Start by marking “Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1)

Love Means... No Shame

(Farm #1)

Geoff is in the city, living the gay life to the hilt, when his father's death convinces him to return to the family farm. Discovering a young Amish man asleep in his barn, Geoff learns that Eli is spending a year away from the community before accepting baptism into the church. Despite their mutual attraction, Geoff is determined not to become involved with him, but Eli ...more
Published September 14th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Love Means... No Shame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Means... No Shame

Start your review of Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1)
Erth
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a guy who grew up in rural Michigan but lived in Manhattan for 20 some years, this book had a special resonance for me. The protagonist returns from a big city to his rural roots and finds love in an unexpected way.

The characters are well drawn and easy to care about, especially the characters of Eli and Geoff. The prose is well crafted and the story pulls you in. This is an engaging story that quickly pulls you in and before you know it you're reading about characters that you truly care
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
This book started out bad. The MC (I already forgot his name) is an Uber Slut (I think that means like extremely promiscuous, whorey, tramp, skank, no standards his man-hole is so loose it’s like throwing a hotdog down a hallway) and to top that off he is an Uber Drunk Driving Slut or UDDS for short (please note MC will now be called UDDS from now on in this review). It starts off with UDDS waking up with a stranger after drinking too much and driving to stranger’s house where he had sex, ...more
Erotic Horizon
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
4.75 Stars

Geoff is living the life of a young man with few responsibility and full of hormones - and with all the tail he can get in the city, he’s living the life of riley.

The bubble burst on Geoff life of burning the candle at both ends when his dad dies. Coming home to the ranch is alot of things now for Geoff – but most importantly it’s the fact that his dad is no longer there – that is, one of his dad’s. He has two and with a few carefully placed words and some home truth he soon agrees to
Wade
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I think this is a wonderful book. I love the message. I love the characters. And I love Andrew's style of writing. I read it a few years ago and since then several more times. I own it in paperback. I think Eli's character is my favorite. I loved his tenderness.

I think everyone who deals with predudice and fear should read this book. I think Andrew spells out LOVE in a poignant way. It was a book that meant a lot to me the first time I read it. The theme of "no shame" stupid out in a personal
Caipi
This was a sweet but also very sad read!

I read this after Love Means... Courage (the story of Geoff's dads Cliff and Len), that's why the death of Cliff at the beginning of this book had me especially sad.

So, here we got the story of Geoff and Eli. Geoff, who came back from Chicago (where he had worked as an accountant during the day, while he had spent his nights with meaningless one night stands) to take over the farm when his father died and Eli, a sweet, young and innocent Amish man. Two
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Aww man this read.....

I just did not understand Geoff's treatment shown to Len?

I did not understand the why(s) of the slut'ness of Geoff's persona?

And, I do not recall the use of condum's?

And, why is this book so poorly edited, from DSP, where I pay top dollar for my books?

The Book & What I Loved and Took With Me~

The letter from Cliff *sniffle*
The adorable hospital scene.
The courting and Len's comment about the courting.
The cuddling
The warmpt of the farm" home"
Len's strength
Geoff and
A.K.M. Miles
Oct 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and the whole time I was reading it, I was patting myself on the back for buying 3 others of his at the same time. Really good book, y'all. Really.
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Overall book rating: 4 sweet stars
Audio book: Narrator- R. Kirstein 4stars
Book cover: 3.5 Stars

This book is about little Geoff all grown up. This book started out sad but it just shows you to waist no time and to love to the fullest every minute of every day.

Little Geoff finds the love of his life. I truly loved this story.

description

Lisa
After his father passes away Geoff goes back to take over the running of the family farm.
One morning he finds a toung Amsih man sleeping in the barn, Eli. Eli is on his rumspringa and Geoff offers him a job and a home. Over time the two fall in love.

