Start by marking “Troubled Hearts” as Want to Read:
Troubled Hearts

Troubled Hearts

Desperate to escape her estranged husband and a home enshrouded with death and despair, Julia flees in the middle of the night. Little does she know that her determined husband is in pursuit. Along the journey, she discovers a telling revelation. But will it be enough to banish the ghosts of the past and soothe her troubled heart?
Published 2008 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Troubled Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troubled Hearts

Heidi
I have to give it five stars for the mini whirlwind. How one author can draw you in and make you adore characters in 15 pages is beyond me. I WANT THE WHOLE STORY:). LOVED the ending!
Julianna
Apr 19, 2011 Julianna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet E-Book Quickies, Reunion Theme
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Troubled Hearts is a sweet little e-book novella about a husband and wife who have drifted apart and become estranged due to a tragedy in their lives, but whose love for one another prevails to bring them back together. As with most short stories like this I couldn't help wanting to know more. How did Julia and Richard meet and fall in love? What were their lives like up until the event that put distance between them? I also found myself curious about Julia's life-long fr
M.M. Roethig
Jul 12, 2011 M.M. Roethig rated it really liked it
This is a very simple read, but very sweet. While set back in the old english times this is a problem many couples find themselves struggling with in modern times. I would love to have a more in depth look at the characters to watch the development in their lives through their trials that ulitmatly lead up to this "book" and how their lives change after. But all in all, this was a very sweet reminder of how love without communication and forgiveness can lead to heartache and despair.
Sandy
Sep 20, 2013 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Donna is the short story master. She creates these character I care about and want to cheer for in just a few pages, where some authors take half a book to accomplish that. I just wish this was longer because I can't ever get enough of Donna's writing!
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
So this was a short (15 page) ebook. Its hard to rate these properly because they are just too short. I liked the story, and think it would make a good full-length novel. Enjoyable for what it was, but these short stories always leave me wanting more.
Ashley
Mar 24, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!! Absolutely captivating! I can't believe it was so short! However, I'm thankful that it was. I can't stand 300pg books that are based on the lack of communication or based on miscommunication. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. :)
Teya Peck
Jul 21, 2012 Teya Peck rated it it was amazing
HOLY COW!!!! That was the quickest intense reading I've think i've ever read! I mean quickest it took me about a half hour or less. I wanted more. Now i"m prepared for the other short one though. I'll see if it's as quick and intense.
Melissa
Mar 19, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romances
Very sweet and heart wrenching! If only couples communicated more. This was a very short read which is my only complaint. 16 pages! I needed more but, it was great.
Tina Summers
Jan 21, 2017 Tina Summers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written emotive short story

As others have said, a short yet sweet story. I enjoyed it while waiting to put the kids to bed!
Tara
Oct 03, 2011 Tara rated it really liked it
This is a short read but perfect for a waiting room or just a few minutes to yourself!
Rachel
Nov 26, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
Nice story, but far too short :(
Cici
Jul 29, 2013 Cici rated it liked it
Way too short. More of a character sketch.
Rachael Dorronsoro
Jul 28, 2011 Rachael Dorronsoro rated it really liked it
This book was way too short. I just got to knowing a little about the characters and the book has ended.
Jan 15, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
sweet story
Shanna Bridegan
May 22, 2013 Shanna Bridegan rated it liked it
Shelves: regency-romances
Love her writing, but it was so short!
Haley
Haley rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Frank H. Deery
Frank H. Deery rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2017
Valerie Steimle
Valerie Steimle rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2010
william t butts
william t butts rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2017
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Monique
Monique rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Shale
Shale rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Margaret Broszeit
Margaret Broszeit rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2017
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Megann and Dustin Heath
Megann and Dustin Heath rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Mary G
Mary G rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Diana Kubie
Diana Kubie rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2014
Kelvin
Kelvin rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
2072970
Donna Hatch is the award-winning author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series” and is published in sweet Regency romance and fantasy. Her professional memberships include Romance Writers of America (RWA)and American Night Writers Association (ANWA). A sought-after workshop presenter, she juggles freelance editing, multiple volunteer positions, not to mention her six children (seven, counting he ...more
More about Donna Hatch...