Start by marking “The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox, #3)

The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox #3)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,041 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Fact collides with fiction in Will Adams third pulse-pounding adventure featuring the enigmatic Daniel Knox. Twenty years after vanishing without a trace, French archaeologist Roland Petitier makes a dramatic reappearance at a major Athens conference, promising an astonishing find - the legendary Golden Fleece. But before he can give his talk, he's found dead in a hotel ro ...more
Published October 29th 2009 by Harper (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Labyrinth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Labyrinth

James
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars to Will Adams's The Lost Labyrinth, the third in his Daniel Knox archaeological/adventure thriller series. For fans of Adams and this genre, you will enjoy this release but there were a few times when I felt like it wasn't substantially different than his first two novels.

Story
Daniel Knox and his girlfriend Gaille are visiting long-time friends Augustin and Claire prior to a conference in Greece when they find a twenty-year missing archaeologist dead in Augustin's hotel room. The polic
Jennifer Eifrig
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this book, Mr. Adams has again crafted a page-turning thrill ride, this time with more focus on the characters and less on the scenery and geek-out archaeology. (I guess it's hard to come up with a believable "rewrite history" story every year.) But never fear, there's plenty of side story for those who like material culture. In fact, I found the idea that a Thera/Cretan culture was the origin for the Atlantis myths less difficult to believe than the inciting incident for the whole chain of e ...more
Christina
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was ok
usually my kind of book, but i have to say, i was disapointed. it took very long for the story to get going, i actually had to start twice, 'cause i stopped reading it for about a month and really wanted to finish it ('cause i hate not finishing books), but i had to start all over, i had forgotten all the subtle things that kept popping back up. although the second time around i got through it a lot faster.
i can't even really say what i didn't like, other than that i just didn't feel like anythi
Malcolm
This novel claims on the front cover "If you like Dab Brown, you'll love Will Adams". a promise I feel it did not meet. The da Vinci Code inspired a sub genre of thriller involving archaeologists or other academics as heroes, seriously disturbed men as villains, secrets of world shattering significance riddles long drawn out chases all told at an unrelenting pace, Both the title and the blurb tells the reader this is what to expect in spades. The reality will only disappoint. The Lost Labyrinth ...more
Carol
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I read the German edition called "Wächter des Labyrinths":

Ein antiker Schatz liegt verborgen in einem Labyrinth. Das Interesse daran ist groß, denn wer ihn besitzt, hat auch die Macht.
Der französische Archäologe Roland Petitier war zwanzig Jahre lang verschollen. Als er wieder auftaucht, verkündet er die Sensation: Er will das sagenhafte goldene Vlies gefunden haben. Doch zu seinem großen Auftritt kommt es gar nicht erst. Daniel Nox findet den Forscher tot in einem Hotelzimmer.

Auch ohne die beid
GreekReaders
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ως λάτρης της περιπέτειας σε συνδυασμό με ιστορικά στοιχεία, δε θα μπορούσα να αφήσω αυτό το βιβλίο να μου ξεφύγει. Μου κίνησαν την περιέργεια τα λεγόμενα στο οπισθόφυλλο, ήταν και σε προσφορά.. Διάνα!

Όχι όχι, διάνα. Μέγα λάθος. Αν και ξεκινάει εξαιρετικά, με μια αναδρομή στο παρελθόν (αλλά μιλάμε για πολύ παρελθόν!) και ένα φόνο (yes yes!) σύντομα χάνει το ενδιαφέρον του. Το περίεργο με αυτό το βιβλίο είναι πως δε μπορώ επακριβώς να προσδιορίσω το γιατί. Να ήταν η δράση που δεν ξεκινά να σε κρα
Sarah Baca
Nov 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
I very much enjoyed the first two books of this series, but unlike them, this book does not have a story-line that revolves around archaeology and history and instead it is only something in the background. The main criminal in this book is despicable--too much so. He is unrealistic and that brings the whole story down because he seems to have more pages than anyone else. Besides, I didn't pick up the book to read about pedophile rapists, I wanted a historical novel. Nope.

