Jump to ratings and reviews

Northwood Jags #1

The Challenge

Marina Jamison is a mystery. As a half-breed
shapeshifter, she lives on the fringe of were-jaguar
society. Though her love for pride leader Bastian
LaRue is forbidden, she finds herself tied to him by a
bond stronger than their individual wills, a psychic
link born from their one-night stand. When her secret
is revealed, she is scorned and excluded.
Neither Bastian nor the pride can accept a half-breed
queen.

ebook

First published August 10, 2009

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Serena Shay

5 books30 followers
Serena began her writing hobby at an early age, creating stories out of love and a desperation to bring the voices to life. However, when the mountain of post-it noted ideas toppled, she decided to take her passion for writing seriously.

With encouragement from her family, she began writing erotic paranormals to provide an outlet for the characters rambling around in her head—each one edgy, a little dangerous, with a whole lot of sexy. A hobby turned into career and she’s never looked back.

Serena Shay, erotic romance author, lives in the north with her super supportive hubby, beautiful, Darling Diva, daughter and two crazy, but loveable dachshund pups.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (7%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for Savanna Kougar.
Author 18 books14 followers
May 5, 2013
AUTHOR DISCOVERY: Okay, admittedly I have a hankerin’ swoonin’ thing for Ms. Shay’s hero. When it comes to his tenderer feelings and his most ferocious erotic desires, I adore an alpha who stands his ground, and Bastion did not disappoint.
This were-jaguar leader obviously needs a good woman and he doesn’t bother going into macho denial when he finds his mate. No, he owns up to it definitely my kind of hero and always such sexy-goodness when reading an erotic romance.
Yes, Bastion has a little dysfunction problem when Marina abandons him for a very good reason, a secret she has to keep. Still, it’s his heart that is truly craving his beautiful were-mate, not just his admirable ability to satisfy her over and over.
I could vividly see Bastion in my imagination, both in his human form and his were-jaguar form, given Ms. Shay’s lovely and powerful descriptive voice. And, I could feel him, his need for Marina and his devastation when he loses her.
In fact, one of the most enjoyable elements of this story, is the author’s imaginative use of description and how she seamlessly wove her were-world into the contemporary world.
While Bastion did make a male-silly mistake in winning back his Marina, in the end he was there for her. Absolutely, it did my heart good when Ms. Shay’s heroine found the ‘fight’ inside herself, and the two destined mates finally walked the right path back to each other.
Serena Shay
Profile Image for Petula.
2,582 reviews55 followers
March 27, 2014
I was lucky enough to win this book from an author whose work I hadn't read before. It is a sexy adult only book.
Marina is a halfbreed Jaguar shifter, in a town where the pride hate all halfbreeds. Because of that she has only dated humans. They can't satisfy her, so she masks the human part of her scent and goes to a shifter bar.
Bastion, the local pride leader is sorting out a problem in the bar when he scents the cat he knows is his Mate. After a night of mind blowing sex Mari runs away, not knowing the frustration that will cause. Bastian is struggling to function after two years without his Mate. When he finds her again the REAL trouble starts. The pride don't want a halfbreed queen and a Challenge is declared.
This book is full of frustration, fights and sex. A book that will melt your kindle. loved it.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.