Start by marking “Cabin Fever” as Want to Read:
Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever

Love isn’t something she thinks she needs…until it lands right on her doorstep.

Genevieve Boden is a witch and doesn’t care who knows. The townspeople’s fear of her keeps away those who have hurt her before—like the local men of authority. Besides, a life of exile deep in the woods of West Virginia is due punishment, she figures, for the part she played in her mother’s deat
Published September 15th 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cabin Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cabin Fever

Hackmops
Cabin Fever is a delightful and far too short novel. The setup hits all my catnip buttons - romance through proximity, caring for an injury, danger from the outside, secrets on the inside, a super sexy yet incredibly sweet (!) romantic hero and an immediate, believable connection between the lead characters. This is a little bit like a Cinderella story with some magic and steaming hot sexy times thrown in - I think the pacing and development of Genevieve and Alex's relationship actually worked w ...more
Lisa
For some reason I kept waiting for the guy to turn into a werewolf and felt a bit disappointed that he didn't, haha.

While the shooting mystery is just meh for me, I love both Alex and Genevieve and how their relationship progressed, especially Alex because he's so damn cute I adore him so much.
Elaine
What a pleasure to find a book in this genre with well developed characters, unique story lines, unexpected plot twists, and more.

It is my first Alisha Rai read, but it will definitely not be my last. This was a well written book, and is worthy of recognition. HIGHLY recommended!

Aoi
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
Oh yummmm!

Trust Alisha Rai to make this rather fanfic-y trope very believable and extremely hot

Taryn Pierson
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poc-author
Quick read, fun diversion. You really can't go wrong with Alisha Rai.
Mara
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, novella
Hot should not be the only characteristic in love story. Too much "insta": insta lust, faith, love. It stretches the imagination way more than her powers...
Scha
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

This is my first time reading something from Alisha Rai and I'm happy to say that it's so good!! I'm definitely excited to read more of her works.

Alex and Genevieve are SO cute and even tho theirs is kinda instalove I don't actually mind because it was very well written. I mean, I'm actually super okay with instalove as long as it's believable and written well.

I really wanted to give a full 4 stars but Alex's machismo annoyed me a little sometimes, but I still love that man
Lisa Jo
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. I don't read contemporary very often, but when I find a trope I really enjoy I'll give it a shot. Cabin romance are one of my favorites so this was definitely something I was interested in. I loved the forced closed proximity that leads to a happily ever after. It was a pretty short, simple story. Hero becomes injured in the middle of no where and happens upon the heroine's cabin. Heroine is very apprehensive since her safety and security out in the mountains is fragil ...more
Ramona
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, romance
3.5 stars -> This was a pretty cute story with a lot of steamy moments, I just wished the characters and the plot was a bit more fleshed out. However, it was a very quick read and the MCs had mad chemistry :)
Kristen
Eeeeeeeeeeh, it was fine.
Claire
Ripped Bodice Bingo (http://www.therippedbodicela.com/ripp...) - for the "a touch of magic" square.

I liked this a lot -- Alisha Rai is such a smooth and talented writer -- but have to say that the one moment that took me out of the story and put my hackles up was when dude finds out lady's big secret and says (paraphrase) "phew, I thought you were going to say you used to be a man or something." It was just such a jarring moment both as a throwaway line and tone that didn't fit the rest of the
Laurie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

This book is smart, it is sexy, it is romantic, it is suspenseful and just so damn good. I could not turn the pages fast enough. Alisha wove an amazing story that was perfect in every way. Love the characters , their banter and chemistry. LOVED IT!!!
C is for **censored**
May 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
The star rating given reflects my opinion within ‘the official goodreads rating system’.

1 star: Didn’t Like it
2 stars: It’s Okay
3 stars: Liked it
4 stars: Really Liked it
5 stars: It Was Amazing

I don’t really give a rat-fuck that there are some who think I ‘owe’ an explanation for my opinion. Nope, nada, and not sorry about it.

Sometimes I may add notes to explain what my opinions are based on, and sometimes I don’t. I do this for me, on my books, in my library and I don’t ‘owe’ any special snowfla
Pauline Allan
Dec 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Pauline by: Samhain Publishing
I loved this ebook. The heroine is full-figured and full of spunk. The hero is sexy and the dialogue intimate. The action scenes are appropriate and don't overtake the romantic elements. The humor was a welcome surprise and made the characters believable. I highly recommend this read to anyone wanting to curl up on a cold afternoon with a "hot" story.
☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾
I really liked this one. I loved the characters. They had more depth than a lot of the cookie-cutter romance I've been reading (and enjoying) lately. The plot was good, the sex was steamy, there wasn't as much angst or insecurity as I generally like with my heroines in my favored tropes (chubby, abused, plain) but I liked it on its own. (3.5 stars)
Abbie Karlish
Listen, I did like the story itself, but honestly, I can't give it anything but a one star because there's a transphobic comment in it. It's a "joke." It's casual. It passes right by, but it is anything but ok that that happened. And, as a result, I can't recommend it to anyone.

