Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 28: Wyper the Berserker (One Piece, #28)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 28: Wyper the Berserker (One Piece, #28)

One Piece, Volume 28: Wyper the Berserker (One Piece #28)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  1,985 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The Straw Hat pirates embark on a plan to become superrich. They just have to find the hidden treasure in El Dorado, the lost city of gold, and then make a getaway on their ship. But unknown terrors lurk around every corner of this island paradise known as Skypiea, including a tyrant named Eneru who enjoys making a game of death!
Published January 5th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 28, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 28

Frahorus
Sarò sincero: i combattimenti che ci sono in tutti i volumi di One Piece, stanno diventando più o meno ripetitivi e monotoni. Nel senso che ormai sappiamo e ti aspetti che quando arriva un nuovo nemico la prima cosa che accadrà è uno scontro con uno o due della ciurma di Cappello di Paglia. Ovvio che ogni nemico è diverso, ha diversi poteri, in questo caso sono le guardie del corpo del falso dio elettrico, ma la solfa è la medesima. I disegni sono sempre ottimi, ma ripeto questo albo mi ha annoi ...more
Yaiza
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
acción acción acción YAAAAAS
Thelma
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The fighting start. It's good that most of it goes fast because this arc is not my fave. Still, we get some pretty cool moments ^^
Austin Gullett
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, there are two things I want to draw attention to: (1) I LOVE the emphasis on history and ancestry in this chapter; (2) Eneru is a pompous butt and an interesting villain. So, first, I like that we have both Wiper and the Shandians, and Robin to discuss the importance of protecting and understanding history. We get a better sense of Robin's professional skills and of her values. Again, the Native American parallels are heavy-handed, but this volume adds more nuance into that analogy. In respo ...more
Rolando Marono
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shonen-manga
The good:
-Short but entertaining battles.
-Great scene with Chopper.
-The mistery of the ruins and what Nico Robin really is behind, starts to unraveling just a tiny bit.
-God Enel is more interesting every volume it passes.

The bad:
-There are some issues with the rhythm.
-The story is moving really really slowly.
-The priestess from Enel are not very interesting and their habilities aren't attractive.
-The "dials" are not as good as the Devil Fruits.
Jared Emry
The conflict continues. History stirs up unrest once again and forces across the island convene. The importance of the little bit of earth in the sky to both peoples become increasingly clear. Land is precious.
Silver
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monkey D. Luffy canta como un ángel.
Su voz es tan bella que hasta Enel habría caído rendido a sus pies si no lo hubieran detenido.
Por eso jamás lo dejaron terminar la canción y por eso nunca más volvió a cantar.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume in the series so far.
Nathália
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
queria que o arco fosse mais focado nos shandians e no meu crush waipa (wiper) no q nesse enel q pra mim é um chato. mas enfim...
Iria
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
Tanta pelea se disfruta mejor en el anime.
Nicolás Pinto
La tensión aumenta a grandes pasos. El manejo del ritmo y la trama de Oda Sensei es monumental.
Skjam!
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shounen manga fans
Recommended to Skjam! by: Shounen Jump
See my review of volume 27. Also check out my review blog at http://www.skjam.com for more manga reviews!
Marilag
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kurami Rocket
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This vol was quite the enjoyable read. The vol was full of fighting, and though the fighting was almost non stop and lasted the entire vol, it was still enjoyable to read. I really liked how the crew's opponents used really good and differing strategies to battle and try to win. It was also very enjoyable to see each of the crew members fighting and they themselves, using good strategy as well. What I especially liked was how Nami actually won against an opponent! U go Nami!

Also it's revealed w
Novia
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anna
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Its kinda like Alubarna all over again: all the participating parties (StrawHats, Shandians, God & his military, Priests etc) gathered in once place & split up into different groups, there's a sketchy time limit & everyone is heading for a relatively same location while beating the crap out of any other they happen to run into
Jeffrey
A whole lotta fighting in a three way battle between the Kami's forces, the Shandians, and the crew of the Merry-Go

Not very exciting to be honest. But a great graphic describing just how lousy the crew of the Merry-Go are at getting to a destination and Chopper's fight against one of the Kami's lieutenants make this volume worthwhile.

S. J.
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
This one is a bit disjointed with the POV jumping from battle to battle.

Chopper finally gets a moment. However, our other group finally meets Eneru...duh duh duuuuh!

We finally learn about fighting with dials, which is really cool.

Love Nico Robin with her protecting history. Best part of the book.
Joy
Feb 23, 2010 rated it it was ok
The gang splits up, and the three way battle for the Upper Yard commences. I wish this setup reminded me less of the Alabasta arc (the Shandians remind me a lot of the rebels in Alabasta). That said, I totally cracked up at the diagram explaining precisely how the members of the Gold Team went in their individual directions.
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans, Shounen Manga fans, Adventure fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
This volume starts off with Chapter 256: War Demon Waipa

I'll write more when my editing mode hits.
Happy Readings!
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Intense.. :)
Pato Myers
A quick and adventurous read.
Dru
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Straw Hats battle through the forest in Skypiea.
Sara
fight is still going on, it's getting really tense now.
Can't wait to see how all of this ties up!
Qing
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, manga
[Read this on MangaPanda]
Tsering
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At this point 'One Piece' has history, science and geography and above all war!
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tahun 2005.
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 13 (Fairy Tail, #13)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 8: Taopaipai and Master Karin (Dragon Ball, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 48: The Cheering Village (Naruto, #48)
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 15 (Vampire Game, #15)
  • Bleach, Volume 28