Start by marking “Through a Glass Darkly: A journey of love and grief with my father” as Want to Read:
Through a Glass Darkly: A journey of love and grief with my father

Through a Glass Darkly: A journey of love and grief with my father

In my life, through The Search for Meaning and Australian Story, I have been given the wisdom of so many people’s stories, and admired their struggles to keep faith in life through the hard times. I have committed them to memory and treasured them in my heart. Why then am I handling this so badly?’

Through a Glass Darkly chronicles Caroline Jones’ immensely personal journey
Published 2009

To ask other readers questions about Through a Glass Darkly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through a Glass Darkly

Start your review of Through a Glass Darkly: A journey of love and grief with my father
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
A profoundly interesting, yet disturbing book. Caroline Jones is an important Australian, voted a National Living Treasure in 1997, known for her explorations of meaning and faith and her deep religious conviction. This is a diary of her father's final illness and of her years of enduring grief afterwards. Possibly not all that an unusual story except Caroline Jones's father was 93 when he died.
The first part of the book records the day by day experiences of both Caroline and her father after
Sherry Mackay
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found lots in this book that was applicable to my life. Looking after ageing parents; euthanasia; the right to die with dignity etc And feeling time pressing on us all, knowing that at some stage we will all have to make decisions about our own life and health and future. A very interesting read though it was a bit long. I think at least 50 if not 100 pages could've been chopped and we would have lost nothing valuable. I feel this book would not appeal to a younger person who was not facing ...more
Bruce Wadd
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I chose this book because I am interested in death, dying, grief and loss from a personal stance. Very detailed written work, giving great pictures of the experience of losing a father and the grief experienced. The latter half of the book for me was tediously detailed... and I just couldn't finish it.
Merideth Lee
Jun 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Tedious and a trial to get through. For a woman of such strong faith and compassion for the experiences of others in a broad reaching sense, Caroline Jones appears to be rather hard on those around her, such as her stepmother Mary.
Gaye
Jul 12, 2011 rated it liked it
It took a while to read this, a touchy topic.
Kim Hine