Start by marking “Never Too Hot (Hot Shots: Men of Fire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Never Too Hot (Hot Shots: Men of Fire, #3)

Never Too Hot

(Hot Shots: Men of Fire #3)

A TOUCH IGNITES. A FIRE BURNS. AND THE HEAT HAS JUST BEGUN.

Deep in the cool green mountains of the Adirondacks, wounded firefighter Connor MacKenzie has come to rebuild the 100-year-old MacKenzie family cabin--and to be alone. A horrific blaze has left him scarred inside and out and certain of two things: He'll get back on his Hot Shot crew no matter what it takes, and any
Mass Market Paperback, 351 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2010)

Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

This latest installment in the Hot Shots: Men of Fire series takes place around Poplar Cove on Blue Mountain Lake in the Adirondacks, where scarred wildland firefighter Connor MacKenzie is taking time to restore his family’s 100-year-old cabin, find solitude, and heal and train his injured body, while he awaits the decision regarding his future as a hotshot. Ginger Sinclair left her stifling, rich New York life for the peaceful pace of Poplar Cove to recover from a
Auntee
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporaries
I really enjoyed the latest in Bella Andre's Men of Fire series. What made it especially enjoyable for me was the heroine, fuller figured, 33 year old aspiring artist Ginger Sinclair. I admired how the recent divorcee was trying to turn her life around and start doing things that were right for her, rather than trying to please everyone around her. I loved her determination, her strength, her understanding, and her passion for the people she cared about. I loved her relationship with scarred (in ...more
Kathrynn
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of rekindled love and tortured heros
Although Never too Hot was the third installment in the Hotshot series, this one rang to a beat of a different drum. While the previous books were more romantic suspense and touched heavily on firefighting Never too Hot was a sweet, heart-wrenching tale of two couples.

The main characters, Connor MacKenzie and Ginger Sinclair, were both wonderful. Both were in their 30's and starting over. Ginger was fresh from a divorce to a man who didn't love her, and Connor was trying to get reinstated into
Jen
So....this book got pretty mixed reviews on GR....and most of the complaints I saw were about the fact that the first two books in this series were more of the 'romantic suspense' genre vs. 'contemporary' AND that there are kind of TWO love stories in the book - Connor and Ginger AND Isabel and Andrew....

I have to say that NEITHER of these issues were an issue for me!! I LOVED this book. NO, there was no 'suspense' aspect to it like the others, but it didn't matter to me. I LOVED the LOVE STORY
Holly
Sep 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!! This was the best book of the series, IMHO! I was a wonderful story and oh so emotional, just the way I like 'em :) - The story of Connor and Ginger was wonderful but it was even better coupled with the side (love) story between Isabel and Andrew!! I read this book in one day, LOVED IT!
jenjn79
Dec 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Seems like everyone loooooved this book but me. I hate it when that happens! But sometimes books, or in this case, authors, just don't do it for a reader.

Series Note:
Third book in Andre's "Hot Shots" series about forest firefighters. To get the full back story, you should read them in order, but I think this book is self-sufficient enough to be read on its own.

Summary:
Connor McKenzie has spend the last 2 years or so trying to recover from a forest fire that almost killed him. He's got scars all
Elle
May 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story.

There were a lot of story lines in play here. I felt like the story involving Izzy could have been fleshed out a tiny bit more, she could have dealt with her son in more detail or something, but overall I like the inclusion of the story.

I also like the H/h and the setting.

This was a great summer read. I spend the majority of the story reading it on my backyard swing. It was a good fit.

Not too sure about the other books in this series though. The setting of this book played a
Martel
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-read
Whereas the two first books of the series were romantic suspense, this one is a bit different: a classic contemporary romance about redemption and second chances. The characters are all coping with their errors or failures and trying to do their best with their lot in life.
I liked that three generations were painted each with their specific struggles and insecurities. All sometimes annoying but endearing in their own way.
A nice light read.
Anne - Books of My Heart
I enjoyed this but it didn't seem really realistic. There was a lot happening - lots of emotions and relationships. I did like Ginger who was honest with herself. Connor had more trouble with that.

COYER: Read the last book in a series. PTS: 4.
Tracy
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Just Okay For Me
Two years ago hotshot firefighter Connor MacKenzie was horribly scarred by a fire that he couldn't outrun. Now he's returned to his grandparents' log cabin in the Adirondacks to fix it up and bring it up to code while he waits to hear the news on his final appeal to get back to his Hotshot crew. Fighting fires is everything that means anything to him, and the work at the cabin will also help him get back into prime physical shape so he won't miss any time when he gets the okay to
Quinn's Book Nook
I’m a big fan of Bella Andre’s Sullivan series. Like for real, such a big fan. I also just recently signed up for a Read All the Books Challenge where I will be reading all of Bella Andre’s books. Never Too Hot is the third book in the Hot Shots series, and while Never Too Hot isn't perfect, it definitely has that Bella Andre feeling.

Connor Mackenzie was severely injured on the job, and after months of recovery, he is ready to get back to work. Unfortunately The Hot Shot supervisors feel he won’
Jessica Alcazar
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a series kinda girl, so this review will cover all 3 books....Before I go into the individual books, I'd like to make a general comment in regards to this particular writing style. It was not what I expected from Bella Andrea. I grabbed this series off my shelf after reading her novella Candy Store and novel Red Hot Reunion. After reading those two books, I dubbed her a 'cutesy smut' writer and immediately loved her because that's what I love to read. Easy, fun, romantic, hot love stories. A ...more
Farah
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
An emotional read !! Every single character in this book was grabbing and lovable , the setting added charm to the story and created a very romantic feel. The character development was smooth and convincing. I easily connected with the characters and felt for them.

