Start by marking “The Power of Focus” as Want to Read:
The Power of Focus

The Power of Focus

The No 1 reason that stops people from getting what they want is lack of focus. People who focus on what they want, prosper. Those who don't, struggle. In The Power of Focus you'll discover the specific focusing strategies used by the world's most successful men and women. Find out how to:

-Focus on your strengths and eliminate everything that is holding you back.
-Change ba
Published April 5th 2001 by Vermilion (first published March 1st 2000)

Start your review of The Power of Focus
Maliza4cambodia Maliza4cambodia
This is a must read for productivity.
Some take always
-Life doesn't just happen to you. It's all about choices and how you respond to every situation.
-The habits you develop from this day forward will ultimately determine how your future works out. Rich or poor. Healthy of unhealthy. Fulfilled or unfulfilled. Happy or u happy. It's your choice so choose wisely.
-Make a list of all the habits that keep you unproductive.
-Your habits and belief systems are a product of your environment.
-Study succe
Bilal Rajab
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I have read this book based on the recommendation of Ahmad Al Shugairi!

It is like a life strategy book, it's diverse, rich, and has good amount of planning exercises. It was a good read but I did like all parts!

Content is as follows:
1) Your habits will determine your future
2) It's not hocus-pocus, it's all about focus
3) Do you see the big picture?
4) Overcoming setbacks
5) Building excellent relationships
6) The confidence factor
7) Ask for what you want
8) Consistent persistence
9) Taking decisive ac
Greg
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I have owned this book for years and years. When I picked it up to read it most recently it looks like I got about 100 pages in. I started fresh from the beginning and made the goal to start and finish this time. I am a different person today than I was back when I picked up this book. Jack, Mark and Les are a good team to write a book that provides a teaching and often a story to reinforce. I read about a third of the book out loud with my wife and she enjoyed it even. My work day starts in 2
Anton Tomsinov
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Captain Obvious at his finest. E.g. get a whole chapter here about single truism “It is important to be punctual”. What else? Too American, too shallow, too primitive. And outdated too: goals are not a panacea, they can even be destructive for psychic. True happiness comes from enjoyment of every day, true efficiency is in establishing system, not setting one goal after another.
Joyce F
It was fine. And, nicely written. A wonderful pep-talk. If you don't get it, yet, about visualization, goal-setting, and gratititude: HELLO! Read this book. If you already get it: re-play one of your self-improvement audio tapes, and devote the reading time to stepping forward.
Irshad
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly Recommended.
Mark Villareal
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Focus is something each of us struggles with. Yet if we can embrace and utilize more effectively focus has tremendous power for us to drive personal and professional results as well as those around us.
Asungushe B.
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you want to create life-changing habits this is your book. I have read so many inspirational books but somehow this supersedes them all. Why? Spurred into running and daily/weekly planning from day one. All three authors are gurus in self-improvement and have shared with us their struggles, failures, and triumphs in a concise, readable, and engaging format. Every chapter ends with Action Steps that should help you actualize the concept discussed. There are charts, graphs, forms and methods yo ...more
Nada
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chapter one:
1-read one book every month in your field
2-interview successful person every month
3-you must have mental pep talk
4-change your unproductive habit

chapter two:
1-ask yourself: what do you do effortlessly, what do you do that other people find difficult ?
2-create your income from answering the question above.

chapter three:
1-when you write your goals "be more specific "
2-develop mentors

chapter four:
1-overcoming setbacks by creating list of 10 things will improve your situation
Betty
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read many similar books in the early 2000s and they were a launch pad for me to a new life. I set my mind on learning a language, going back to school and graduating, getting new and better paying jobs, etc. This is one of the books that kept me on track, gave me ideas and kept me going. It is not an easy path to turn one's life around, but once you start there is no stopping you. A great book if you're attempting to recharge your life and need a pep talk.
Alex
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This is a great guide for getting your act in order and focusing on your true priorities. I found this one book to be more useful than the handful of Brian Tracy books I've read. That's probably because I actually took the time to do the end-of-chapter exercises in The Power of Focus. This is one that I will come back to again and again in the years ahead. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to actually make something of themselves.
Christ Lewis
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was always a multi-tasker and I thought it would be fine as I could do many things at the same time. However, I didn't have a clear goal and didn't really know my direction. After reading this book, I found that being able to focus on what I really wanted in my life made me know what I should do each day to accomplish my goal. There are lots of strategies and tips in this book that actually help and they are not hard to follow at all.
Rosa Frei
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Superb! I already loved 'The Success Principles' by Jack Canfield, and this one is equally amazing. Very well written. A wonderfully uplifting book of how to live life self-determined or in his words 'On Purpose'.
Vicii
I read about half of this book. A lot of the content was ideas that I have already come across or was putting into practice anyway.

a useful read if you need it but not so much if you are already quite focussed
Dan Cooke
Dec 04, 2007 rated it liked it
At my last job in Hawaii we studied this book chapter by chapter as part of our weekly sales meetings. It is a bit dry, but with very good counsel on becoming a more focused and successful person.
Mahsa Saber
Nov 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't believe in these kind of statements.
Aizuddin Khalid
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book seems to be the knock on the head I was looking for.

