Start by marking “Carnal Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)” as Want to Read:
Carnal Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)

Carnal Sin (Seven Deadly Sins #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  905 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Santa Louisa is still reeling from the lethal rampage of the demon Envy, one of the Seven Deadly Sins released from Hell by black magic. The fiendish entity was finally trapped, but when more bodies bearing satanic marks surface in Los Angeles, demon hunter Moira O’Donnell fears the terror has only just begun.

Racing to L.A., Moira discovers that the City of Angels is fast
Published June 22nd 2010 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Carnal Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnal Sin

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: "Deny all you want, convince yourself that I will settle for only one night. But the way I feel for you isn't fleeting. It's not a whim. It's certainly not supernatural It's my heart. It beats for you, Moira."

It's been 2 weeks since the demon Envy-one of the Seven Deadly Sins- wrecked deadly havoc on Santa Louisa. The demon has been contained but now the order is getting reports of bodies turning up in LA bearing the same satanic marks. Demon hunters Moira and Rafe both fear that
Darren L.
Jul 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
The first one (Original Sin) was so-so. Not great but ok. This one was actually better, and I'm not sure why. One caveat: read the first one or you'll be lost. Even if it was blah at times, chaotic at others, you'll need it to understand this one. And if you don't like Buffy the Vampire Slayer genre, just don't bother at all. This is Buffy/Anita thriller romance fiction -- witches, ghouls, ghosts, demons, and more demons. Still, I give it a B-. I'm hanging in there and plan to read the whole ser ...more
Darcy
Jul 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, pnr
This book was by far better than the first one, you have the players down and understand the world better so things don't have to be over explained. This time around we are dealing with "Lust" as the sin du jour, so that makes for lots of interesting things going on. We also get to learn more in depth of the St. Michael's group and in particular Moria and Rafe. The final reveal will bring interesting things to come, and I have a suspicion on just what is going on with him.
Anna
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's been two weeks since the coven and Envy reeked havoc on Santa Louisa. Moria is dealing with nightmares, visions and wondering what sin will be unleashed next. She can no long feel her mother, the evil Fiona. Being clueless on that front has her on the edge also. But it isn't long before Moira learns that Lust has set up shop in L.A. and it's taking no prisoners.

This is only the second time I've read a book by Allison Brennan. As with the first book, the second has also blown me away. Carnal
Susan
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
What's up with the drivel in the beginning of her books? Once again, it took me a while to immerse myself in the story.

Here we are at book 2, Envy has been contained in book 1 and now we are onto Lust — bad demon number 2 out of the 7. The series is getting better and the killings are tallying up. The evil players is on a constant one step ahead of the St. Michael's group, so one point for the evil guys.

More of Anthony hostility, goodness, I think I'm actually getting tired of this character.
Sharon
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
I struggled reading this book, felt like I was wading in deep, muddy waters. Admittedly I haven't read the first book yet, so that might partially explain it. Found it very hard going, had to re-read many sections to make sense of it all, and found the characters a bit vaguely defined.
Jul 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Not sure -- It was a quick read for me, enjoyable enough for a guilty pleasure, but there are issues with the set-up (only Catholics are equipped to fight the immense evil) and the snippy attacks on Wiccans.
Andrea Hussey
Aug 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Katie
Aug 22, 2015 rated it liked it
This novel was something else that's for sure.  It wasn't a bad novel, but it wasn't a great one either.  It's somewhere in between them, but I'm not real sure it's equally between them either.  I loved the fact that Rafe and Moria finally got together.  That made the novel for me just because I was so happy that she finally admitted her feelings.  I mean it's only the second novel, but she obviously had feelings for him.  The lead detective on the case is quite a character himself, plus all the ...more
Anne
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carnal Sin is the second book in the Seven Deadly Sins series and it was simply awesome, the only thing that disappoints me is that I have to wait for the third book now to find out what happens next.

Carnal Sin was all I hoped it would be and so much more, it easily surpassed Original Sin as the characters continue to develop and learn more of what they really face on their journey to destroy the evil unleashed on the world.

I totally loved the indepth and well researched details in the book re
Booknerd
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
A fan of Allison Brennan, I was pleased for the most part with the second entry in the Seven Deadly Sins series. There was fast paced suspense and non-stop action throughout the book which held my attention. CARNAL SIN took a lot more time to focus in on the romance this time around and the love scenes between Rafe and Moira were spicy. The one thing I had trouble with was the constant need for Nina Hardwick, one of the staff attorneys for the Board of Supervisors to introduce her job title in a ...more
Barbara ★
This is a continuation of events from Original Sin only this time the gang is searching for Lust. Of course Lust is in a night club in Los Angeles where sex is readily available and lust is rampant (among other things).

I do find it suspect that Moira and Rafe are madly in love after only two weeks acquaintance. I still dislike Rico and well, the whole Order really though I do applaud their end goal. I'll follow the gang on to their next adventure in Mortal Sin.
Kristy
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kristy by: michelle
Shelves: wishlist-books
Silver James
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
While this book started off slow, Brennan soon found her pacing. Known for her mystery thrillers and crime novels with the occasional paranormal twist, Brennan's newest foray into the cross-over genre of urban crime fantasy is an interesting experiment that works on many levels. CARNAL SIN "fell into my lap" before the first book in this new series, ORIGINAL SIN. I will be going back to read to the first book and the next five books to be released are definitely on my radar. If a reader is looki ...more
Adelaine Pek
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think I am more inclined towards this book in the series because of the demon, Lust. I particularly liked what this sin stands for (though it does not necessarily reflect my lifestyle). This second book was actually better; maybe because the players are laid out now and the world is better understood so things don’t have to be over explained? Though you definitely must read the first one or you will be lost.