Ginger was a sweetheart , she's a tough cookie with a no bullshit attitude , she's smart , understanding and has the kindest heart , she's also nonjudgmental and a great listener , the kind of person who'd make a very good friend , s
Amy Jacobs
Jun 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
First of all, let me start by saying that I am usually a big fan of this author. Almost every book I have read by her, I have enjoyed. With this book, I felt let down after eagerly anticipating Conner's story. If you have read the other books in this series, you know that Conner was severely burned and scarred in the earlier books. Now Conner is fighting through the pain of scarring and trying to get his life back in order. He is on his last appeal to join the Hot Shot crew again, something he d ...more
Lauren
Never Too Hot
2 Stars

Synopsis
Connor Mackenzie returns to his childhood home to recover from the serious burns that scarred him inside and out. He is not expecting to find the family cabin occupied by Ginger Sinclair, a woman who has been burned by her marriage. Ginger and Connor end up on a collision course toward love - will they make it?

Review
Slow pacing, mundane romance and predictable plot remind me why I don't read contemporary romance anymore.

None of the main characters is sufficiently dev
KimKirt
Oct 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Like a book with a scarred hero that denies his emotions? Need a co-dependent heroine that wants to fix him? Then this book is for you. How about a dad who realizes he needs to make up for lost time while rekindling an old flame? That's there too. A mother dealing with teenage angst? Sure! Why not? And here's a surprise, a fire (gasp) is going to bring them all together! But you knew that didn't you? Neat and tidy and all wrapped in the end with a nice little bow? Yup, you got it! But heck, I'm ...more
Cornelia
Jun 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
that was pleasant enough. maybe I like it more than I should because certain comment in the book made me think of a korean drama I just watched...
Smut Junkie

Layne
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firefighters and Spice

Conner is trying to get over so many things at once; Being horribly burned while fighting a forest fire, trying to find a place where he could finally fit and fighting feelings for a Dad that was absent from his for the most part. Along comes the spice in the form of a woman named Ginger who turns his life upside down. The lessons these two learn is a journey every reader needs to take. I loved this book.
Sandra
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too Hot to Handle

The Men of Fire series is a sizzler. Bella Andre always delivers and book 3, “Never Too Hot” is no exception. The heat produced by Connor and Ginger is combustible and when you throw Isabel and Andrew into the fuel mix, a flame up is inevitable. Ms Andre’s characters come to life and Poplar Cove is the perfect setting for this heartwarming romance. If you’re in the mood for a love story with a bit of heat, “Never Too Hot” is an enjoyable and satisfying read.
Booklovinglady
This trilogy certainly saved the best till last...

See also Foreign authors > No Dutch copy available: Fiction never translated into Dutch/Flemish for a comment in Dutch.
Cynthia R
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wild And Sweet

This book will keep your interest from start to finish. It is about lost loves, and love returning. Full of action along with desperation. So much goes on in this book, you will be amazed by how quickly you devour it. Happy Reading!!!! I wish the series would go on!
Zara West
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two people searching for new lives unexpectedly share a cabin. She's a divorce striving to develop her art career. He's a wildfire fighter who's been badly burned. Neither wants to be attracted to the other - but they are. A good read for those who like complex, emotional characters.
Gwynne Andal
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Bella Andre *almost* never fails to deliver all the feels for a quick romantic read. I did not read the other books from this series so I am pretty surprised of the second minor relationship that was resolved in this one.
Gloriamarie
I love the town in this story and want to live there. Connor has had a great deal to live with and he is still recovering. Clearly the author has done some research and I really appreciate that.
Susan Nackman
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good reading and more believable than the second. I enjoyed this series and like Ms Andre's stories very much. Any book of hers will be a good read.
Roslynn
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you are at your lowest and you meet someone who cares for you through your darkest moments.....that's when you know....Love overcomes all obstacles!
Mariab
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 ⭐- I have not read a story like this for a long time, so perfect and full of so many feelings. ♥I loved. What made it different was the narration of the other characters ... I've never bored ! 📚🔥 ...more
A.J. Renee
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was sweet. The characters fell in love quickly and it was fast paced. First book I've read in this series and I had no problems jumping right in. I enjoyed Connor and Gingers story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4)
  • Cracklin' Rosie (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #2)
  • Flashpoint
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Icebreaker (New York Blades, #8)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • One on One
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Men On Fire
  • Caught (Gemini Men, #1)
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of “The Sullivans” and “The Morrisons” series.

Having sold more than 8 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world and have appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists 84 times. She has been the #1 Ranked Author at Amazon (on a top 10 list that included Nora Robe

Hot Shots: Men of Fire (3 books)
  • Wild Heat (Hot Shots: Men of Fire, #1)
  • Hot as Sin (Hot Shots: Men of Fire, #2)
“Had they both become unwilling participants in some sort of mad scientist’s chemistry experiment to combine Man A with Woman B to see how quickly they’d combust?” 3 likes
“few minutes later, when she momentarily forgot that the water was off
and turned on
the faucet, it ran beautifully.
Andrew had, once again, succeeded. He’d arrived unannounced like a knight on
his shiny
white horse to save the damsel in distress.
Damn him.”