It outlined 10 essential strategies to build success in managing our careers, finances, organization and even life. The strategies cover topics of Habits, Focus, Big Picture goals, Optimum Balance, Relationships, Confidence, Asking, "Consistent Persistence", Taking Decisive Action and Living On Purpose.

The practical takeaways are the critical questions to ask ourselves for each subject, the true preparation needed to and the possible
Muhammad Muhaddis
The power of Focus is important and must-read book for anyone who wants to succeed in anything. I enjoyed reading it and got the most out of it. This is an outstanding book shows you how to develop new skills in every part of life. It's an inspiring and practical book with Action steps at the end of every chapter which pushes you to implement what you learned. It's user-friendly and really easy to read. It not only covers the personal targets but also guides you to implement in the business as t ...more
Dmitry Loktev
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
The book contained no new ideas for me. It was in my reading list for quite a long so I decided to finally read it. It's written in a usual american self-help style: very brief sentences and paraghraphs, brief ideas that you able to capture in 3 seconds, no big lont-term semantic developments, lots of catch-phrases that look poor without a proper prior development.

Sriking example is a phrase about "all life is about choice". Meaning, there is no "I should" or "I must" in the world, but only peo
Reem
Solid 5 stars. Such a brilliant book. Before I indulge into my review, I'd like to state one thing, it wasn't what I'm looking for. I wanted a book about losing concentration and not living in the moment, but this book talks about success in general and how to focus your skills into shaping the life/business you thrive for. Despite that, it's highly informative and interesting.

This book contains numerous helpful strategies and it's written exceptionally well. What I loved the most that it's moti
Levent Bayindir
Aug 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
I decided that the achievers coaching program described in this book is one of good self-improvement programs. Although it is far from perfect, it added new concepts/connections to my understanding of self-improvement.

I liked the form in page 90. Many self-improvement programs lack some kind of flow chart of the overall program as in page 211. And i liked the concept of consistency circle in page 225.

The "problem solving questions" and the discussion on "ask and receive" are other parts of the b
JP
May 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was good, but not inspiring to me. I have read read quite a few books in this genre. I did take away some new ideas and would recommend it among others to someone looking for checkpoints against which to assess their progress in life. Most impressive on me personally was their perspective on habits ("Successful People Have Successful Habits" and "Your Habits will Determine Your Quality of Life"). I also took to heart the reinforcement about focusing on natural talents and trading that for o ...more
Tatiana
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very inspiring book with lots of life examples, practical pieces of advice and, what I've found the most attracting, interaction between the authors and the reader. Some of the issues, which were discussed, seems too faraway - like running a company. But things like procrastination - thanks God someone has solved this problem! well. at least has tried to do it)

Thinking about re-reading it 10 years later if something goes wrong with my career;)
Koby Bryan
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a "doing" book, which means that it explains the basics of cutting through the distractions in your life to discover what, how, and when to focus on the things that really matter through guided exercises. I really enjoyed the fact the book reiterated that it was a complete cyclic journey, and where you were on each one of the steps, so you could go back to a step for reference or to repeat.
Mary al amri
i like this book so much ,, it tought me how to be organized and how to make a balance in my life ,, am always read it wn i feel upset or under prusser
Marquita Herald
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Like many people, I'm a long time fan of Jack Canfield. I've read this book at least three times and refer back to it again and again.
Martin Braunton
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hugely useful motivational book that will impact all areas of your life, business or otherwise.

What I found useful:

1. Successful people have successful habits that create positive rewards.
2. Commit to change. Strive to improve.
3. Read books of successful people. Read each day to get ahead. When you strive to improve you build character.
4. Hone your skills: practice, practice, practice.
5. Focus on your priorities. Delegate.
6. Create goals that keep you awake at night. Align your values with your
IRONBLEWIS
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
VERY POWERFUL BOOK! This also has a ton of book references in the back so be sure to read all the way through.

But over all I'd call this book a great personal development/sales/entrepreneurship/success/how to live your best life-type book! I recommend this for anyone who's just as serious about finding their purpose and executing it as I am. This book is REAL. Now it's a 300 page book, so it's dense, but there are no dull pages, and in my opinion they do a fantastic job of reeling you in, holdi
Mike Lloyd
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: healthy-thinking
In my humble opinion, THE most important contribution to a person's happiness, beyond general good fortune, is how they think. If you are not currently on a journey to improve your happiness through improving how you think, then you might feel what I just said makes no sense at all. But if you are seeking greater contentment in your life, the most important skill to learn is how to effectively be the master of your thinking. This can ONLY be accomplished by reading books on the subject, or to a ...more
Sipho
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book aims to encourage readers to develop habits and actions that lead to career, business and relational success. Performance skills are broken down into step-by-step instructions with inspiring stories and examples, and each chapter ends with Action Steps.

Key Takeaways

Your habits will determine the quality of your life. The focusing strategies of successful people are:

1. Realising that habits determine your future

• The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story
  • Time Management from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule--and Your Life
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever
  • 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done
  • You'll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Personal Development for Smart People: The Conscious Pursuit of Personal Growth

Canfield received a BA in Chi

News & Interviews

“أحط نفسك تدريجيا بفريق من الطراز الأول من الأشخاص الذين سيجعلون حياتك بهيجة و سعيدة و غنية إلى أبعد حد. ابدأ على الفور ،،” 13 likes
“I think when you have big dreams you attract other big dreamers.” 7 likes