Start by marking “Johnny Big-Ears, the Feel-Good Friend” as Want to Read:
Johnny Big-Ears, the Feel-Good Friend

Johnny Big-Ears, the Feel-Good Friend

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
On his first day of kindergarten, Johnny is teased by his classmates for his enormously large ears. However, he turns out to be the winner in this endearing, thoughtful book.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 40 pages
Published August 6th 2009 by Shalako Press

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Big-Ears, the Feel-Good Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Big-Ears, the Feel-Good Friend

Lynda Dickson
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 5+
Shelves: children
It's Johnny's first day of school and his mother has just given him a haircut for this special occasion. Unfortunately, Johnny's big ears are now in plain sight. What will happen when he goes to school and the kids make fun of him?

The gorgeous illustrations by Victor Ramon Mojica, bring Johnny Big-Ears to life. I especially love the close-up illustrations of the top of Johnny's head and his curly hair. However, I did find the black writing a bit difficult to read against the background of the co
B.K. Walker
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Johnny Big Ears - The Feel Good Friend by John Paul Padilla

Reviewed by Daniel Dietz

Johnny Big Ears always had curly black hair and big ears. His first day of school he was so excited to start, and his mother cut his hair revealing his big ears. Johnny loved his new haircut and couldn't wait to get to school.

He arrives to school, meets his teacher and his day begins. He learns his alphabet, writes his name on the chalkboard, it's so fun to be at school.

Then it's time for recess. He's having fun
Tamara
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was thrilled to receive an autographed copy of the book through Good Reads! I thought the story was excellent on being different! Although the story is geared for 1st thru 3rd graders, my 3rd grader thought it was funny but "Babyish". All in all a great story about being different, acceptance and human nature!
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I work at an elementary school and thought this book was a great way to get the point across about bullying. I will be using this book as a tool in the future. Very easy to relate to.
Shannon McGee
Oct 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice message, worded very nice as well. I'd be interested in knowing what children would think of this book. I can see it being read in front of a class to teach kids not to tease.
Hope
Sep 10, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
T.C.
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008
Review for The Bookshelf Reviews (bookshelfreviews.blogspot.com)

Youngster feeling unhappy and down? Give him a haircut.

It sure helped Johnny Big Ears, the character in John Paul Padilla's inspirational children's tale of the same name, in which Johnny, as you can pretty much guess, has big ears. He's starting his first day of kindergarten and, thanks to Mom, now has a spiffy, curly new 'do to make a good first impression. However, some recess bullies find humor in Johnny's augmented lobes, teasi
Katie
Jun 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was pretty adorable! The art is darling, and the story really teaches you not to ignore teasing but to appreciate and embrace the things that make you different. Besides having a great message, it's also got fun worksheets and drawing/coloring pages in the back... kids would have a ball with this.
Gina Hott
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Hott Review:
What I liked: This book is cute & sweet. It’s a great book for new students or for bullied children.
What I didn’t like: It was just a bit wordy for the younger ones.

Source: JOHN PAUL PADILLA
Grade: B
Ages: 4+6
Series: Johnny Big-Ears, 1
Rosita
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it
The kids loved it and were thrilled that it was signed.
Kim
rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2008
John Padilla
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christy Lockstein
Kimberly Aguilera
Sarah Cleveland
Lynne
May 21, 2011
I was once teased/Bullied as kid, called Dumbo, among other mean, names for being into the arts very young and that, not only hurt my feelings but made me feel so insecure about my looks. As I got older, I had otoplasty, surgery on my ears. I became more confident by taking modeling classes, dance and even singing to get more into the public eye. I became more social and it helped me be more confi ...more
More about John Paul Padilla