Start by marking “Momo” as Want to Read:
Momo

Momo

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  35,583 Ratings  ·  1,728 Reviews
Eine gespenstische Gesellschaft "grauer Herren" ist am Werk und veranlasst immer mehr Menschen, Zeit zu sparen. Aber in Wirklichkeit betrügen sie die Menschen um diese ersparte Zeit. Als die Not am größten ist und die Welt ihnen schon endgültig zu gehören scheint, entschließt sich Meister Hora, der geheimnisvolle "Verwalter der Zeit", zum Eingreifen. Doch dazu braucht er d ...more
Published December 31st 1999 by Thienemann (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Momo, please sign up.

Pia I agree with Nim, but if you've already read a book in another language (e.g. English) it's actually a lot easier to understand that same book. If…moreI agree with Nim, but if you've already read a book in another language (e.g. English) it's actually a lot easier to understand that same book. If you've seen one of the Momo movies that counts (it might be a little more difficult though). Anyway, there aren't that many too complicated words in Momo like for instance in Harry Potter or Twilight because there is no "real" magic like wizards or something involved. So yeah, if you already understand longer texts in German you should give it a try and read it because reading really helps you learn a language. Good luck! :)(less)

Manny
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Busy people
Recommended to Manny by: notgettingenough
Manny was working late one evening when he received an unexpected visitor. He was an old man with white hair and gold-rimmed glasses, curiously dressed in a lace-embroidered doublet and a periwig, and he was carrying a book.

"Greetings," said the visitor. "I think you should read this."

"What is it?" asked Manny irritably. People were always asking him to read things. "I don't really have time right now. I need to get this software problem fixed for tomorrow. And then I have an article to write an
May 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Oh my... you haven't read this book? You poor dear. I suspect that the reason why this book is not read in the United States is because the grey men are working very hard to keep it off the shelves. It is moments, not time, that is precious.
Kara Maia Spencer
Aug 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA & Adults
Momo is a classic story that is known as a children's book, yet I believe that adults may even glean more from its reading than younger folk. Momo is written by Michael Ende, the author who is most known in the US for having written The Neverending Story. When I was younger, and my mother ran an independent children's bookstore, she ordered a case of this book, and gave a copy to all of her friends and colleagues.

This is a modern day fairytale, about a little girl named Momo, who moves into a ru
Lisa
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, favorites
Dear friends!

Do you have time to sit down for a moment, and listen to a story? It is a true one, of great importance, with a vital message for humankind. It starts in a classroom, where a teacher is about to wrap up for the day. She has put a lot of time into the Timesaving Bank, and wants to save some more of it by rushing off to the underground to catch the next one. That makes at least four minutes which she will not have to spend waiting, Heaven forbid!

Just when she is about to rush out, alr
Rinda Elwakil
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: تشبهني

مومو ..
القصة الغريبة حول لصوص الوقت , و حول الطفلة التي تعيد للبشر وقتهم المسروق .

يوميا - عن غير إرادة مني- أكبر أنا في السن ,و لكني و - و لم أجد لهذا سببا- مع الوقت ازداد حبا لكل ما يتعلق بعالم الطفولة لا الكبار ..
أفلامي المفضلة ل ديزني , و كتبي المفضلة هي قصص الأطفال .

أبتهجت عندما علمت أن مومو قصة مصنفة تحت بند كتب الأطفال .
ال "Fairy tales " .

و بالرغم من ذلك فقد حوت صفحاته رسائل و رسائل أضافت لي ما لم يضفه لي الكثير من أدب الراشدين و الكبار إلا ما رحم ربي .

في الزمان البعيد ..البعيد جدا .. ف
Miriam
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our time is stolen; or perhaps more accurately we mortgage it away, thinking we're getting a bargain when in fact we're screwing ourselves over.

Mystery and Melancholy on a Street, Giorgio de Chirico
Julia
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wundervoll =) ich liebe es, wie ME mit der Zeit gespielt hat
Dane
Apr 20, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of lighthearted literature
Shelves: fiction-read
You cannot, repeat: cannot, go into this book with the expectations of "hard," realist fiction. Then again, if you know anything about Michael Ende (the author of the Never Ending Story), you won't.