Click here for full review: https://adelainepekreviews.wordpress....
Sheree
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
An interesting concept, that although still deals with the supernatural, it has stayed away from the market flood of vampire stories that are present at the moment. It started off a little slow but when the action started to build the story really got going. I am wondering two things though 1) What did Fiona do to Rafe? 2) and who is Moira's fathers? I have a feeling that that will be a key piece of the story in books to come. Overall I enjoyed the book and can't wait for the next one to be rele ...more
Amanda
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I had high expectations for this book thanks to Original Sin. Halfway through this book I thought I would love it, but for me the end came up short. Also considering the book is called Carnal Sin and deals with the deadly sin of lust I was expecting a bit more steaminess to the sex scenes but even those I found were lacking compared to Brennan's other works. It was an ok read, it kept my attention. Although I'm kind of annoyed that the publisher dropped the series before it could finish.
Erica
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Why must authors get you so involved in their stories only to make you wait for the next book in the series? This book has Moira, Rafe, Skye, and Anthony searching for the next deadly sin...........Lust. Where they end up and who crosses their path in this story may surprise the reader. I really like how Allison Brennan entwines characters from the first book into this book. She proves the world can be a very small place.
Kristi
Loved it! Wow talk about sexy! Not used to Allison Brennan being so sinful in a book, but she knocked it out of the park and then some. Moira and Rafe are back this time to go after the demon Lust, but they get alot more than they bargain for. I finished this story very quickly and actually mourned a little when I was finished. I have been waiting a year for this book to come out and it did not disappoint. A++++
Noelle Walsh
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
First, I have to get this out of the way: read the first book or else you will be hopelessly lost. The first book provides the necessary back story and details that you need in order to really understand this one.

Now the review: I found this to be a great continuation of the series. When I was done, I was wanting more. I can only hope I get my hands on the next installment (if there is one at the moment) soon so I can read more of this series.
Fez
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Fez by: Kim
I was a bit disappointed with Carnal Sin. Original Sin had set my expectations a little too high I think as I thoroughly enjoyed it. Carnal Sin however just didnt draw me in. There were bits where I couldnt put it down, but for the most part I was just waiting for it to hurry up. For me, Rafe saves it.
Brianna
Jul 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
La La
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this series. It gave me every emotion I could think of. Fustration, the need to kick someones a$#, happiness when the hero and heroine get together and sadness. I can not wait until the next book in the series. This series is the first books I ever read from this author and I plan on checking into her other novels.
Mrs. Badass
Feb 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
3.75/5
Interesting. I like the direction Allison is taking the series. It could be gut wrenching for Rafe and Moira. Rico as well. I really dislike Anthony. For a man of God, he does not know the meaning of Forgiveness nor that he should not be so rash to judge. My goodness, he is holding onto to spite. I wanted to slap him upside the head. Especially at the end.

Rebecca Jane
May 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I really liked this book even though it's pretty different from the books i usually read. The people are older then what i'm used to. I glad Moira and Rafe got together (finally). Can't wait for the next one :D
Lauren
When it comes down to it, this book was just ok. Perhaps I was just really frustrated with the fluffy sex scenes, or maybe I just sarcastically read too much into battling the Lust demon. I don't know. I kind of liked it, and I kind of didn't.
Jennifer Atkinson
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book made me feel so many different emotions it wasnt even funny. I was shocked considering it wasn't a Christine Feehan or Sherrilyn Kenyon novel. I usually stick strictly with those authors, but Allison Brennan is great!!
Natalie Herzer
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just like 'Original Sin' I really enjoyed this book. Back to 'basic' good against evil. Human nature. The story is fast-paced and action-packed, with just the right pinch of romance and wit.
Moira is a strong heroine, that shows us: our actions define us, not birth.
Sharon
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Fiction, religion, witchcraft, family matters, friendship, love, semi erotic relationships...this book has all of these things. Just when you think you have it figured out, there is a twist. A definate good sign of great writing.
Katey
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I'm not an overly huge fan of the paranormal, but once I got into it, this book was easier to finish. If Allison Brennan publishes more Deadly Sins books, I will surely read them. I love the romance and the mystery, not to mention the suspense. All of Brennan's books have been good.
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
  • Unchained (The Dark Forgotten, #3)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • The Actor's Guide To Murder (A Jarrod Jarvis Mystery #1)
  • Chicago Lightning (Nathan Heller Short Stories, Volume 3)
  • Hollywood Hellraisers: The Wild Lives and Fast Times of Marlon Brando, Dennis Hopper, Warren Beatty, and Jack Nicholson
  • Bound By Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #2)
  • The Case of the Sun Bather's Diary
  • The Magic of Blood
  • Enemy Mine (L.O.S.T., #2)
  • Delta Girls
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Casual Hex (Hex, #3)
  • Sins of the Soul (The Sins Series, #2)
  • Hunter
  • Out of Sight (Court of Angels #3)
  • Abandon the Night (Envy Chronicles, #3)
  • Succubus in the City (Succubus, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

Allison has penned more than two dozen thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” RT also said that "The Lu
More about Allison Brennan

Seven Deadly Sins (3 books)
  • Original Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Mortal Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust. —JOHN WEBSTER Grant” 1 likes