The writing style bothe
Kay
Aug 17, 2011 rated it liked it
"If you like Dan Brown, you'll LOVE Will Adams" - That's what's written on the book cover. It got me intrigued "since I am a huge fan of Dan Brown". Decided to purchase it & read it to see myself if the author is as good as Dan Brown. Turns out he has his own style of story telling, also, the story itself isn't like the usual Dan Brown mind blowing mysterious puzzles, it's more of crime, thriller and historical fiction.

Can't deny I loved the book, really, It was amusing & full of histor
High Wycombe Library
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-adventure
The Lost Labyrinth is the third installment of the 'Daniel Knox' series by Will Adams, and pits Daniel and his girlfriend up against Georgian oligarch Nergadze and his pyschotic grandson Mikhail in a race for the legendary Golden Fleece.

Whilst it doesn't quite reach the heights of the first two installments in the series, The Lost Labyrinth is still a worthwhile read for those interested in the "archaeological thriller" genre. ^GE

If you liked The Lost Labyrinth why not try:
The Moses Stone by Ja
Anna-Lisa
Jul 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, ich breche dieses Buch jetzt nach knapp 140 Seiten ab. Für eine Abenteuergeschichte kommen mir hier eindeutig zu viele Pädophile vor, was für mich die ganze Geschichte ruiniert und den Unterhaltungswert komplett zuerstört. Dieses Thema gehört für mich in eine andere Art von Thriller, nicht in diese, denn eigentlich möchte ich beim Lesen unterhalten werden und mich nicht unwohl fühlen. Schade. Auf den letzten Band habe ich jetzt gar keine Lust mehr.
Gibin Mathew
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was ok

The Caption that drew my attention to this book was "If you like Dan Brown,you will like Will Smith",hence i had great expectations.

"But i was disappointed". I dont think this book is in par with "Davinci code".

About 3/4 th of this book is slow and dragging.Only last few chapters i found intrestion. This is one of the boring books i had read in recent past.So i rate it with 2 stars(average/below average)
Every
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
While reading I did not realize this was the third of a series. This surprised me so, since it is so readable without the other two installments, which does not occur very often.

I quite enjoyed this book, it was something different from my usual reads and I was very happy to recognize the myths in this book from my experiences with the greek mythology.

