Start by marking “How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best” as Want to Read:
How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best

How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
In "How to Reach Your Full Potential for God," acclaimed pastor and speaker Charles Stanley connects readers with the plan and purpose God envisioned when He created them.

"Things are never going to change" or "This is just the way I am--I'm never going to get better" are just a few of the damaging lies Christians believe about themselves, their situations, and their walk.
Published December 1st 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about How to Reach Your Full Potential for God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Reach Your Full Potential for God

Amanda Tero
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It took me several months to read this, but it was so good! There were many times I had to pause and consider what I read—and now that I’ve finished it, a lot of ideas to pray about applying. Every page was packed with Biblical counsel and a strong focus on God, following Him, and seeking His glory. It is well-worth the read and I highly recommend it.

“You are only as clean as your last decision or choice.”

“What you can conceive as a child of God, you can accomplish as the lord leads and the Holy
Sunflower
Reading,"How to Reach Your Full Potential for God",, I was impressed by the scriptural backing of the book.

Covering seven principles that often reflect the daily concerns that as Christians, people find themselves struggling or looking how to deal with, Dr. Charles Stanley, provides biblical backed solutions and examples from the Bible of how to seek God's Word, to reach,our individual potential, to serve and worship our Heavenly Father at our best.

What ,"How to Reach Your Full Potential for Go
Debbie
Dec 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
The title of this book is excellent in describing who it's for. If you want to reach your full potential for God, then this book is for you. It's written in a style of a coach (Dr. Stanley) telling an athlete (the reader) how to win the game (a life serving God) with the game plan coming from the Bible. Some of the advice might sound a little extreme to some readers, but I'd agree that extreme is appropriate if you want to reach your full potential--just like a top athlete is willing to push the ...more
Reid
Mar 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Charles Stanley has a lot of "how to" books and his approach is somewhat like a formula. Do the following and you will reach all your potential.

His premise is that if one
- Wants God's Best
#4 Has a Healthy Body
#5 Cultivates Right Relationships
#6 Maintains a Balanced Schedule
#7 Is Taking God-Approved Risks

Lots of wisdom in this book so I appreciated various aspects of the topic. I
Dana Rongione
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever look at your life and feel that there must be more to it? Do you ever wonder about God's plan for your life yet feel as if you're falling short? In this book, Charles Stanley hits on seven key points necessary for living your life in God's will and at your full potential.

From the very beginning of the book, I felt as if Dr. Stanley was speaking to me and that through him, God was answering many questions that I had been asking lately. God has so much in store for us, but so many of u
Margaret
Dec 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Charles Stanley has always been one of the foremost Christian teachers and this book is no exception. He breaks down the steps in the simplest forms and uses stories to reinforce. I find that I'm most receptive to this type of "self help" books. I found this book easy to read and follow. It took me a LONG time to read this because I would read a chapter, let it sink in, read it again while changing my thoughts and actions to reflect the teaching. If you are looking to take your walk with God a s ...more
Elaine
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a little hard to get into but gave a lot of good ideas for reaching one's true potential for God.
Lisa
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. I have learned so much. By God's grace, I am learning to apply God's Word in this area. I encourage everyone to read this book.
Feb 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
As the title suggests, How to Reach Your Full Potential for God is basically a self-help book written from a Christian perspective. Stanley makes use of the typical self-help style-book in employing numbered lists and rhetorical questions that could easily be transferred to index cards to be taped to the reader's mirror. What sets this one apart from the norm is the last phrase of the title that shifts the focus off of the self and back to God.

Unfortunately, the book felt simultaneously heavy o
David Keith
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference, reread
Dr., Rev. Charles Stanley does reach out to the very depths of a sensible psychology that makes one feel good, worthy, and sanctified about him/herself. Written in plain earthy English with divine wisdom connecting as one to help the reader understand that they are beautifully, and wondrously made. Yes, Dr. Stanley invites you to solve, and work out your salvation. You are worth it, you are beautiful, you are sanctified, you are blessed, you are ordained, go and make disciples of all nations. Ca ...more
  • The Law of Happiness: How Spiritual Wisdom and Modern Science Can Change Your Life (The Secret Things of God)
  • Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream
  • Your Money Counts: The Biblical Guide to Earning, Spending, Saving, Investing, Giving, and Getting Out of Debt
  • Love Beyond Reason: Moving God's Love from Your Head to Your Heart
  • How to Study the Bible for Yourself
  • Under Cover: The Promise of Protection Under His Authority
  • Rumors of God: Experience the Kind of Faith You've Only Heard About
  • Fit to Be Tied: Making Marriage Last a Lifetime
  • The Key To Personal Peace
  • Paul for Everyone: 1 Corinthians
  • Spiritual Mentoring: A Guide for Seeking & Giving Direction
  • The Road to Unafraid: How the Army's Top Ranger Faced Fear and Found Courage through Black Hawk Down and Beyond
  • Pure Pleasure: Why Do Christians Feel So Bad about Feeling Good?
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...