Start by marking “Love Writing” as Want to Read:
Love Writing

Love Writing

Love sells and sex sells and you can earn your living writing about them for novels, novellas and short stories as well as serials for magazines, anthologies and websites. As well as drawing on her experience as a fiction writer and creative writing tutor, in this "must have" book Sue has included questions from aspiring writers – with illuminating responses from published ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Other (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love Writing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Writing

Start your review of Love Writing
Teresa
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This really was an interesting and fun book to read. Actually, I'm dying to read one of Sue Moorcroft's (fiction) books now, as her 'voice' was wonderful in this and so funny. Gotta be the first writing advice book I've chuckled through (except maybe 'How NOT To Write A Novel' by Sandra Newman & Howard Mittelmark).

"We're not mad. We're inhabited." p93 Love that line.

I also chuckled (rather loudly) at her confession about Viggo Mortenson. Makes me a young girl, because I was soooo looking at
Amanda's
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing-manuals
Excellent, thorough advice on how to write and publish a romantic novel. Can't recommend it highly enough - and it's funny :) I'll read the last part again when I'm ready to look for an agent/publisher.
Lance Greenfield
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for all aspiring authors, not just those who set out to write erotica and romance. It is crammed, from cover to cover, with very helpful tips on the whole process from beginning to beyond publication.

The style of writing is very personable, which makes it seem as if Sue Moorcroft is in the room with you, talking you through all of what you should and shouldn't do, and what to look out for. She tells you how to overcome the obstacles which will be placed in your way. You will
N
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, writing
Bleh. This just seemed so lacking in personality and personal experience. I suppose it’s a reasonable enough description of the romance genre and market. But it’s too vague to be a helpful guide to writing for publication and it’s not engaging enough to be a guide to writing great fiction. So what exactly is the point of it?
Tasneem
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing
This is an excellent book on the art of writing romance and erotic fiction. The advice has such a personal feel to it that you can get a clear perspective on what is required. It is as though different authors are talking to you and teaching you one on one. A very useful tool in terms of dialogue, plot and characterisation advice as well.
Hazel Cushion
Oct 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
A brilliant book for everyone wanting to develop their writing skills - full of honest, funny, factual info and contributions from key people in the business.
Julie
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
brilliant guidebook. so helpful and taught me a lot about being a romantic novelist, if I can call myself that.
Donna Munro
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A terrific help for any aspiring romance author. Easy to read, and detailed. I'd recommend it for those who need more insight into getting published.
David Nouvel
Jan 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
A very poor and amateurish layout of the page, making the reading of the different subsections difficult (suddenly there is an abstract of an interview and nothing announces the change, for instance).
The content is not very original (other more general books offer a better knowledge and experience) and the insight into the romance genre is quite poor, which is surprising since the author seems to know very well the market. The subtitle "how to make money writing..." is ridiculous, as the author
James Farrant
Jul 09, 2017
Suzy Henderson
Jun 28, 2014
Sue Moorcroft
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sally Quilford
Karen
May 04, 2011
Emma Robson
Jun 10, 2016

• Monarchs and Milkweed: A Migrating Butterfly, a Poisonous Plant, and Their Remarkable Story of Coevolution
  • On Editing: How to edit your novel the professional way (Teach Yourself Creative Writing)
  • Northwest Smith
  • Just in Case: How to Be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens
  • Ki'ti's Story, 75,000 BC
  • Bone Deep: A Peggy Henderson Adventure
  • Reading the Bones: A Peggy Henderson Adventure
  • Back to You (Coming Home, #3)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1)
  • Heated Pursuit (Alpha Security #1)
  • A Hero to Come Home To (Tallgrass, #1)
  • Red Line (Matt Sinclair, #1)
  • Fatal Brushstroke (Aurora Anderson Mystery #1)
  • Going Out With a Bang: A Ladies Killing Circle Anthology
  • Heatstroke: Nature in an Age of Global Warming
  • Dead in the Water
  • Europa's Lost Expedition

Sue Moorcroft is a Sunday Times bestselling author and has held the coveted #1 spot in the Amazon Kindle chart. She's also a bestseller in Germany. She writes women's contemporary fiction with sometimes unexpected themes.

Sue has won the Best Romantic Read Award, been nominated for a RoNA and is a Katie Fforde Bursary winner. She also writes short stories, serials, articles, columns, courses and
“We're not mad. We're inhabited” 4 likes