I highly recommend this book to mystery lovers, mythology nerds and the local psycho in my town.
Chris
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this one down. Daniel Know's friend is suspected of murder and his friend is almost killed by the Greek police so Knox sets out to clear his name. There is a Georgian family in this who are like the Mafia and kill if they don't get what they want. The ending was unexpected, and I was surprised the author took this route as it was very brave of him to do so. A fantastic read from start to finish and one I couldn't put down! The best by this author so far!
Crt
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Quite enjoyed it, not having read this author before. Search for the Golden Fleece, a horrible super wealthy psychopath from an equally horrible family of nutters try too capture and torture the leading character Dan Knox for the whereabouts of the Golden Fleece. Set in Crete and Athens. Easy to read.
Nancy
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was not particularly enjoyable to read. I'm not sure why the author needed to include pedofiles sleeping with little boys, rapists, nice dogs getting shot, and main charactors getting killed off. The author has such a gift of archeological knowledge the other items took away from that. I hope the next book is better.
Elena
Aug 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
Lame, lame, lame. Greek archeology seems a lousy excuse to talk about child molesters and psycho perverts whose favorite activity is to torture people. I had enjoyed the Exodus story, so I thought this might be about the same level of entertainment but definitely not. And watch out... wow wow ... big things going on at the very end... actually, my suggestion is that you pick up a different book.
Kelly
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
I highly enjoyed this book. It was non stop action from start to finish.
The character, Mikhail Nergadze, was one of the best villains I have come across in a long time.
The last few chapters had me riveted and I couldn't put the book down and I certainly had not envisaged the ending!
A fabulous read!
Ineke
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: archeo-thriller
Een interessant thema, dat ook goed wordt uitgewerkt. Er wordt veel achtergrondinformatie gegeven over de Griekse mythologie en de mythen rond het gulden vlies.
De vertaling doet soms wat ouderwets aan en het geweld had van mij iets minder uitgesproken gemogen. Toch heb ik het boek met veel plezier gelezen en ga ik kijken naar de andere delen.
Elena
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Αρκετά ενδιαφέρον βιβλίο με γρήγορη πλοκή και αγωνία. Ο Νοξ είναι ο χαρακτηριστικός έξυπνος ήρωας/ ερευνητής που θα λύσει το μυστήριο. Δεν μου άρεσε ο χαρακτήρας του Μιχαήλ Νεργκάτζε. Στην αρχή φαινόταν ότι θα ήταν ο απόλυτος κακός ήρωας αλλά τελικά δεν τα κατάφερε. Το τέλος ήταν διαφορετικό από αυτό που φανταζόμουν αλλά αναγκαίο για το επόμενο βιβλίο που το περιμένω πώς και πώς!
Sofi Metskhvarishvili
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
utterly disappointed, it totally changed it's profile and went from intellectual detective to criminal drama , less and less archeological and historical facts and more action, in other books both things were well balanced , but in this one author lost it
Vicki
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not a fan of this instalment and don't think that I'll be reading the next one. A disjointed story that never really seemed to find its point, characters being disposed of rather pointlessly and an unsatisfactory ending. Book 2 showed promise but book 3 just didn't follow through.
وسام عبده
Finally, Knox left Egypt :) and again face an old archaeological enigma mixed with modern political issues. I hate the death of Gaille and ruining of Knox live after the confrontation with the antagonist.
Donna
I want to write a review on this but i'm too busy being emotional at the ending. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU END A TRILOGY! Can someone tell me that there is a fourth book? that is NOT how to end something like that! where is the happy freaking ending Will Adams?!
Marjut
Apr 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Didn't really enjoy it that much, the title actually promised more than what it really was after all. Interesting historical facts and occasional interesting fiction as well, but it just didn't impress me in the end. It was an okay read.. But not what I'd recommend.
Angel Serrano
El vellocino de oro desapareció en extrañas circunstancias durante la era minoica de la antigua Grecia. Una carrera entre arqueólogos y políticos corruptos de Georgia entornó a Elyseum revivirá las aventuras al más puro estiló Indiana Jones.
Ginny
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I really liked the first two books of Knox but this one took longer to engage with the story line and without giving a spoiler away, it felt like a book that just ended the Daniel Knox I knew and loved. I guess I'll give Will Adams one more try but I sure loved Knox.
Sara Yasmin
Aug 09, 2010 rated it liked it
My kind of book but it is still far below the greatness of Dan Brown. Good read especially during long-haul flights. =)
Chee Tong Lee
Dec 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
A disappointment. Laboriously boring plot that was peppered with a lot of unnecessary details.
Laurence Bradbury
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great fast paced book with a shatteringly good ending. Can't wait for the next one.
Rita
May 03, 2011 rated it liked it
More violent than the earlier Daniel Knox novels. I thought it was a gripping read.
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • Bible of the Dead
  • The Book of Secrets
  • The Moses Stone (Chris Bronson, #2)
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • The Secret Crown (Payne & Jones, #6)
  • Pyramid
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Chosen One
  • The Nostradamus Prophecies (Antichrist Trilogy #1)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • The Pharos Objective (Morpheus Initiative, #1)
Will Adams has tried his hand at a multitude of careers over the years. Most recently, he worked for a London-based firm of communications consultants, before giving it up to pursue his lifelong dream of writing fiction. His first novel, The Alexander Cipher, is a modern-day quest to find the lost tomb of Alexander the Great. Published in November 2007 by Harper Collins, it is being translated int ...more
More about Will Adams...

Daniel Knox (4 books)
  • The Alexander Cipher (Daniel Knox, #1)
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)

“Having a purpose, that's the key.” 7 likes