Start by marking “Judgement and Wrath (Joe Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Judgement and Wrath (Joe Hunter, #2)

Judgement and Wrath

(Joe Hunter #2)

Joe Hunter doesn't like bullies. He really doesn't like men who abuse women. So protecting Bradley Jorgenson from a professional hitman is not Joe's dream job. Contract killer Dantalion takes his work very seriously. He has a talent for killing and a book in which he obsessively numbers each of his victims.
Published 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Judgement and Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judgement and Wrath

Maddy
Jun 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010-reads, bottoms
PROTAGONIST: Joe Hunter, former military operative
SETTING: Florida
SERIES: #2 of 2
RATING: 2.25

Joe Hunter is a former military operative who takes on freelance assignments to solve people’s problems. He has been hired by Richard Dean to snatch his daughter, Marianne, away from her rich but abusive boyfriend, Bradley Jorgenson. But Joe soon encounters a glitch—Marianne is quite happy with Bradley and unwilling to leave him. As Joe soon discovers, there is someone that wants Bradley dead. All Joe c
Ed
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jack Reacher fans
If you dig the larger than life male action heroes, then Judgment and Wrath should be right in your wheelhouse. On occasion, I like the escapism as I did here. Tough guy Joe Hunter and his pal Rink are a pair of ex-commando partners who're hired to do troubleshooting for their clients. This time around they take on a religious nut job who calls himself Dantalion. There are lots of chase scenes between the stuff blowing up, and the body count rises fast. At times, you may roll your eyes at Hunter ...more
Speesh
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, crime, adventure
He seems unlucky, that Joe Hilton. Two books in and two psychopathic serial murderers on his ass. Funny how the super-mad killers seem to be making a bee-line for Joe Hunter. How unlucky is that?! Ah, yes, but this one is actually a contract killer, or Contract Killer, I never know if these things should have caps or not. I suppose you ain’t gonna set it on your CV, or look it up as a job description in the newspaper, so maybe not, but anyway…

Joe Hunter is now seemingly established in the good o
Pamela Small
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Action packed and riveting, yes! However, not as enthralling as the first in the series. Additionally, my suspension of disbelief was overtaxed. One can accept the unbelievable if it is just that: possibly believable. No can do for this novel. A civilian running point in an FBI raid? No way. Surviving -and physically functioning - after a serious( deadly) car crash and fall from a 100 foot bridge? No way. Another frustrating element: no explanation how the client found the killer or the middle m ...more
Toni Osborne
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the Joe Hunter Thriller Series

If you are a thriller seeker and love high octane stories there is nothing like a romp through the pages with protagonist Joe Hunter. The style follows pretty much the same format as its prequel "Dead Men's Dust" providing the reader with plenty of action, lots of shooting, endless chases and testosterone at its best. The main characters are Joe Hunter and his sidekick Jared Rington (Rink), two professional investigators with an army background and one ve
Amy Lignor
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Joe Hunter is both an interesting and very dangerous character; we are talking about a real tough guy with a serious heart of gold. In this tale, Joe and his business partner/friend, Jared Rington—who operate a private investigation business in Tampa, Florida—have been asked by a client to bring his daughter home.

The father, Richard Dean, says that Marianne is being held captive by millionaire Bradley Jorgenson. He also maintains that his daughter is being abused by said millionaire and backs h
Patricia
Oct 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Judgement & Wrath is the second book in Matt Hilton’s series featuring Joe Hunter and his friend Jason Rington. Rington a/k/a Rink has his headquarters in Florida. Rink has a private investigation service and Joe is currently his partner in that business.

Joe meets with Richard Dean and accepts a retainer for what Joe and Rink figure will be an easy job. Richard wants his daughter Marianne brought home. Marianne is living with Bradley Jorgensen, a Miami playboy. Joe is shown a picture of Mari
Graziano
Joe Hunter is hired by Richard Dean who wants to keep his daughter safe from her abusive boyfriend, but the truth is different and to complicate the story a fallen angel, Dantalion, intervenes.

