Start by marking “Yip! Snap! Yap!” as Want to Read:
Yip! Snap! Yap!

Yip! Snap! Yap!

Sing along with puppy dogs- AROO! AROO! AROO!This sassy read-aloud is an invitation to join a rambunctious romp through a happy doggy world. The adorable crescendo is sure to have kids and puppy fans of any age howling "Encore!"Ä¢ Heavy page stock will stand up to repeat readings and little hands.Ä¢ Perfect choice for storytime. ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Tricycle Press (first published October 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Yip! Snap! Yap!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yip! Snap! Yap!

SurLeFur ©
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
yip! snap! yap! oh happy dawg! students in our classroom were gifted this special edition hardcover and the guard dog plush to bring the book alive. As we celebrate national puppy’s worldwide, let’s jump! skip!hop! and make outside noise. Do you like singing? Join the symphony of adorable round hounds, smooching pooches, and turn each page from left to right to get down and doggy! yippin’, snappin’, yappin’ even has our tails waggin’.
Justine
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: violet-s-books
Violet liked when we barked out the words ahha.
Tracy Morton
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute dog pictures. The book goes through different "types" of dogs and the sounds that they might make.
Jill
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think kids will have a great time making all these sounds!
Joe Loncarich
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was lazy as hell.
Heather
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book for toddler/preschool storytime, didn’t end up using.
Katy
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I feel like I should really love this book for storytime. It would work great, it just isn't doing it for me.
Sara
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Lots of noises to learn in this book. All themed around dogs. The illustrations were large and bold. Very strong. Not the prettiest of books, but fun.
Heidi-Marie
Adorably fabulous pictures, and a really fun possibility for getting toddlers to make a bunch of different dog and puppy sounds.

9/14/10 & 9/16/10 This went wonderfully with toddler time. The kids (and parents) went right along with barking, yipping, scratching, howling, and more. And it was perfect to fit into an unplanned dog theme.

9/28/10 & 9/30/10 Only 3 toddlers in the Tuesday group, and the parents did not do much to get them involved. So it was just me up th
Dawn
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can you tell that I’ve been preparing for a dog-themed story time? This is a perfect story time book: big pictures, bright colors, not much text on each page, and short. The best part is that each page ends with three onomatopoeia words that you can have the kids say along with you. This will definitely get you in a doggie mindset as you “Aroo” along with the puppies on the page, but it has the tendency to get kids riled up, so plan carefully.
Meg McGregor
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
This is a dog lover's dream no matter if you are just a pup or all the way to a mature dog's golden years.

The use of the verbs to mainly make the story go along is ingenious and will delight your little ones especially as they mimic the sounds that real dogs make.

The pictures are wry and wonderful and remind me of so many dogs I have had, or have, now. I am sure the same will happen to all dog lovers who read this book!
Autumn
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
We picked this book from our public library.

This is something I would say that would capture the younger kids being as the pictures will keep them engaged and it would be great for those learning to read as there are just a few words on the page and they are easy to read.

The pictures made us laugh and our favorite dog was the wiener dog. As it says in the book "Cool down with a hot dog." Silly book but I wouldn't call it a sing-along book.
Nancy Jo Lambert
May 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I like this book for the very young child, but older readers will not be able to get very much from this book. Little ones like my daughter liked to make the noises and of course dogs are aalmost always fun to feature in a picture book.

What I liked was that the illustrations are bright, colorful, and quite detailed. My favorite page was the sign along with dogs that went aroo!

Fun book!
Lindsey
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Jed's current favorite book, although I feel it ends rather abruptly. But this is a picture book, not a novel. A toddler doesn't need character development in a book about the different sounds that dogs make:) We're both in love with Charles Fuge. His illustrations are so engaging and I don't mind reading them over and over (and over).
The Brothers
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs
Great book for getting to "make more noise and do some doggy stuff!" Each page presents a new dog(s) doing something very dog-like.

Great, funny illustrations! Asher (4 years old) liked singing along with the puppy dogs the best
Amy Mason
Puppies/pets
animal sounds
Denise Johnson
Did not capture my daughter's attention at all. I tried to read it to her several times and she did not respond like she normally does with books she likes.

The illustrations were great.
Amy Adams
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
So cute!!!!! Author of the little wombat books
Vicki
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
Nice illustrations showing all types of dogs and the associated sounds they make during different daily activities. Fun to use at storytime and have the children make the noises too. Aroo!
Hannah
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute book I'm going to consider using for one of my programs. Art is adorable. Not sure about the obese Corgi though.
Diane
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
All kinds of dogs doing doggy things, making doggy noises and being doggy dogs. Good for rhyming and initial consonants.
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book with lots of fun dog sounds for Kids to imitate!
Cassie
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-dogs
This one didn't do much for me, but the illustrations are incredible.
Kathryn Fredrickson
May 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Serviceable work on noisy pups.
Denise
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I felt positively slobbered upon with the accurate rhyming of this book's descriptions.
Lizzie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime, humor, animals, dog
Could be a good read aloud with very fun onomatopoeia. Good way to introduce the idea of different breeds of the same animal to kids.
Susan
Literacy skills:

Print motivation-The silly pictures are engaging for children which promotes a love of reading.

Phonological awareness-This book goes through the plethora of sounds a dog makes.
John
Jul 27, 2012 added it
A good storytime read
Brooke
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun!
Ecl  Storytellers
No plot but lots of sound effects! Perfect for tots!
Charles Fuge has been writing and illustrating since 1988. Published while he was in art school, his first picture book won the Mother Goose Award for best newcomer to children's books. He lives in England with his partner, Sarah, and their son, Ollie.