Start by marking “The Beginning (Dark-Hunter #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Beginning  (Dark-Hunter #0.5)

The Beginning (Hunter Legends Series 0.5)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  7,256 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Appearing as a bonus story on Sherrilyn's web site and at the back of early editions of Sins of the Night, it can now be found in print form in its entirety in the novel Acheron in the Dark-Hunter series.

This is a short story written years ago by Sherri as an intro to the Dark-Hunter world.

The Beginning was originally published as a short story in a small press magazine ca
Published 1990 by Sherrilyn Kenyon

To ask other readers questions about The Beginning, please sign up.

Jim Nessel Hi ,I just read it and honestly it's not necessary,I've read all the dark-hunter books (but not were hunter or dream hunter) .what the novella covers…moreHi ,I just read it and honestly it's not necessary,I've read all the dark-hunter books (but not were hunter or dream hunter) .what the novella covers will be in the book Acheron . What I suggest is if you like the first couple then download the reading list from kenyons website and follow that without skipping any like I did......I could add more to this but I don't want to give anything away....hope you enjoy them (less)

Nice little intro to the Dark Hunter world, and I totally didn't see that twist at the end coming! So clever!
Alp
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.75/5

Very short but great!
It was an interesting introduction to Dark-Hunters world. You can find this novella as a chapter in Acheron.
Sophia Triad
The introduction in the universe of Dark Hunters.
We learn a bit about Acheron,the first dark hunter, and his relationship with goddess Artemis and the terms he imposed upon her for the creation of dark hunters.
There is also a sad story included in theses few pages that showed that even a clever warrior can be misled and deceived.
Gavin
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This novella offered a glimpse into the distant past and showed how the Dark-Hunters came into being. It was a fun read. I liked they way Acheron was sucked into helping train the Dark-Hunters for Artemis

It was great to learn more about Acheron and his relationship with Artemis. Though the glimpses we got here only left me wanting more! Simi made a short but typically hilarious appearance.

Rating: 3.5 stars.
Juli
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Un libro que me permitio conocer un poco mas a fondo a Ash♥
Julianna
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" This short, thirty-page novella used to be considered the second story in the Dark-Hunter series, and that is the order in which I read it. It gives an introduction to Acheron, and tells how he became the leader of the Dark-Hunters. Despite it's brevity, I found the tale to be very engaging, something of a missing chapter in the saga. In such a short space, Ms. Kenyon managed to create a character who was extremely intriguing, and I am anxious to read more abo
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Interesting read on how the Dark Hunters started when Acheron became involved.

Still love him....

and still hate her.

Would recommend waiting to read this till you've read a few of the Dark Hunter books.

Favorite quote:

♥ To look at him was to want him.

To see him was to ache to touch him.

He had been built to please, and trained to pleasure.
Inés Izal
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
¡Pero que zorra es Artemisa! ¡Empezaba a darle bofetones como si no hubiese un mañana!
description
Ale Rivero
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Desde el principio de la historia Artemisa siendo una zorra, cuándo no.
Acheron siempre siendo un condenado, pobre =/
Y Simi haciendo de las suyas XD
Pues aquí se ve más o menos el inicio del drama de la creación de los Cazadores Oscuros, y las primeras reglas que los regirán, aparte de incorporar a Acheron como su cuidador y entrenador, obviamente es una información que se va agrandando conforme pasan lo libros. Para mí es un buen pie para empezar en el mundo de los DH. Recomendable.
Tarsis
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, sagas
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
Ya con leer esto, me muero por leer Acheron. Como dice Artemisa, tiene algo magnético.

"¿Y tú, Acheron? ¿Confías en alguien lo suficiente como para entregarle tu alma?"

YYYYY me muero por leer la historia entre ellos dos.
Aifos
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mythology
This is the beginning of the Dark-Hunter series, while reading it I couldn't help but remember when I asked my mom to buy me Fantasy Lover, I was 15 and I really wanted to read a steamy book. All my mom would say was: "Fantasy Lover? What kind of book is that? It doesn't sound appropriate for your age."
- "Well mom, it's about Greek mythology, apparently, seems pretty educational to me." (I've always been such a fucking smartass). Then she conceded and I bought Night Pleasures. (it was then that
Ronda  Tutt
May 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Iva
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, novella
After reading the awesomeness that are these 20 pages, I died a little when I realized that Acheron's book is 15th. I will die until then! I still loved this short story that explained a few things about the Dark Hunter world. That last page was just.. Woah.
Twist
Wow! What a wonderful start to the series. This makes me want to dive in even more. I absolutely hate Artemis at this moment. I almost want to find every mention of Acheron just to get his story.
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
Mona
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Como introducción al mundo de los Cazadores Oscuros está muy bien. Pero son 20 páginas, así que el desarrollo no es extraordinario. De todos modos es interesante y hace que te entren ganas de leer más y más de Kenyon.
Kinga
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This just makes me want to go and re-read Acheron's story!
Grecia Robles
Maldita Artemisa que perra eres, agarrenme que la mato

