably helicopters. I do have to say that I am proud to say that I figured out at least one of the twists that happened. It's not that it was obvious, it's that it happened in an epis
Star
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Following up on the events of the previous book, this book finds Eddie and Nina falling on hard times and the entire world now views Nina as a joke. When college student Macy contacts Nina claiming to have pictures of a tablet that could lead to one of the biggest discoveries yet: the tomb of the Egyptian god Osiris. Unfortunately there's also a powerful cult full of influential people standing in the way, people who are more than willing to eliminate anyone who gets in their way.

I've enjoyed th
Forgotten Realms Queen
One of my favorites so far as it deals with Egyptian lore.

Nina and Chase go looking for the tomb of the Egyptian god-king Osiris, which if found to be real, would turn the mythology of Egypt on it's head.

I like that it has a happy ending. Nina gets pretty much everything that she wants in the end.

I really liked how it wasn't Nina who started the whole thing this time. It was actually another young woman, an archeology student who greatly admired Nina ironically enough. She noticed something was
Willa
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase are back - and their adventures are more dangerous than ever!

Beneath the Great Sphinx of Egypt lies the Hall of Records, a repository of ancient knowledge long thought to be legend. But on the eve of its opening, archaeology student Macy Sharif discovers a religious cult raiding its treasures, determined to find the location of the mythical Pyramid of Osiris - a discovery that could cost her life.

Nina and Eddie have problems of their own - until Macy's plea for help th
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • The Gods of Atlantis (Jack Howard, #6)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Secret Crown (Payne & Jones, #6)
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • Sphinx
  • Primeval (Event Group Thriller #5)
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.
More about Andy McDermott

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • The Secret of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • Temple of the Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
  • The Revelation Code (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Last Passenger
  • The Thief
  • From the Cradle
  • Intrusion
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Two to Die For (Lucy Kincaid, #12.5; Max Revere, #3.5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To the Grave (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • If Tomorrow Comes
    $12.74 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Into the Darkest Corner
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Dragon's Triangle (The Shipwreck Adventures #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The End of Temperance Dare
  • Skewed
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unintended Consequences (Innocent Prisoners Project #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Girl Number One
  • No Time To Blink
  • What You Wish For
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Detachment (John Rain, #7)
  • Don't Get Caught
  • Disappearance at Devil's Rock
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (Nadia Tesla, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Kindred (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery, #5)
  • Local Girl Missing
  • Finding Jake
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Violent Crimes (Amanda Jaffe, #5)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Temporary Agent (The Agent #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Punishment (Detective Barnes, #1)
  • Terminal Rage
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Lonely Resurrection (John Rain #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Killer Ascendant (John Rain #6)
  • A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Sunday Silence (Frieda Klein, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Last Queen of England (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Graveyard of Memories (John Rain, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • Before You Leap
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
  • An Invisible Client
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Eight
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Sin and Swoon (Blood and Bone, #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stay Dead (Elise Sandburg #2)
  • The Company of Demons
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Fifth Letter
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sacred and Profane (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Altar Girl (Nadia Tesla #0.5)
  • Darkness
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Redemption Games (John Rain #4)
  • Tips for Living
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Boy from Reactor 4 (Nadia Tesla, #1)
  • Carthage
    $8.49 $2.99
  • The Lost Empress (Genealogical Crime Mystery, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Hounded (An Andy Carpenter Novel)
  • Girls on Fire
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Back Road
  • The Other Widow
    $9.24 $1.99
  • Suckers (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • No Time for Goodbye
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Edinburgh Twilight (Ian Hamilton Mysteries #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Extremis (John Rain, #5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Chopping Spree (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Not by Sight (Ozark Mountain Trilogy #1)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Winner Take All (John Rain #3)
  • Twist of Faith
  • The Most Dangerous Animal of All
    $8.24 $1.99
  • The Night Villa
    $13.99 $1.99
  • A Clean Kill in Tokyo (John Rain #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Circle of Bones (The Shipwreck Adventures, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Murder of Mary Russell (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #14)
    $11.99 $1.99