Start by marking “The Undead World of Oz: L. Frank Baum's the Wonderful Wizard of Oz Complete with Zombies and Monsters” as Want to Read:

One day, on a peaceful farm in Kansas, a tornado appeared. The storm raged and ripped the house from the ground. Inside sat a little girl named Dorothy and her dog Toto. The house spun. The winds roared. The tornado showed no mercy, until . . . The house landed in a strange and magical land called Oz. But that's where the fairytale ends and the nightmare begins. The Wicked ...more
Published September 21st 2009 by Coscom Entertainment (first published September 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Undead World of Oz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undead World of Oz

Ashley
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies, ya
Ok, so I haven't read the original, so all my comparisons would be based on the Judy Garland film. I thought it was good. Strangely, I think this author did a much better job of incorporating zombies into Oz, than Seth Grahame-Smith did into Meryton. The stories relied on each other and the original work was changed in order for the two to make sense together. Ryan Thomas took some creative liberties with Baum's classic as he well should have in order to create a new piece of literature. Yes, ad ...more
Rose
Oh, "The Undead World of Oz", you slay me. Literally and figuratively. I honestly didn't know how I wanted to start off this review, so I figured I'd go with my gut reaction following my read of this book. I feel torn because on one hand I want to say this was a good read, but I couldn't help but feel like I've "been there, done that" reading this. (This is coming from someone who loves reading reinterpretations of classic works - just that I didn't expect that I'd be reading an almost word-for- ...more
Michael
Dec 17, 2009 rated it did not like it
I'm going to be blunt here; The Undead World of Oz by Frank L. Baum and Ryan C. Thomas did nothing for me. After having read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I thought was an interesting concept (even if it didn't work for me), my curiosity was piqued by a similar approach to the Wizard of Oz. Would it work better, being that it is already a fantasy? Alas, it turned out to be as big a disappointment as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. To me, if you have read one, you've read them all.

As I
Ana Sandoval g
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hokulani
Apr 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
This book wasn't what I expected, rather boring and uneventful. I don't recommend it but if you must, its a quick read so the pain won't last very long. This is my personal opinion, you don't have to agree.
Renae
Meh.

Not as entertaining as I thought it would be.

There's more to zombies than bloody fighting, but I guess Thomas doesn't think so. This could have been great but he went for the gore factor and neglected some much more interesting elements.

Just...meh.
Stephanie
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Entertaining little mashup with Dorothy and her traveling friends meeting up with the undead.......definitely humorous!
Wayne's
May 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Im more than a little over these horror rewrites. A funny clever idea that has been done well and not so well and a certain point maybe we can just let it go!!!!
Bonnie
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I would recommend this book. I never read the original. This book was a fast read but it stayed interesting from the beginning to the end.
Jay D
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
It was an amusing read definitely not the most serious read but with a title like The Undead World of Oz i didn't quite expect it to be, id say give it a read. You'll probably be content with it.
Victoria Lupton
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very fun and easy read.
Misfit
Mar 05, 2010 marked it as will-never-read
Shelves: monster-mash
Oh. My. God.
Nicole Draeger
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
You know, I thought I'd love this considering Wizard of Oz is my all-time five book & movie, & zombies of course! But it's less than stellar :(
Jeffrey Newman
Nov 13, 2011 rated it liked it
This was just okay. Wish there were more zombies in the story. Too much like the original story.
Michelle
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Changed the story too much. But it okay
Bridgette
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
this was a very good book. I enjoyed it so much even though it was a very easy, simple read. the simplicity of it would be its only downfall but it was easy to get past.
Ludenelle Michel
Joshua Drury
Sep 14, 2010

• Robin Hood & Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers
  • I am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas
  • Emma and the Werewolves: Jane Austen's Classic Novel with Blood-Curdling Lycanthropy
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Undead
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Zombie Jim
  • Boleyn Tudor Vampire
  • The War of the Worlds: H.G. Wells's Classic Plus Blood, Guts and Zombies
  • Mansfield Park and Mummies: Monster Mayhem, Matrimony, Ancient Curses, True Love, and Other Dire Delights
  • Henry VIII: Wolfman
  • Grave Expectations
  • Emma and the Vampires
  • Little Vampire Women
  • Alice in Zombieland
  • Romeo  Juliet  Vampires
  • Little Women and Werewolves
  • Shakespeare Undead (Shakespeare Undead, #1)
  • Vampire Darcy's Desire: A Pride and Prejudice Adaptation
  • Wuthering Bites
I am the author of the novels The Summer I Died, Ratings Game, Born to Bleed, Salticidae, Undead World of Oz, Hissers and more. I hope to learn a lot from the readers on this site, and get some good book recs in the process. Thanks!