The narration follows an usual action plot with gun fires, car chasing, and all still alive, with a lot of scratches, until the end.
The best parts of the book are the changing of point of views between Joe Hunter and Dantalion, when the same action is viewed from different angles.
The characters are just s
PamG
This book is action-packed. There is plenty of violence and there is little to no main character development. This is all about the action and bringing down an assassin.
Amr Mokhtar
Judgement And Wrath
By Matt Hilton

The story takes place in Florida. The story starts when Joe Hunter ,the main character whose job is to protect people but he never kills, meets a worried Father ,Richard Dean, in a bar. Richard Dean is worried about his daughter ,Marianne, and wants her to go home. She is in an abusive relationship with Bradley Jorgenson. Bradley Jorgenson is watched by Danatalion ,a hired killer who is professional in killing and always changes his appearance when he kills some
Miles
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Judgement & Wrath is the second book in Matt Hilton’s Joe Hunter series and my third review of the action series. Having reviewed Cut and Run (Joe Hunter #4) and Dead Men’s Dust (Joe Hunter #1) I set about reading Hilton’s second captivating instalment.

Once again the narrative is written from a first person point of view (Joe Hunter) and third person narrative (Dantalion the hitman); this is without doubt Matt Hilton’s trade mark along with the non-stop action that lies within.

I didn’t find
Book Addict Shaun
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2013
This book had one of the most action packed and enjoyable openings I have ever read. I read the first 70 pages, took a five minute break and then ended up reading up to page 207. The characters and stories jump off the page and you really feel as if you are part of the action and the story. I liked Joe Hunter in Dead Men's Dust, I loved him in Judgement and Wrath. I can see Hunter becoming a favourite fictional character of mine.

I enjoyed the story in this book and the action did not let up unt
Iain
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A great second novel from a a writer who deserves far more recognition than he's already got. On the basis of the two I've read I'd put him up there with Stephen Leather and Lee Child - though Child *just* nudges it as the Reacher books are insanely good.

Joe Hunter is a great lead character. The background given to him in Dead Man's Dust has been fleshed out a bit in this second novel, and the addition of a character biography at the back is a little like the aforementioned Reacher novels. Other
Vicious
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was my first encounter with Joe Hunter, and I know it won't be my last!

The story in "Judgement and Wrath" grabs the reader right from the start, and takes them at a breakneck pace as the "Fixer" with his modified SIG Sauer races against the clock to protect the innocent, and make sure the bad guys get their due.

I enjoyed the hard-headed ethic of Joe, sticking to his "results by any means necessary", even when that means showing a somewhat ugly side. In one way, there's a lust for violence o
Jo
Apr 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hunter is asked to protect a young woman from a supposed abusive boyfriend and finds himself entangled in a case involving a deluded hitman who thinks he's Dantalion, a Fallen Angel. Very exciting page turner and I'm glad to see that my faith in the author from his first book has been confirmed as this is a definite improvement from Dead Men's Dust. Hilton is a writer to watch.
Andy
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second in the series of Joe Hunter novels.
A fantastic read if you like thrillers as is very hard to put down once you pick it up.
There are comparisons with Jack Reacher, but in my opinion, Joe Hunter is much better.
This book is my particular favourite of Matt`s along with Blood and Ashes.
I am looking forward to Dead Mens Harvest, the latest addition to the series.
Tyson Adams
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I took a chance on this book, I knew nothing of Matt Hilton when I bought this. I have been rewarded with a really well written thriller that kept the pace up nicely. I literally plowed through the pages.

