Start by marking “The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers” as Want to Read:
The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers

The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  652 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers
Published January 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers

Callie
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I started this book a couple years ago, and I finally finished it this year. I think it just took me so long because I felt like I should stop and pray after each chapter for the things she suggested! I mostly just read a chapter here and there at night. Each chapter had a suggestion for an area to pray for our children, including Bible verses and an example prayer. Some of the things I would never have thought of by myself, and I ended up worrying about some things I might not have otherwise - ...more
Muki
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just like the power of a praying wife, this book gave areas of my son's life that I hadn't thought to pray about. Those areas are now part of my daily prayers.
Barbara
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. Although I am not a parent I have used the prayers in this book for children and teenagers I know. A lovely way to cover your children in prayer.
Deanna
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful resource for ideas on specific prayer requests regarding your children. I will keep this book close by at all times.
Andrea Strickland
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by a friend. There is a book which includes prayers and this one which is just prayers for parents. I highly recommend it for believers as it serves as an excellent guide as to WHAT to pray for. Often, I have found myself praying for our children, but in very unspecific ways. This book helps direct my thoughts and zero in on what specifically each of our children need at any given time.

Though, I have read all of the prayers, this one will still close at my side f
JLynn
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good thoughts

Stormie's books always expand the scope of what I pray. I like her ideas. I bought this book of prayers, rather than the original book, because Stormie's books feel works/performance-oriented to me. The prayers still seem a bit works-ish to me, but I can deal with it, because of the trade-off of more ideas. The only other thing that bogged me down in this book was her switching back and forth of pronouns (he, she, etc) and having both pronouns used every time a pronoun was used. I a
Taryn
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one I will continue to go back through! The prayers were so good! They kind of help set the pace if you need help getting started with praying for your children- but what I loved was that the scriptures are included. I have always prayed scriptures over my kids and some of the ones used in this book I hadn't thought to before. I will definitely keep this close by as a reference at times, it has just about every circumstance you can think of, from how they obey parents, love God, eat, fri ...more
Leslie
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great guide to use to pray for your children. Omartian encourages prayer in areas that I wouldn't necessarily think about with scripture references, so it was helpful in that sense. There were a number of instances that the author made statements that had the sound of "if you pray, then it guarantees X, Y, Z results" or "if you would have prayed for your children, then they wouldn't have done X, Y, Z". I do not believe that to be biblically sound. But, if you remove that aspect, I thin ...more
Charity Russell
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-women
Love this book because #1 There are so many days when you just don't have the words in you to pray and this book does
#2 This author is not lengthy with a bunch of church words at the beginning of each chapter
Todd
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a solid book to help parents think about different ways and areas to pray for your children. I didn't always agree with some of the conclusions of the author, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and chalking that up to how brief each chapter is. It is difficult to pack a huge amount of theology into three or four pages. I recommend it for parents wanting to prayer more intentionally for their children.
Christi Ensberg
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This little prayer book is unbelievably good. So often I think people want to pray for their children and just don't know all of the different things we can pray about for them This book offers every way that I can think of of how to pray for our children. If we aren't praying for them, who is?! This is a great guide I will use all of my life. I LOVE this book and treasure it.
Karie Whitehead
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is so relevant or every parent. I am just going to re-read it over and over again until my son is grown....and then I'm going to get the power of praying for your adult children nook....it's that good!
Dennis Thurman
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It is the solemn duty of parents to pray for their children and here is a very practical aid in doing so.
Barbara
Apr 22, 2008 is currently reading it
I have just started reading this, but it was recommended for all parents, especially concerned parents.
Jb-stephanie Anglin
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
love it ~ still refer to it
Lisa
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith, general-family
I use this ever night lately. This is great for singling out a specific prayer request. Every topic is listed.
MichelleMarie
Aug 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all parents
Shelves: always-reading
a great guide for praying over the whole life of your child
Melissa
Not my style, I put it down about 50 pages in.
Jackie
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for parents who want to, or are currently praying over their children. All of Stormie's books are wonderful, relatable and helpful.
Russell
May 23, 2010 added it
Shelves: reference
parenting,Christianity,prayer
Tiffany
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Easy to flip through and do quick prayers or find the one you are need of at a specific time.
Yvonne
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Start now. Don't stop.
Danielle Decker
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book to have available for parents who are Christians and appreciate the helpful prayers that don't always naturally come to mind.
Lisa Wilkinson
excellent prayers for babies!
Julie
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terrific prayer guide to pray every month for my baby girl all the way until she's grown, or to refer back to when I want to pray about something more specifically or with related scriptures.
Julie
Feb 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Stormie teaches you how not to be alway worried about your kids and trust them into God's hands.
Tracy
Sep 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents
Short chapters...teaches you how to pray for your kids in very specific ways!
Vanessa
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!
Lamina
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I can use this book everyday!!
Ree Gatlin-Davis
Beyond Awesome prayers for your children!

I love this great book of prayer guidance for my children!!!!!!! It's a prayer that covers every area of your child's life
  • Mary Kay: You Can Have It All: Lifetime Wisdom from America's Foremost Woman Entrepreneur
  • Parenting is Heart Work
  • Hell's Best Kept Secret
  • Gospel-Powered Parenting, How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting
  • A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother
  • Straight Talk: Overcoming Emotional Battles with the Power of God's Word
  • Food Chaining: The Proven 6-Step Plan to Stop Picky Eating, Solve Feeding Problems, and Expand Your Child's Diet
  • Breaking the Islam Code: Understanding the Soul Questions of Every Muslim
  • Creative Correction: Extraordinary Ideas For Everyday Discipline
  • Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life
  • Better Late Than Early: A New Approach to Your Child's Education
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Motherhood
  • Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far
  • Parenting Beyond Your Capacity: Connect Your Family to a Wider Community (The Orange Series)
  • Safe in the Shepherd's Arms
  • Healing the Masculine Soul: How God Restores Men to Real Manhood
  • The Blessing
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray
“All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. ISAIAH 54:13” 0 likes