Start by marking “What Can Spot See?” as Want to Read:
What Can Spot See?

What Can Spot See? (Spot the Dog)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Spot sees many things during his day?looking out the window, eating breakfast in the kitchen, running outside to play. Children can help Spot identify everything he sees in this fun-filled novelty format. Each spread includes a die-cut hole and a turning wheel at the edges of each page, which reveals all the things Spot sees. What?s out the window? What?s in the toy box? W ...more
Board Book, 14 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Warne (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about What Can Spot See?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Can Spot See?

kim
good for babies, lots to point to and discuss
Siobhan
A wonderful read from my childhood, one I’d certainly suggest for other youngsters. Whilst it is not my all-time favourite childhood read I can still recall all the details of this one meaning it certainly left a lasting impression upon my young mind.

And isn’t that what we want with children’s books, for them to leave a positive lasting impression?
Heidi-Marie
Apr 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a fun board book! I wonder on the sturdiness of the turn-the-wheel vs. lift-the-flap, but this is awesome! If only they'd had these when my little brother was young, I would have enjoyed watching him read this one. I think that's why I have a soft spot for Spot! :-)
Brittany Perry
illustrations are okay and the mirror was a nice touch but it is a general forgettable run of the mill book. Still its very decent for babies and toddlers.
Sarah Coggins
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, dylan
Wonderful book. Sturdy construction, simple language and my 17mo son loves the wheels you turn to view the various images.
Marc Lucke
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was ideal for our toddler: a solid board book for a young page-ripper and bold, bright illustrations to attract her eye and keep her engaged.
Danielle
Lots of chances for interactive storytime. Toddlers get to say what is in each picture. At the end there is a mirror so they can see themselves. Good for a smaller storytime crowd.
Tara
Sep 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Good book for r2r skills, large board book with interactive wheels
Rima Aroutiounian
Spot is a dog that goes out and sees different things. He recognizes the world around him. The same is implied to babies. This book will help the babies to recognize the world around them.
Stacy
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
This is an adorable "spin the wheel" book. Turn the wheel to see different items on each page. Very cute!
Rachel
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ralph-read
This is a Ralph must-read, like every night. He loves it!
Jael
Nov 20, 2017
Chester
Sep 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 159 books)
  • Where's Spot?
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night, Spot Good Night, Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Loves His Mum