Start by marking “Dekonstruksi Spiritual: Merayakan Ragam Wajah Spiritual” as Want to Read:
Dekonstruksi Spiritual: Merayakan Ragam Wajah Spiritual

Dekonstruksi Spiritual: Merayakan Ragam Wajah Spiritual

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  217 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
"I shall speak of ghost, of flame, and of ashes." These are the first words of Jacques Derrida's lecture on Heidegger. It is again a question of Nazism—of what remains to be thought through of Nazism in general and of Heidegger's Nazism in particular. It is also "politics of spirit" which at the time people thought—they still want to today—to oppose to the inhuman.

"Derrida
Published April 2002 by Jalasutra (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Dekonstruksi Spiritual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dekonstruksi Spiritual

Jonfaith
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theory
(That's what I like about Heidegger. When I think about him, when I read him, I'm aware of both of these vibrations at the same time. It's always horribly dangerous and wildly funny, certainly grave and a bit comical.)

That wonky Derrida, pulling an aside about the knee-slapping effects of Heidegger, especially in a text devoted to Martin H's involvement with Third Reich. That is brazen. The book deals with Heidegger's evasions and the changing forms with which the word spirit (geist) takes in He
Spoust1
I was about to write that Derrida's interpretation of Heidegger is interesting because Derrida is, in a sense, a Heideggerian. Then, the Derrida in me responded: "Is not the term 'Heideggerian' highly problematic? For to call a person or a text 'Heideggerian' presupposes that we can identify a particular quality that we might, in a gesture that I will not be so hasty as to call 'Heideggerian,' call 'Heideggerian-ness.' That is, in order to call something 'Heideggerian,' we would have to know som ...more
Mr.
Oct 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The question of Heidegger and politics has plagued (and will continue to plague) continental philosophy since Heidegger's induction into the Recktorship under the Nazi regime in the thirties.

Why did he? But, and perhaps more importantly, why does something like Nazism come up? What is it about the West that breeds this kind of pathological racism? And how could Heidegger, for all his time concerned with, and working on authenticity and inauthenticity get swept up in the most inauthentic politic
Ammon
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Essential for anyone wanting to understand how to treat the relationship between Heidegger's philosophy and his national socialism seriously. Also crucial for understanding the ontological themes in deconstruction. One of Derrida's most sustained considerations of Heidegger, whose work shows up in subtle and ambiguous ways in all of Derrida's texts.Also crucial for understanding the complexities of post-modernisms ambivalence towards humanism.
David Markwell
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Derrida looks at the explicit (and implicit) uses of Geist in Heidegger's writings from Being and Time through the late works on Trakl and Holderlin. Along the way Derrida criticizes Heidegger's Dasein and it's (lack) of animal nature. A really fascinating read and well worth the time it takes.
William Durden
This is another Derrida work, like Politics of Friendship, that I need to re-read. There is a very important moment in a footnote to the ninth chapter that I base my impressions of this work on, which just emphasizes how little of this I actually retained in reading it.
William
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what happened?
Alex Obrigewitsch
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read, eliciting much thought. Far from Derrida's strongest, most powerful works though.
Barış Özgür
questioning the question, the famous heideggerian remedy, questioning the questioning this time. and of course some sticky stink arises while it is applied on itself and by itself.
Christopher Gontar
Jul 11, 2013
  • Identity and Difference
  • Emmanuel Levinas: Basic Philosophical Writings (Studies in Continental Thought)
  • The Time That Remains: A Commentary On The Letter To The Romans (Meridian)
  • Philosophy in a Time of Terror: Dialogues with Jürgen Habermas and Jacques Derrida
  • Parables for the Virtual: Movement, Affect, Sensation
  • Language, Counter-Memory, Practice: Selected Essays and Interviews
  • The Logic of Sense
  • The Purloined Poe: Lacan, Derrida, and Psychoanalytic Reading
  • Political Theology: Four Chapters on the Concept of Sovereignty
  • Meeting the Universe Halfway: Quantum Physics and the Entanglement of Matter and Meaning
  • A Singular Modernity: Essay on the Ontology of the Present
Jacques Derrida was the founder of “deconstruction,” a way of criticizing not only both literary and philosophical texts but also political institutions. Although Derrida at times expressed regret concerning the fate of the word “deconstruction,” its popularity indicates the wide-ranging influence of his thought, in philosophy, in literary criticism and theory, in art and, in particular, architect ...more
More about Jacques Derrida...