Start by marking “My Mother's Child” as Want to Read:
My Mother's Child

My Mother's Child

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
From bestselling author Abrams comes a riveting tale about a vulnerable woman who seeks solace in her church, and becomes the object of a dangerous stalker's affections.
Published March 1st 2010 by Urban

To ask other readers questions about My Mother's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mother's Child

Adrienna
It was an okay read, quite predictable, and wasn't fond of the ending. However I loved the author's previous work called divorcing the devil.

I plan to read her other book available in the library I work in and purchased a copy.

OOSA
Dec 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Testimonies

Lyric Stokes is married to a prominent doctor. Blessed beyond her means, she is able to devote her time to charities, while seeing to the day to day of her household. What Lyric wants more then anything is to be able to have another child. Her daughter, Autumn, is awesome, but it would be nice to have more children around.

Unbeknownst to Lyric and her loved ones, she has become the object of affection to a serial stalker. R. Nigel Fredericks, an art dealer, has become a thorn to the S
Karen
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book. This is the story of Michael and Lyric Stokes. Michael was a successful heart surgeon who took care of his family. Lyric was a bit lost because she did not have a sense of purpose. Lyric wanted to give her husband a son. After meeting Nigel Frederick; an art collector Lyric life changed. Lyric discovers that she’s pregnant. Michael and Lyric relationships is not want it should be, Michael is always working to provide for his family. Unconditional love is awesome.
Yalonda
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I think i was suppose to read another book before i read this one but it was good
Desiree Watson
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Lynn Stokes is being stalked. Her life becomes a nightmare when her and her doctor husband find this out. Sequel to Divorcing The Devil. Read: 2010.
Lisa Lacy
rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2011
Brittany Mosley
May 24, 2013
Dwan Abrams is the award-winning author of Divorcing the Devil, Only True Love Waits (winner of the 2007 Pen of the Writer POWER Award), The Scream Within and Favor (short story appearing in The Midnight Clear anthology). Her fourth novel, Married Strangers, will be released in December 2008.

She's the founder, publisher and executive director of Nevaeh Publishing, a small press independent publish
More about Dwan Abrams
“The light of God surrounds us. The love of God enfolds us. The power of God protects us. And the presence of God watches over us. Wherever we are, God is, and all is well.” 1 likes