Start by marking “Zombocalypse Now (Chooseomatic Books, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zombocalypse Now (Chooseomatic Books, #1)

Zombocalypse Now

(Chooseomatic Books #1)

You're a stuffed bunny, and it's the end of the world. Between you and your objective are forty or fifty -zombies gorging -themselves on the flesh of the living. If you disguise yourself as one of them and try to sneak past the feeding frenzy, turn to page 183.If you grab a tire iron, flip out and get medieval on their undead asses, turn to page 11. Zombocalypse Now is a c ...more
Published August 5th 2009 by Atherton Haight (first published August 1st 2009)

Don
May 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Okay, this was a LOT of fun. Even beyond the novelty and whimsy of reading a choose-your-own-something book in the first place, this one is done *extremely* well. Reading through to each new ending is entirely entertaining, as the writing keeps a constant sense of humor that's both funny and inventive. However, it's when you really start to have read through most of the branches that an unexpected Easter Egg emerges, as your discoveries down different roads illuminate your newest path, whet ...more
David Monroe
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
I loved the choose your own adventures books as a kid so when I read about this book on some Geek site a while back, I HAD to do it.

It was awesome!! You're a snarky, chain smoking chainsaw wielding stuffed pink bunny. You're in the middle of a Zombie-apocalypse, living in a world where stuffed animals walk, talk, and intermarry with the human population. There's even a moment where you let out the battle cry "Leeeeeeroy Jenkins!"

I was killed by ponies, deer, and a pack of Catholics. I teamed wit
SeeAmandaRead
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
This is a "choose your own adventure type book for adults" where you are a pink stuffed bunny trying to survive during a zombie apocalypse.

I found this book to be a fun, easy, and very quick read. I wish that it had more depth/detail for it to be targeted to adults, but I suppose a choose your own adventure type book is suppose to be simplistic.

The first time reading it I was a little disappointed because it was so fast and the ending was so abrupt (and I died), but I found the more times I rea
Carlton
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely the most hilarious book I've read all year! In a "Choose-your-own-journey" style, this book leads you (a pink stuffed bunny) through the hellish events of very rapidly occurring zombie apocalypse. There a tons of pop culture references, fourth wall shattering comments, and plenty of beautiful ways to DIE. The cover boasts of 112 endings, of which at least seven will see you through to other side of this nightmare!
Janet Godsoe
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was fun, silly, and zombietastic. What more could you want?
Muffy Morrigan
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful return to the choose your own adventure books of my youth. While written with those in mind, it nonetheless is written to appeal to the adult reader
Mjhancock
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let's dive in here. Let's go deep, and really think about what makes a choose your own adventure zombie apocalypse story starring a sentient plush bunny rabbit tick. I'm going to get really technical and really detailed, and I think we'll all learn a little something before we're done.

Using terminology I largely invented, Zombocalypse Now is a choose your own adventure book that specializes in persistent, binary-unfolding, latitudinal choice. In terms of those latter two adjectives, that means i
Angie
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popsugar-2019
This choose your own adventure is cleverly written and I admit that I laughed at a few of the scenarios. I usually got myself in trouble because I kept forgetting that I was a pink stuffed bunny!

Having said that, I would not really call this a book; it is a novelty item. In this adventure you read a scenario based on a zombie apocalypse - and, yes, you are a pink stuffed bunny that walks and talks -and then select from two plot lines which drives events until you either happily survive or, most
Melissa Bennett
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved which way books when I was a kid and enjoy seeing them resurrected. This one was different and fun. You get to be a chain smoking stuffed bunny who is waiting on their date and end up in the zombie apocalypse. Can you fight your way through or is stuffed bunny on the menu?
Zazel
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haven't gotten all 112 endings yet but oh my God is this book hilarious. I didn't grow up with these types of books but I am glad they are still around.
Brett Roller
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I always loved the concept of the choose your own adventure book as a kid but I rarely got my hands on one and if I did they were usually bad spy stories or something. Fortunately this is a zombie story. Zombies have to be about the best subject for a choose your own adventure book. I mean honestly, who hasn’t watched a zombie movie and thought, No, I’d do it this way or that way? Well with Matt Youngmark’s book you can do just that. Except this isn’t your run of the mill zombie story.

You start
Sam Byford
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
How it works:

For those of you who have never read anything like this before I shall explain. This is a RPG in the loosest sense: You read the book by yourself (though I guess you could read it to others) and make your own choices within the book. You are given an introductory scene and then presented with a choice of two options. Which do you take? ........

You are a living stuffed toy bunny. You are in a restaurant for a blind date, who turns out to be zombie. You start to realise that this migh
Amy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Do you wish you could read a more grown-up version of the Choose Your Own Adventure books of your youth? If yes, point your browser to Amazon.com right now and search for Matt Youngmark's Chooseomatic books, buy them, read them, and choose your way to hilarity. If no, close your eyes and imagine a zombie ate your face and you died, because that's what happens when you choose wrong. It's OK, I'm sure you kept your place in my review and you can go back and make a better choice.

I had the fortune
Lexxi Kitty
Yep, as I suspected when I wrote my notes however long ago it was that I wrote the two notes . . .

The two best scenarios/paths were traveled first. Well, best in that one lead almost immediately to death, and the other lead to great things and repopulating the planet. All the other choices seemed to involve you dying. mmphs. There were some funny bits, but those were not as well taken when the only choices left are bad choices. And you know before hand that they will be. And they are.