I liked seeing Eli leaarning about the English and trying new things.
Geoff and Eli were good together and apart from some angst towards the end it was a good story.
Kassa
Oct 19, 2009 rated it it was ok
Parts of this book are interesting with a deep emotional connection but unfortunately the very uneven pacing drags the action and length of the book out. Also most of the conflict is resolved and told off page so the reader is unable to experience some of the problems and emotions as the characters do. Mostly this is a sweet, easy romance that throws a little texture in by way of bigoted attitudes but really those attitudes impact very little in the main relationship. The writing is average with ...more
Dreamer
For all those who've not seen Weird Al's 'Amish Paradise' - enjoy!

3.5 stars here. A somewhat bland but likeable m/m romance. Geoff leaves Chicago to return to the family farm upon the death of his (gay) father. He falls for Elijah, a 20 year old Amish boy who is spending a year away from his community.

'If he were honest with himself, he really did like Eli... a lot. The way he looked in the saddle, the way he smiled, the way those eyes danced when he was
Indie Reviews
Love Means ... No Shame by Andrew Grey is a touching story of loss and love, family and belonging. It is very well written with strong characters and fluid narration that pulls the reader completely in from the start.

The central focus of the story is the relationship between Geoff and Eli who come from two very different worlds and cultures. Grey takes his time in growing their relationship by exploring many of their differences in a thoughtful and respectful manner. As Geoff gets to know Eli he

Lily
This is a well written story that is populated with characters you can't help but fall in love with and just like in real life with a couple you'd be thankful not to know. It's an emotional story that grabbed my attention right away and kept me interested all the way to the end. The main protagonists at first appear to be an unlikely match but as the story progresses the development of their relationship shows that indeed they are well suited to each other.

At the start of the book Geoff is happy
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Dec 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Jayded
This story was cute and sweet and touching. Geoff and Eli couldn't be more different at the beginning of the story, because Geoff comes back from Chicago to the farm he inherited from his father. In Chicago he was cruising bars for sex and working as an accountant. Eli is Amish and he is spending the traditional time away from his community to see the world of the English.

What they have in common is their caring attitude. Geoff is much more experienced, but Eli's enthusiasm makes up for his lack
Tami
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Manfred
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: onedrive
I got the "Love means..." books as a bundle and got a little confused reading it, until I found out (thanks to Sarah) that one part was missing.
After reading this one I finally know what happened, although I found it a little strange that in the bundle suddenly there was a gap of several years...
Actually the story how Geoff and Eli found each other was probably the best in the series so far, for me!
Geoff is coming home to the farm after his father died and has to decide whether he wants to
Bev
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I have enjoyed some of Andrew Grey's other books (The Good Fight was very interesting in view of it's subject matter), but I'm afraid that this book was just a step too far. The previous story in the series (Love means...Courage) was a decent read, but this book, well let's just say that I feel calling your loved one 'Stallion' and 'Tiger' is a little bit far-fetched, and put me off reading any further - I returned the book I'm afraid.
Deeze
Nov 15, 2011 rated it liked it
A lovely sweet love story with some very well written emotional parts. Tissues were certainly needed at times lol.

I'm looking forward to re reading the next book and seeing Geoff as a little boy again lol.

My one niggle was Frank and the way he believed the lies without hesitation but then back tracked imediately. That scene just never flowed as smoothly as the rest.

luv2reed
Jan 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
wow, I'm must be in the minority because I had to dnf this book, which I rarely do. The writing was so stilted and boring I just couldn't get into it. Interesting premise but I guess this author's writing style just doesn't do it for me.
Crys Harris
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I thought this book was rather boring and the character pretty flat. I just read the book a couple of days ago and I can't remember the name of the main character.
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, abandoned
"Hmm... I'm sick of sleeping around and that guy looks cute, so I think I'll just check and see if he's gay, and then we'll live happily ever after."
Too simple, too easy. Boring.
Sunshine
The second book in the series starts with a tragic start. The story was good with very little angst. If I continue with the series I’ll pass on the audio.
Alex
Sep 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, romance
Overall
I think this is my favorite of the series, and conveniently the first (although I read it second). Order isn't vital to the stories, unless you want to be surprised by happy endings. So Geoff comes home after the death of his father and decides to stay and take over the family farm. Shortly after his arrival, Eli appears, 100% Amish and straight from the community. He's taking a year break to "diminish his rebel spirit."