Momo is one of those rare books that would do well in a fourth-grade classes, but is also strangely releveant to adults. The story centers around a girl named Momo who took residence in an ancient, abandoned amphitheater in an unnamed town, which is populated by a series of people who do small-town jo
Bunny
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People of any age who never have time for anything
Recommended to Bunny by: Meltha
Shelves: read-in-08
Recommended to me by Meltha, one of the smartest people I know, who has a great love for most of the things I love. How could I resist?

10/9 - Why? Why isn't this required reading in schools all over the damn place? Why haven't I heard of this? Why hasn't it been made into a movie like NES?

WHY?????

::ahem::

This book is WONDERFUL! And for the first time since I started keeping my nose in a book 14 hours a day (a girl's gotta sleep), people asked what I was reading, and I had so much fun telling th
Deniz Balcı
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: almanca-edebiyat
İlk bölümle birlikte bir hayal kırıklığı yaşamıştım ama sonradan toparladı. Okuduğum en dolu, en anlamlı minik kitaplardan biriydi. Bir sürü ders veriyor, bir sürü de kulak çekiyor. Ciddiyetini fark etmediğimiz ve tam olarak da içinde yaşayıp yavaşça duman olduğumuz bir dünyada, çok daha manalı oldu kitap.

Kesinlikle okumanızı tavsiye ederim.

8/10
Matt
Jede Minute, Mensch, sei dir ein volles Leben! – Verachte die Angst und den Wunsch, die Zukunft und die Vergangenheit! – Wenn der Sekundenweiser dir kein Wegweiser in ein Eden deiner Seele wird, so wirds der Monatsweiser noch minder, denn du lebst nicht von Monat zu Monat, sondern von Sekunde zu Sekunde! – Genieße dein Sein mehr als deine Art zu sein, und der liebste Gegenstand deines Bewußtseins sei dieses Bewußtsein selber! – Mache deine Gegenwart zu keinem Mittel der Zukunft, denn diese ist j
Chester Dean
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, books-2016

Momo es una niña pequeña que vive en las ruinas de un anfiteatro donde pasa el tiempo junto a sus amigos del área. A todos les gusta visitar a Momo ya que su imaginación se incrementa con su presencia, y eso los lleva a disfrutar con juegos y pasar el rato. Además que Momo es una excelente compañera, ya que escucha a sus amigos sin importunar. Pero poco a poco las personas dejan de aparecer y de visitar a Momo, cada vez son menos los que pasan a platicar con ella. Todos parecen estar cada vez
Anna
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
δεν έχω χρόνο για κριτική (σικ)
αστειεύομαι, review to come!!!

Παιδικό βιβλίο που γράφτηκε το 1973, είναι ένα αλληγορικό παραμύθι που αναφέρεται στις ανθρώπινες σχέσεις και στη διαχείριση του «χαμένου χρόνου». Μου φαίνεται εντυπωσιακό το ότι γράφτηκε πριν από 40 χρόνια και παραμένει σήμερα πιο επίκαιρο από ποτέ: σε μια εποχή που όλοι οι άνθρωποι αγχώνονται για το πόσο λίγο διαθέσιμο χρόνο έχουν, για το πόσο δεν προλαβαίνουν να κάνουν πράγματα που αγαπούν και πού στην ευχή πάει χαμένη όλη η μέρα το
Aleshanee
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich liebe dieses Buch ♥
Diese Geschichte kann immer wieder erzählt und gelesen werden, denn die kleine Momo kämpft gegen die Hektik des Alltags, die jeden Erwachsenen irgendwann im Laufe seines Lebens trifft.