Jennifer Juffer
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a very quick read! But, it's so worth it!
Readers of Acheron will have read most of it, but it never hurts to read it again!
With well written, concise, beautiful use of imagery, Kenyon is able to take the reader back in time to a different place; a different world, with flowing ease of thought provoking, emotive words that are aimed directly and intentionally to elicit catharsis.
I don't know how she does this so very well, but few authors are able to put words on paper so well.
Definitely a
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was suggested this series by a friend, and after reading this prequel I can tell this universe will be right up my alley.
Can't wait to get paid sonI can purchase some more from this (quite long) series!
Kübra Yağmur
Aug 25, 2017 marked it as tbr-1
Bu ufak Karanlık Avcı'ların başlangıç hikayesini duyan eden var mı? Varsa bir de bana yollar mısınız kurbanınız olayım? Hı, hı?
Erin
This was very short. Also I am glad that it wasn't the first in the series, because it would have set the wrong tone.

Artemis was different, it tried to show her more sympathetic, but I still don't like her, and this didn't make me want to change that opinion.

It had Simi in it, but I'm glad that I knew her previously, this would not have been a good introduction to her. (Also there is lots of conflict going on with Simi. (view spoiler)
Lelyana
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ini tentang kejadian pertama Dark Hunter dimana di ceritakantentang Kyros dan Ias, dua DH pertama yg pernah di ciptakan, kisah Ias AKA Alexion lebih di tonjolkan (nanti Alexion ada buku sendiri).
Tentang bagaimana Artemis dan Ash juga bisa membuat kesalahan (missjudgment) terhadap persyaratan pembebasan jiwa para DH.
Bahwa karena rasa bersalah nyalah (dan salah paha fatal) membuat Ias hidup sebagai bayangan selama 2000 tahun, dan pada akhirya di bawa ke Katateros oleh Ash untukmenebus kesalahannya
Delta
Jul 05, 2014 added it
Recommends it for: Dark Hunterverse readers
It seems that I have read this out of order, so I will refrain from rating until I have read the books that come first. (It has been recommended that this story be read after Dark Hunter #9).

As I am new to the Dark Hunter series, I found this a sad, bleak tale about how Acheron was ensnared by the capricious Olympian goddess, Artemis, to toil for eternity battling demons to protect humanity. I will continue reading the much-recommended series...
Carolina
So this is how the series start... I don't regret having read Fantasy Lover first, this would've put me right on track as well.
The only downside though is that it left me wanting MORE and Acheron's book is so damn far away. I'm only about to start reading Kyrian's.
Positive side: I still have Dark, Were and Dream Hunters to make my days happier for a good, long while ;)
Nícky
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Relectura desde 2010. Tengo sentimientos encontrados con Artemisa. La odio con toda mi alma por forzar a Acheron a su presencia y sin embargo creo que la entiendo y me da lástima. Cometió un error, él la odia, pero ella le ama con toda su alma. Lo va a tener muy difícil con ese atlante, pero la vida inmortal es eterna, así que esperaremos que acaben bien para ambos. Juntos o por separado.
TJlovestoread Blog
Like I said in other reviews, you will get this eventually after reading at least one full lenght dark-hunter novel (number 2)... lot's is explained and then we get to see this story in full deatil on Acheron's (love him) book
Erin Kyle
3.5
Leire
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
No está mal, pero tampoco dice nada que no sabía ya. No sé, me esperaba descubrir algún pequeño secretillo o algo que no aparezca en los libros
Simona Ithil
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Poor Ash, this was heartbreaking!
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica #5.7)
  • Wolf School (Psy-Changeling, #9.1)
  • The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)
  • Dark Dream (Dark, #6.5)
  • Winter Wishes
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Hunter Legends Series (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
“To look at him was to want him.

To see him was to ache to touch him.

He had been built to please, and trained to pleasure.”
10 likes