Start by marking “Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)” as Want to Read:
Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)

Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid #5)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  20,507 Ratings  ·  933 Reviews
Georgina Kincaid has formidable powers. Immortality, seduction, shape-shifting into any human form she desires, walking in heels that would cripple mere mortals -- all child's play to a succubus like her.

Helping to plan her ex-boyfriend's wedding is a different story. Georgina isn't sure which is worse -- that Seth is marrying another woman, or that Georgina has to run all
Published March 30th 2010 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Succubus Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Succubus Shadows

Popi G.
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"And when I was there and Erik sent me wherever he did, I felt…well, it was beyond anything I’d experienced. At first, I was so confused and disoriented. I didn’t get what they were saying about finding you. It seemed surreal. Then, it was the easiest thing in the world. I just looked for you, and there you were. In all that space and all that chaos, reaching you was like looking into myself. We were so close…it defied physics and every rule of nature I knew. It didn’t seem real that I could be ...more
Lindsey Rey
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance, 2015
OMG WHAT IS GOING ON GUYS???????? WHAT IS UP WITH THIS?????? GEORGINA X SETH FOR LIFE
The Flooze
Georgina Kincaid might be the most emotionally draining character I’ve ever encountered. In Succubus Shadows she’s perpetually depressed--consumed with mourning her lost relationship. Not a page goes by without her lamenting the could’ve beens.

It’s all too much. All right already, Georgina. You’re sad. You’re aching. You’re oh so torn over your special wuv and forevah connection.

You’re also dim-witted and a glutton for punishment so I have to admit, I’m having a very hard time feeling sorry fo
Leah
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Narnies
Nov 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Dear Miss Mead,

If I'd purchased the paper back instead of the ebook I would have burnt it. I've never encountered such a dimwitted main character before. I fear I have now developed Tourrettes.

God. Damn.
Tatiana
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Georgina Kincaid
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2010, 2011
"Succubus Shadows" is, I think, my least favorite Georgina Kincaid book to date. It's not really bad, but compared to previous installments it is rather dull, it is not a supernatural mystery, as previous installments were, but supernatural chick lit/melodrama.

Georgina is depressed and down most of the time. She is compelled to help Maddie to plan her wedding with Seth, the man she loves. On top of it, a new visiting succubus in town is trying to seduce Seth and taint his soul even more. Even he
LMM
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book just about killed me. It's brilliant. I felt like this book was almost one big crescendo. I cannot even believe we have to wait another year. GAH!

I am going to talk a bit about it below and I won't give spoilers. However- you may not want to read b'c I may hype it too much for you & then set your expectations too high. Although I think that's near impossible b'c if you're in love with this series, then it should just be another gold star but still....fair warned is forearmed.

Mead p
Amelia
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
::Big gusty sigh::

SPOILERS AHEAD

Seriously?

This book was boring. Not only did Georgina whine and pine throughout the entire thing, she didn't really have anything else to focus on other than Seth. Even when she was in the "dream realm" with the wonder twins she kept dreaming of Seth or her past which ties into Seth. So basically the book was really about her feelings for Seth. Even the business with the contract is about Seth! Seth, Seth, Seth, Seth, Seth.

Also, I love how Roman has somehow become
Shannon (formerly The Holy Terror)
Hmm ... was it as good as I was hoping? Not quite. I almost want to give this one 3 stars but I can't bring myself to do so because there were enough really good parts for me to feel justified with the 4. I think a lot of people are going to be angry and happy with this one, and then there's people like me in the middle. I don't dislike Seth or Roman so I'll probably be happy with whomever she chooses, but I really just wish she'd choose already.

With this installment in Georgina's woeful tale w
Heather
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Having been brutally let down by Mead’s Vampire Academy series, I was afraid to read this installment of Succubus. I still loved Georgia, though there was no love lost for Seth. He could have died in this installment for all I cared, though I knew he would not. But as Mead has so willingly proven, she isn’t afraid to destroy her characters in order to add length to her series, and just as I feared, she butchered Georgia.

This story was BORNING! Granted I gave it three stars, because even a boring
Kim
Warning: This review will sound corny because I can't write reviews for books I like, so it's even worse when it's about a book I loved.

I want to thank all my Corner friends around here who keep nudging me into the direction of the right books.