This book also has casual sexism. It's very, very mild, but it got on my nerves a lot. Because obviously.

Finally, it needed a content warning. Lots of books do though. This is not an attack on Alisha Rai. She is *far* fr
Kelly
I'm a big BIG fan of the "stranded in a cabin in the woods during a snowstorm and, darn it, we might just have to cuddle up together to share body heat" scenario. I know that might sound like a REALLY SPECIFIC scenario to drool over, but I also have a thing for amnesiac vampires and that's even MORE specific, so just roll with this one, okay?

Cabin in the woods (not in a creepy way). Snow. Injured man. A witch. I WAS INTRIGUED. Genevieve is doing the penance thing as she struggles to come to grip
Phoebe (phoebzreadz)
This is a fun, short read. I really liked the magical element thrown in here and there. But the male lead can sometimes be quite insecure about his masculinity, and there is a line in there that is blatantly trans misogynistic, which is annoying. If you want something just as cute, I'd suggest you pick up Alisha Rai's Hate to Want You instead, or Play With Me. I haven't read the latter but apparently the ebook is free until August 14th.
Sin
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
While I loved the concept of this novel, and am a big lover of Alisha Rai's writing, several elements really brought down this book for me.

I enjoyed that heroine was plus size and well as fully independent. And I enjoyed the tension Rai created with the close proximity of the two leads.

But, I couldn't get over the hero's casual misogyny even if ultimately he was a good guy. Also, I would have loved the magical elements to have a little more structure or lore in order to make it feel a little m
Never Stop Reading or Dreaming
Cabin fever

I was a little hesitant on this one. Only because this is not the type of story I normally like. But let me say this: I LOVED IT!! This story took me on a wonderful journey and along the was we got some kick butt action. I was so surprised at the bad guys in this story. I guess when I read the blurb I didn't know there would be more than what was stated. I loved it. Truly loved it.
Kathy
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad for a first try

I am not a big fantasy enthusiast, which may be why the heroine's "powers" felt a bit contrived. I was also less convinced that Alex could vanish for days without people figuring out things were off, but they made a cute couple and I liked their chemistry. Alisha Rai writes well, and this book, like her others, is full of humour and wit as well as sexy times. Makes it easier to ignore the plot kinks.
Donna
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

This is my first time reading this author. I am so glad I found her. I will be meeting her at a signing next month and wanted to get familiar with her before hand. Alex injury wasn't believable and neither was the outsider. If the snow was that bad, someone would not be lurking outside for days. I did enjoy their journey though. I will read this author again.
Avellaneda
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author! Wow!!!!! God help me, a fantastic read!! Loved, loved this one so damn much! Given the strangely large number of excruciatingly boring books that has populated my kindle recently, I feel as if I have earned my reward with Cabin Fever. Thank you Alisha Rai for making reading fun again.
Kris
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is certainly some early Alisha Rai. I'm not too sure about her handling of the "magic" aspect of the story, but the rest was a solid work of her early talents.

Not bad for someone who needed a bit of a Rai fix.
Karen
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story! I liked how magic was central to the story but still seemed like a contemporary setting. Also nice to see a heroine who's described as somewhat plus sized, or at least has rolls on her body.
Kate Welsh
I'm not the biggest fan of paranormal romance, but this was well-written and I will definitely read more of Rai's books!
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Very entertaining and nicely paced slightly supernatural story. The dialogue hooked me in as well as the two main characters. Would recommend.
Michelle Marie CG
I read @AlishaRai"Cabin Fever" twice in a row in 1 week! An amazing, beautiful, heartbreaking & heartwarming book. The new Sheriff in town Alex Rivera shows up on Genevieve's front door, complete with a gun shot wound, dripping blood, hypodermic..and in need of an angel of mercy. What he get's is one with magical powers of healing & a terribly painful secret.

Ms. Rai kept me guessing of Genevieve's secret until it's startling reveal. All you can hope for is justice and a happily ever aft
Jean
Sweet little vaguely-predestined romance. Fortunately there was enough character development that the predestined stuff didn’t become cringey and the budding relationship still unfolded believably.
Janice
minor issues like I really couldn't figure out why she was worried about her garden in the midst of a seasonal snowstorm. Those are the type of things that take you out of the story.

• The Countess Takes a Lover
  • Heat Rises
  • Personal Protection (Hauberk Protection, #2)
  • Deliciously Wicked (Dimi of the Seven Moons #1)
  • Cowboy Outcasts
  • Lessons in Seduction (Once Upon An Accident, #2)
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Wildcat (Wild, #2)
  • Out of the Darkness
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Seeing Stars
  • Challenging Carter (The Strip, #3)
  • Mating Fever
  • The Breeder (Wasteland, #3)
  • Feisty Firefighters Bundle: Aftershock / The Firefighter's Baby / Facing the Fire
  • The Wicked West
  • Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)
  • In the Marshal's Arms