If you like your thrillers then you will love this book.
Mark
Oct 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This my 2nd in this series...the hero, Joe Hilton is a low-rent Jack Reacher in comparison to a series I await breathlessly...entertaining and fulfilling enough to be a stop-gap between Child's books...I will continue the series
Elena
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like Lee Child and his character Jack Reacher try UK Author Matt Hilton and meet his character Joe Hunter! Great Read...
David
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Typically fast and furious from this author, very enjoyable.
David
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
better than the first book by far.
Nina
Jan 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another amazing page turner from Matt.
Eve_gabardino
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those stories where you can imagine the main character being played by Bruce Willis in an action flick. Great protagonist who is easy to like, and a story-line which moves at a fast pace and keeps the reader hooked. The chapters are snappy and the writing on-point. The portrayal of the psychopathic antagonist was intriguing - a vicious killer who keeps the reader on the edge. The novel switches between third-person and first-person narratives, giving greater insight into the motiv ...more
Steve
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-read
I had to get this book thru an inter-library. Matt Hilton is quickly becoming my favorite author and I have some catching up to do although this is my fourth book by Matt.
Needless to say, the book moved along fast and furious which seems to be a pattern with Joe Hunter and Rink. Looking forward to my next book with this author.
Karl
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gone back since I needed something fairly simple to read - Been trying to get into a few other texts but nothing was grabbing my attention so I went back to an old fave. Simple, violent, tautly written and straightforward. Just what I needed.
TC Correy
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first Matt Hilton book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fast paced, full of action. Will keep an eye out for more Joe Hunter stories
Spenser
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars / My first Matt Hilton / Joe Hunter read. Its decent, I'll try another in the series, hoping for better.
Andrew Kirkhouse
Ok

An OK read , a bit boring at times and just cannot be compared to The Jack Reacher books .
Bec
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Judgement and Wrath by Matt Hilton was a quick, excitable read. I found it very interesting and am planning on reading all of the other books in the Joe Hunter series.

The plot resembled the first book in the series, Dead Men’s Dust, in which Hunter is on a job and a serial killer is targeting the people he is trying to protect. However, I found Judgement and Wrath to be just a cut above the first in the story, the killer that Hilton created in Dantalion was particularly creepy.

Joe Hunter is a
Jacki (Julia Flyte)
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Joe Hunter is asked by Richard Dean to rescue his daughter Marianne from her boyfriend Bradley, who has been abusing her. However it transpires that Bradley is a man with several enemies, at least one of whom badly wants him dead and has hired a particularly nasty assassin to kill him.

The first half of this book is reasonably enjoyable as it cuts between Hunter's story and that of the assassin, Dantalion. The plot unfolds without any major surprises and the villian is a totally unbelievable char

• Vodka Doesn't Freeze (Detective Jill Jackson, #1)
  • Rough Justice (Dan Shepherd, #7)
  • Pirate (Stratton, #7)
  • An Empty Death (DI Ted Stratton, #2)
  • Timebomb
  • Dark Tides
  • Killing for the Company
  • Scorched Earth
  • Nærmeste Pårørende
  • The Street (Campbell Road Saga #1)
  • Schnitt
  • All Of Me
  • Quarry's Cut (Quarry, #4)
  • Target  (Tina Boyd, #4)
  • Silencer (Nick Stone, #15)
  • Deadlock (Ryan Lock, #2)
  • Devil's Guard: The Real Story
  • The Circuit: An Ex-SAS Soldier's True Account of One of the Most Powerful and Secretive Industries Spawned by the War on Terror
Matt Hilton worked for twenty-two years in private security and the police force in Cumbria. He is a 4th Dan blackbelt and coach in Ju-Jitsu. He lives in Cumbria with his wife and son.

Matt is the author of the best-selling Joe Hunter thriller series, as well as standalone horror thrillers and short stories that have appeared in a number of collections and anthologies. Matt's first novel - Dead Men

Joe Hunter (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dead Men's Dust (Joe Hunter, #1)
  • Slash and Burn (Joe Hunter, #3)
  • Cut and Run (Joe Hunter, #4)
  • Blood and Ashes (Joe Hunter, #5)
  • Dead Men's Harvest (Joe Hunter, #6)
  • No Going Back (Joe Hunter, #7)
  • Rules of Honour (Joe Hunter, #8)
  • The Lawless Kind (Joe Hunter, #9)
  • The Devil's Anvil (Joe Hunter, #10)
  • No Safe Place (Joe Hunter, #11)