These books are... really something. I'm sorry, it sounds stupid, because how can a series about a Succubus living in Seattle be the best thing you've read in the past 10 years? It sounds crazy, I know, but it's still true. I've spent the past 2 weeks obse
Ash Wednesday
02.04.14THE EMOTIONAL TORTURE CONTINUES WITH BAILEY, TANDIE AND ROBIN!

Seth's favorite cake flavor.

Jerome's real name.

The joys of Pictionary.

This is not baseball.

Crying is encouraged.
“Miracles are real, Georgina. You’ve just got to lift yourself out of the muck to make them. You’ve got to take the chance.”
Yes, I was definitely getting a cigarette after this. Carter probably had one on him. I gave him as much of a smile as I could muster. “Easy for you to say. Can you make miracles?”
“I try,” he
Penny
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Georgina Kincaid series
Reading it again in preparation for the sixth book. Observations this time around? Georgina is a major hypocrite and not nearly as likeable as I remember her to be. Also, Richelle Mead needs to figure out how to write a less-selfish character.

Rose Hathaway = Georgina Kinkaide

Also, I sort of hope Seth dies. (Actually, I don't sort of hope it. I totally hope he dies. I hate Richelle Mead for writing a such a despicable set of lovers)

---

Richelle Mead is a very talented writer. Her books have soli
Pickles
Laura Lulu
Aug 20, 2009 rated it liked it
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Honestly, this book was going to get 4 stars from me up until the very end--although I put off reading it for awhile, completely sick of Georgina's woe-is-me schtick and her annoying infatuation with schlubby Seth. But, and maybe it was because I wasn't expecting anything from it, it was a fast, entertaining read, and I was fully prepared to give it 4 stars. Until the end. Ugh.

Circles...circles...circles...no shit. You're just figuring this crap out, 1700 years later? So...l
Gloria Mundi
After five books, I find that I no longer like or have any sympathy for either the heroine or the hero and cannot face the thought of another book full of sickly sweet soliloquys about how lovely and wonderful Seth is and how cute he looks in his quirky t-shirts with his messy hair, which one might expect from a love-sick pimply teenager but not from a millenia old denizen of hell, for crying out loud. In fact, I could barely drag myself through this last instalment, skipping whole chunks and pa ...more
Christy LoveOfBooks

I am seriously loving the audio for this series. Elisabeth Rodgers is rocking the hell out of the narration. She really does deserve a huge amount of credit for pulling me into the story so deeply. I just miss having the ability to highlight, because believe me, there would be a lot of it.

The plot thickens! Some crazy stuff goes down as we head into the homestretch of the series. This book doesn’t have as many different storylines going on at once, but there’s still so much that happens. Everyt
Stacia (the 2010 club)

So it appears that people are giving this book either a "just good" or "very excellent" rating based on where they fall in regards to the Georgie and Seth situation (or lack thereof...not going to spoiler one way or the other). I didn't realize people were so passionate about the whole dilemma, hah!

I wavered again between the 4 and 5 stars, but had to bump it up this time because I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book. If you've read it, then you will know where I stand on the Georgie/Seth issue.

It
Nic
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Richelle Mead is one of my favourite authors and this book did not disappoint. This book had it all. It was witty, humorous, had a great love story, action and twists and turns.

The writing in this book is fast paced so I easily read this within 24 hours. The character are well written and I love Georgina even more in this book. I found I liked Seth more as well than I have in the last couple which is good because I think he is going to play a major part in Georgina getting her happily ever after
Anna
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, romantic
I bloody love Richelle Mead.... I love her because her books are as descriptive as hell and all her heroines are girl I would like to be in their place (hmmmm probably NOT) or being their best friend (hmmm apparently not again) - anyway, I love them all. I also think that my favourite one is Georgina (I think I love her more than Rose)... Things were hard for her in the last books, but... there is some sunlight in the horizon or do I think so? Is Seth the one we are tend to believe he is? Oh My ...more
Yvenande
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 Stars

Previously on One Life to Live uh..."One Soul to Steal" A.K.A The Georgina Kincaid Series.

Georgina lost her succubus powers and had an affair with Seth, betraying his girlfriend Maddie (who is still the most oblivious idiot I have ever seen, but I digress).

They break up again because what they did was wrong (duh!).

Seth overcompensates for his guilt and proposes to Maddie (craaaap, overkill much, dude).