In einer fiktiven Welt, irgendwann, irgendwo, taucht Momo am Rande einer Stadt auf und bezieht eine verlassene Ruine eines Amphittheaters. Mit nichts als dem, was sie am Leib trägt hat sie genau das zu bieten, was die Menschen so sehr brauchen: sie hat Zeit, ihnen zuzuhören. Und zwar so aufme
Dan
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book several months ago at a used book store, but I put off reading it because I was afraid it wouldn't live up to Michael Ende's other famous book, which also happens to be my favorite book, The Neverending Story. While Momo isn't as complex and more bluntly allegorical, it is charming and emotionally stunning. Perhaps I am more naive than most readers, but I felt myself swept up into this book's persuasive world in which children are forgetting how to play and adults only care ab ...more
SEVGİ KOCA
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: don-quixote
Momo'yla bu kadar geç tanıştığıma çok uzuluyorum. Micheal Ende benim icin ikinci bir Miyazaki oldu. Herkese tavsiye olunur.
Γιώργος Μπέλκος
Τέλειο!!! Τέτοια βιβλία χρειάζονται τα παιδιά....και οι μεγάλοι!
Steffi
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
„Es ist alles so erzählt, als sei es bereits geschehen. Man hätte es auch so erzählen können, als geschehe es erst in der Zukunft. Es macht keinen so großen Unterschied.“

Ich hab keine Zeit mehr Worte zu schreiben :D
dfsamos (DΛV·D)
Creo que lo he leído en el mejor momento.
Enamorado de Momo y de la historia. He vuelto a mi infancia y a aquellos libros que tanto se disfrutan.

Hay que leerlo, aunque sea tarde (como ha sido en mi caso).
fanny golvano
May 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a todo el mundo
Este libro te demuestra la complejidad de la vida a traves de las de la aparente simplicidad de un cuento de niños, es sin duda uno de mis libros favoritos, mi padre me lo leia todos los dias cuando era pequeña.

Su importancia radica en la naturalidad del la historia y la metafora que imprime , es totalmente extrapolable a la realidad actual.

Los hombres grises existen sin duda, nos absorben nuestro tiempo y nadie es consciente de esto solo los niños que todavia utilizan su imaginacion, son capace
Ebru
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitaptan notlar:
* Şerefli insanlar bir kere el sıkışırlar!
* Bir insanın çok dostu olabilir, ama insan, onların içinden de birkaç kişiyi kendine daha yakın bulur ve onları daha çok sever.
* Zamanın bu garip kısalığı uzunluğu, o saat içinde yaşanan olaylara bağlıdır. Çünkü zaman, yaşamın kendisidir. Ve yaşamın yeri yürektir.
* An diye bir şey kalmıyor. Ya geçmiş oluyor ya gelecek. Örneğin şimdi, bu anda ben konuşurken an geçip gidiyor. Geçmiş oluyor.
- Son bir haftamı gripli olarak geçirdiğim için dü
Arzu
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, roman
“zaman hayattır, hayat kalptedir” diyen, masalsı bi’ sistem eleştirisi..
pek nefis..
Masalcı
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Uzunca anlatılabilir belki bu kitap, ama sadece benim içimde kalmasını da istemiyor değilim sanırım🙄
Yine de yazacağım evet..

Öncelikle bu bir çocuk kitabı değil, çünkü öyle olmayacak kadar çok metafor var satır aralarında.
Hikayenin içinde tüm eylemsizliğiyle devrim yaratabilecek güce sahip Momo'yla tanışıyorsunuz. Kendi halinde bir kız çocuğu O.. Küçük Prens kadar afili cümleleri yok belki, lakin sadece "hiç" oluşu bile zaman kavramıyla savaşacak gücü içinde taşımasına yetiyor.
Zamanı kendi ken
Harun Harahap
Pertama kali mendengar kata “Momo” adalah ketika saya berusia dibawah sepuluh tahun. Kata itu disebutkan oleh tante saya yang baru pulang dari Ambon. “Momo” yang Ia katakan berarti sebutan untuk sejenis hantu atau setan di Ambon. Sejak saat itu mengendaplah kata “Momo” di otak saya dan terasosiasikan dengan hantu. Hingga akhirnya saya mendengar “Momo’ digunakan untuk panggilan adik kecilku.