Geoff and Eli have a very nice dynamic and are both sweet as sugar.
David Sullivan
Feb 24, 2011 rated it liked it
J'aime
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m
I’ve read a lot of gay cowboy romances, but this one stands out for being more, well, romantic! Usually, it’s lust at first sight, hot sex and finally the requisite “I love you” (whether believable or not). This book surprised me by going nearly halfway through before the characters become lovers. It was actually refreshing.

Geoff returns to his family farm after his father dies and realizes this is where he always wanted to be. So, he sets about taking over the business. One day, he finds a man
Robin (Saturndoo)
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Robin (Saturndoo) by: Elishia
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book especially being a "newbie" to this genre. I was not expecting to find such an intriguing,beautifully written love story with such loving,well developed,likeable characters.

Andrew Grey has a way of drawing the reader in,pulling on the heart strings while tap dancing on the emotions of one's soul. He does a fantastic job of delivering a great story while teaching some very important life lessons about learning to love yourself, as well as those who
Shelby P
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
The first 50% of the book had promise and I was steadily reading along. Then after Geoff and Eli hooked up, the book went downhill and fast. I got bored. Not sure how old Geoff is but I didn't like that he was able to solve everyone's problems so easily. The sex was not hot at all. And I hope that's not really how the Amish treat their people when they take a break/sabbatical. How the hell was Eli expected to thrive in the English world with no money or place to live???

It would have been nice if
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Hands down, this is one of my all-time favorite stories. Geoff and Eli meet under difficult circumstances. Eli is on his one year "Rumspringa" from his Amish community, and when they fall in love, it's on the heels of Geoff grieving his recently deceased father and inheriting the farm. It's also uncertain what the future holds for the two since the possibility of Eli having to return to his family looms over Geoff constantly, and when it finally happens, it nearly breaks his spirit.

I've
Richard
Oct 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aaa, nope, disgusted, the-worst
Ah- young love.

A virgin Amish boy meets a more seasoned city boy on the farm and they fall in love.

When the Amish boy discovers the city fellow was very sexually active he sadly pouts and the city fellow tells him it was just sex but with him it’s love making.

City boy then proceeds to have the Amish boy fuck him bareback.

Naively (pre barebacking) I was thinking what a great book for young gay kids to read.

Color me stupid.

Ah-young love, may it survive!
Icyspark
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book made me feel all of the emotions. There were a few moments I had tears running down my face.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Promises (Coda Books, #1)
  • Scrap Metal
  • Between Sinners and Saints
  • Dance With Me (Dancing, #1)
  • The Weight of It All
  • Coming Home (Firsts and Forever #9)
  • Tell Me It's Real (At First Sight, #1)
  • Fair Game (All's Fair, #1)
  • Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #1)
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines #2)
  • Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • The Rebuilding Year (The Rebuilding Year, #1)
  • The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1)
  • Tight Quarters (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform, #7)

m/m romance author

Farm (9 books)
  • Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5)
  • Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)
  • Love Means... Freedom (Farm, #3)
  • Love Means... No Fear (Farm, #4)
  • Love Means... Family (Farm, #5)
  • Love Means... No Limits (Farm, #6)
  • Love Means... Patience (Farm, #7)
  • Love Means... Endurance (Farm, #8)
“You always say that I’m beautiful. Will you still love me when I’m old?"
Geoff’s hand made small circles on his stomach.
"Elijah." Geoff rarely called him that, and he turned his head to look into Geoff’s eyes. "I don’t love you because you’re beautiful. You’re beautiful because I love you.”
34 likes
“Anyone who thinks women have a monopoly on gossip has never been to a gay bar. Those queens will rip you to shreds.” 2 likes