However, because of his guilt, he now has a blight on his soul meaning that when
Shera (Book Whispers)
Thoughts:

Is it me, or does Georgina get whiter and whiter with these covers. No, I'm not talking pale. White. As in clown white. Scratch that, this is mime white, I feel like she's going to put her hands up to imaginary glass and do that creepy thing mimes do.

The covers may be degenerating over time, but Succubus Shadows picked up nicely from the last one. After the affair, I wasn't sure how Mead would make me get sucked back in. She did though, and this is the big turning point in the series. T
valee
Oct 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was freaking awesome. I loved it. Couldn't put it down, not for a single second.

I must say again that the world Richelle Mead has created is different from everything out there, so original.

I know it's weird but I think that what makes this series so amazing is Georgina. I just love to see a sex demon so concern about doing good to others and having so much happening to her. I love that the most moral person in the series is the one who shouldn't be. I think Georgina is one of the mos
Mel
Sep 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started out reading this series I really loved Georgina. I'm not quite sure how I feel about her now…
Because eventhough Georgina seems very altruistic and angelic for a hellish creature, she is actually quite self centered. It's all about her. Always. Plus, she’s got the Rachel Morgan "woe is me, but in the mean time I’m the hottest thing on earth"- vibe going on.
Mead has a way of making her characters seem ir-re-sis-ti-ble to everyone. Same with Eugenie from Thorn Queen. Everybody love
Kat Kennedy
I really enjoy this series. Really. My only complaint would be that the mysteries are just to easy.

Now I'm not saying it's not cleverly thought out or poorly planned. Usually they're actually quite clever plot twists actually.

It's the way the clues are presented that is the let down. Everytime one appears, Richelle mead erects a twenty-foot flashing neon sign stating: CLUE!

It makes it easy to piece things together when you know what's important.

This book is the same as the others. Well writte
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I have been thoroughly enjoying this series and am really thankful that all of the books are already released and I've had a nice little gap in my reading schedule where I have been able to fit these in and just read and read and read.

I love Georgina our main character. She is feisty and confident and oh yes she's a succubus. While she is an employee of Hell basically she has a way of really just bringing up the people around her and even though she needs to steal life energy during sex in ord
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-Read / Buddy Read with Ash Wednesday, Bailey and Tandie

Warning: Spoilers Ahead sorry I just can’t help myself on this one.

“Because Carter moves in mysterious ways,” said Hugh. “Hard-drinking, hard-smoking mysterious ways.”

That’s my Pictionary playing, Christmas Tree burning down, granola bar stealing angel. Carter is the best. I like some of the other characters in the series but Carter is the go to guy for all thing omnipotent. Sure he can’t interfere but that doesn’t mean he isn’t there w
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Natasha
Jul 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Wow! I've been dying for this book since Succubus Heat. I also want to know whats next with Georgina. Richelle Mead really knows how to write a book. She's one of my favorite authors, and is one of the best emotion portraying writers I've read. She does such a great job creating both a tight plot and wonderful characterization. I read this book in 3 hours last night, and although I LOVED it, I hate that it's over for another year. I just couldn't put it down.

Georgina's struggles are not only be
☕ Kimberly
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Happens in Seattle

Succubus Shadows was intense with reveals, dark mysterious anger that made me. * shiver* There are far worst things then Demons who contract your soul.
Daily Crap in the life of Georgina- She is struggling dealing with Seth and balancing her friendship with Maddie. I cringed when Georgina had to go looking for bridesmaid dresses and Maddie’s wedding dress. Mead managed to pull at my heartstrings and make me laugh with the snark. A visiting succubus has her eyes on Seth and w
So is Seth supposed to be Kyriakos reincarnated? 25 130 Sep 12, 2012 02:19AM
While I wait for "Revealed", what other books would I like? 9 53 Aug 14, 2011 06:40AM
What do you think is going to happen? 6 52 Jul 26, 2011 12:25AM
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Alpha (Shifters, #6)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3)
  • The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2)
  • Windfall (Weather Warden, #4)
  • A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)

“God might work on mysterious ways, but hell worked on efficient ones.” 137 likes
“Exactly," said Maddie. "What’s your favorite flavor?"
"I bet I can guess," said Simone. "Chocolate."
"Strawberry," said Maddie.