Ah well. Th
Neil Blaiberg
A fun little Choose Your Own adventure book, detailing the attempts of a stuffed rabbit trying to save the world from a zombie epidemic.

Will he succeed? Maybe, with your help, he just might...

The book is light-hearted, and fairly amusing, although it wont last you too long. It's hard to know who the book is aimed at, as the subject matter is a bit too grim for younger readers, whilst older readers will not take too long to complete it.
Stacy
Apr 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
A choose-your-own-adventure style book, this was more enjoyable than I'd expected. Chock-a-block full of gruesome endings, with a few bright rays of hope, and no real way to logically guess which route will take you to a happy ending. Like all CYOA books, it suffers a bit from repetition, since you wind up re-reading the first few paths over and over again to fully explore the book. Funny and zippy, this would make a great subway read for shorter commutes.
Sarah Anderson
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I checked out this book mainly because I enjoyed his second book, "Thrusts of Justice," very much. While it's parodying horror, a genre I'm not as familiar with as I am superheroes, I still found interesting and frequently hilarious insight into society, particularly what becomes important in an apocalypse. And the twist as to what created the zombies was nothing less than inspired.
Emily Leathers
Zombie books are not my thing. But this one, this one is really funny. I'm still not going to get past the sample (I'd rather not end up with the nightmares I'm likely to get), but I'd definitely recommend that anyone who does like zombie lit give it at least a try.

Mr. Youngmark's writing makes me smile. Thank you Matt.
Stacy
Nov 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Took forever to actually get ALL of the possibilities and I probably didn't. Read it during a trip while my travelmate napped and had a lovely time informing her in all the gruesome details exactly how I died. Except when I lived ... twice ... how disturbing. I shall never look at stuffed animals the same way again.
Crissy Moss
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved choose your own adventures when I was younger. This is a fantastic new direction. The fact that the cover has "112 endings, a few of which you can survive in" was the kicker for me. I bought this, started reading it, and grabbed the other two the next day. I've found a few dozen endings already and survived one of them.
DeAnna Knippling
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Bored.

I realize I'm biased, but ugh, bored.

The basic functions of the story - plot, character - aren't there. Witty repartee? Not there. Gruesome and ironic deaths? Nope. Choices that logically affect outcomes? Nope, pretty random, left-or-right kinds of choices.

I liked the cause of the outbreak, but one amusing reveal just wasn't enough.
Lisa
Sep 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, humor
I never read choose-your-own-adventure books when I was a kid so I didn't have a frame of reference when I first picked up this book. I had a lot of fun going through and trying to find ways to survive the zombocalypse. I love that sometimes it talks back to you when you decide to change your course of action mid-way through a plot line.
Michael
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome, zany, bloody, and with dark humor all over the place, this is a fun read. Your a stuffed bunny rabbit, and the end of the world has come in the form of (gasp!) zombies! A twisted and funny take on the old "Choose your own adventure" books!
becky
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
if there ever is a zombie apocalypse don't have me at your side. i made many a bad decision and died probably 7 times before i had success. i was so fed up with dying i kept my fingers on the pages of the last decision so i could go back to it easily. is this cheating? or just saving time?
Josh
Nov 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Really, really well done. I wasn't sure if this book would be much more than a gimmick when I picked it up, but the writing is sharp and funny. Brings me right back to my days of reading "Choose Your Own Adventure" books.
Nerdvana Webcast
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is awesome! I'm still trying to find ways to NOT die. The books says there are ways but I have yet to find them. Which means more fun for me!
You can see the full review here:
J.T. Oldfield
From my review:

Overall, Matt Youngmark is no Max Brooks. But this is a good book to have around, either in your bathroom or next to your bong.

Read the whole review here: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arch...
Leigh
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!! I loved it. Extremely well written and totally amusing. I love zombies, and trying to survive them in this book is so much fun. Plus you get to be a giant walking, talking pink bunny rabbit! Everyone should read this.
Felix
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
the reason it took me so long to finish this book is i began to write down all the possible endings so i wouldn't miss any.... hilarious ways to die and survive.... loved this book
Dan
Jun 12, 2012 marked it as first-chapter-only
I looked at this after buying #2 in the series. #2 was pretty good but this one looked too weird.
  • All the Pretty Little Horses  (Newsflesh, #0.75)
  • Choose Your Doom Zombie Apocalypse
  • Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
  • Discouraging at Best
  • Green Eyes
  • Rise of the Corpses (The Undertakers, #1)
  • The Mayhem Sisters (Sister Witches Mystery, #1)
  • BadAss Zombie Road Trip
  • Temporary Girl
  • Sinfest, Vol. 1
  • Heaven's Bones (Ravenloft, #21)
  • Medair (Medair, #1-2)
  • Liberty Meadows, Volume 2: Creature Comforts
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires
  • Emily's House (Akasha Chronicles, #1)
  • One Thousand Nights (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #5)
  • The Royal Sorceress (The Royal Sorceress, #1)
  • A Date With Angel: And Other Things That Weren't Supposed To Happen (Kim and Angel, #1)
Matt Youngmark is the author of the Chooseomatic Books series, the Arabella Grimsbro series, and the webcomic Conspiracy Friends (now collected in three paperback volumes). Back in the day, he worked the newsprint mines at Tacoma Reporter and Pandemonium Magazine.

To be notified when his next book comes out (and get a free Arabella short story!), sign up for his newsletter at www.youngmark.com

Chooseomatic Books (2 books)
  • Thrusts of Justice (Chooseomatic Books, #2)