“Momo” adalah tokoh utama dari sebuah buku yang berjudul sama dengan namanya. Kelebihan dari “Momo” adalah
Alina
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the first 30 or so pages, I was beginning to think I would be the only one to not like this, and suddenly it started to become interesting and profound. Even though it seems written for the little ones, it really addresses the adults. It's a reminder of LIFE, of the time we have and how we choose to spend it. Choose wisely! :)

I warmly recommend this book.

"Calendars and clocks exist to measure time, but that signifies little because we all know that an hour can seem as eternity or pass in
Perihan
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"İnsan ne kadar yavaş hareket ederse, o kadar hızlı ilerliyordu. Ama aksine ne kadar acele ederse, o kadar güç ilerliyordu."

Yazar demiş ki son sözünde:
"Ben size bütün bunları olup bitmiş gibi anlattım, çünkü biri de bana böyle anlattı.
Oysa gelecekte olacakmış gibi de anlatabilirdim."

Bence bu kitaptaki,insanların zamanlarını çalan , modern hayatta insanları sanal sosyal kalabalıkta yalnızlığa sürükleyen duman adamlar ellerinde birer akıllı telefon ile içimize yerleştiler!
Yani evet bu akıllı telef
Burcu
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kesinlike sadece çocuklar için yazılmış bir kitap değil.

Zaman kavramını işleyişi, kurgusu ve anlatımının kolaylığı sayesinde yazarın ne demek istediğini hiç zorlanmadan anlıyorsunuz. Ama bu demek değil ki sizi hiç düşündürmüyor. Aksine, kitap bitmiş olmasına rağmen hala bir sürü soru var aklımda.

Okuduğunuzda karakterinize yeni ve güzel özellikler katacak iyi kitaplardan biri. Kişisel gelişim saçmalıkları yerine böyle kitaplar daha çok okunsa keşke.

Murat G.
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
Özetle;

Momo = Fantastik Çocuk Edebiyatı * [(" Ah, kimselerin vakti yok / Durup ince şeyleri anlamaya..") + ("eve dön. şarkıya dön. kalbine dön.")] / 2

Not: Kitapta en hoşuma giden, Gigi'nin Momo'ya anlattığı masaldı (Sihirli Aynanın Masalı).
Arielle Walker
One day I want to be the concept artist on the film version. One of my favourite stories - lyrical, relevant, beautiful. Far more than a simple children's book.
Huy
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truyện trẻ con mà sao thấy chạnh lòng vì những điều rất "người lớn".
  • Die kleine Hexe
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Pünktchen und Anton
  • Die rote Zora und ihre Bande
  • Eine Woche voller Samstage (Sams, #1)
  • Immer dieser Michel
  • Märchenmond (Märchenmond, #1)
Michael Andreas Helmuth Ende was a German writer of fantasy and children's literature. He was the son of the surrealist painter Edgar Ende.

Ende was one of the most popular and famous German authors of the 20th century, mostly due to the enormous success of his children's books. However, Ende was not strictly a children’s author, as he also wrote books for adults. Ende claimed, "It is for this chil
More about Michael Ende...
“...it's like this. Sometimes, when you've a very long street ahead of you, you think how terribly long it is and feel sure you'll never get it swept. And then you start to hurry. You work faster and faster and every time you look up there seems to be just as much left to sweep as before, and you try even harder, and you panic, and in the end you're out of breath and have to stop--and still the street stretches away in front of you. That's not the way to do it.

You must never think of the whole street at once, understand? You must only concentrate on the next step, the next breath, the next stroke of the broom, and the next, and the next. Nothing else.

That way you enjoy your work, which is important, because then you make a good job of it. And that's how it ought to be.

And all at once, before you know it, you find you've swept the whole street clean, bit by bit. what's more, you aren't out of breath. That's important, too... (28-29)”
295 likes
“People never seemed to notice that, by saving time, they were losing something else. No one cared to admit that life was becoming ever poorer, bleaker and more monotonous. The ones who felt this most keenly were the children, because no one had time for them any more. But time is life itself, and life resides in the human heart. And the more people saved, the less they had.” 207 likes