Start by marking “Eye of the Storm (Hudson, #3)” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Storm (Hudson, #3)

Eye of the Storm

(Hudson #3)

In the wake of a terrible loss, Rain is left alone to bear the Hudson family secrets — as dark and forbidding as storm clouds on the horizon...

After the death of her beloved Grandmother Hudson, Rain found herself caught in a battle for the vast Hudson family wealth. Marked to inherit millions, Rain faced the fury of her unaccepting mother, her manipulative stepfather, and
Published December 1st 2005 by Pocket Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Eye of the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye of the Storm

Kim Smiley
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rissy
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: v-c-andrews
Chelsea Gouin
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vc-andrews
This review will contain spoilers, so proceed with caution.
What the heck happened?!? Now, I've never been blown away by a VC Andrews book, but go in expected juicy and ridiculous drama that fans all seem to expect. This had your treasure trove of Andrews cliches...like every single card was thrown. This is where the spoilers are...We have psychotic family member that lives in a fantasy land, tragic accident leading to paralysis, accidental death of a family member, tragic death of the only nice
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
DAISY DISNEY
Most VC Andrews novels are predictable....Poor girl somehow finds her way in a rich family, family secrets & forbidden sex. These seem to be the repetative elements in her books. This doesn't deter me from reading them though. I enjoyed Rain's story even if at times I knew that the following pages would hold.
Laurie O'
Jan 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3rd book in the Novel series - Great story, great suspense..I've never read a book in this short of time. I couldn't put it down. I Can't want to start the 4th book.
Dawn
Jan 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys V. C. Andrews books.
Recommended to Dawn by: I have read all the books by V. C. Andrews.
This was the third book in a very enjoyable series. This was one of the better series put out in V. C. Andrews name in recent years.
Mags
Feb 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The inconsistencies in this novel are actually frustrating. The plot is weak and the family secrets were unrealistic. The book didn’t have any real depth or have clarification. I don’t like how Rain has no backbone. This book was a disappointment. It was almost depressing with the amount of tragedy in this novel. I found Austin’s bond with Rain was unrealistically fast.
Hannah Misselhorn
Amy Johnson
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tragedy strikes early in this book for Tain. Her future goes from promising to crumbling apart completely. Honestly, VC Andrews protagonists are generally very tragic figures, but Rain takes the biscuit here.
Wendy Murphree
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It a good, but have a lot of drama
Galion Public Library Teens
Review by M.F. : "This is my favorite book of the series & I loved the passionate love story."
Ann
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vc-andrews
I didn’t find the series as exciting as I found the older books. Available from national Library service.
Emma
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by V C Andrews. The thrilling storyline and the addictive characters keep you from going to sleep at night haha! :-)
Nessa
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series many years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Wendy C.
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book, but full of drama
Leigh
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, trashy
I don't know why I expected these to be any good. The series gets so progressively racist and ableist with both physical and mental disabilities that I wonder if it's even worth putting the effort into the next one, which is blessedly the last one.

I'm going to read the Flowers in the Attic series at some point, which I'm hoping will satisfy my craving for scandalous trash without making me roll my eyes every five seconds and and wince at some other "tragic mulatto" trope the ghost writer decide
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
I enjoyed the earlier books that Andrew Neiderman wrote after V.C. Andrews' death, namely the Cutler series. But after that, each series he wrote became progressively less like the masterpieces VCA herself would write. The Landry and Logan series were enjoyable, and the Orphans and Wildflowers miniseries were all right. But I was glad when Neiderman announced his return to a full-length series. I read Rain and Lightning Strikes, but both books were disappointing, and this book no less so. VCA di ...more
Liz
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J.N.
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
In the third book of the Hudson series, Rain has to deal with inheriting nearly everything from her grandmother. Her mother, stepfather, and aunt are less than thrilled, threatening to take legal actions against her until one tragedy after another leaves Rain so helpless that she finally gives into her bossy aunt's demands . . . and what a price she will pay.

This is a re-read--nearly all the V.C. Andrews books I'll be reading are--and I remember not liking this much the first time I read it. I d
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was filled with time-stopping revelations and strange secrets from Rain's past, present, and future.

When Rain falls off a horse, her life has changed forever. When she meets therapist Austin Clarke, she knows that she has found the love of her life. But there is just one thing: Rain gets pregnant. How can one give birth to a child if the one is handicapped?
This book has been my favourite one out the whole series: I really liked how Andrews incorporated aunt Vic
Angel **Book Junkie**
This is probably my favorite book in the series. I think that it really took me into another world and I really liked the story of Rain and how she coped with all that life threw at her. I always knew she would be a strong person and I am so glad the path she chose to take in the end. It actually was a very wise decision that many would not be able to take. I honestly believed the characters and the story and I am pretty excited to go back in life and read some of the classics I knew and loved w ...more
Ibedamnd
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying this series so far! I haven't checked to see if there is another book in this series or not. But if there is, I will definitely read it. I found the first two books in this series to be not very thrilling, at least nowhere near as thrilling and suspenseful as the "flowers in the attic" books. I am, however, liking these ones, and this book in particular is probably my favorite one in this series. :) :)
Donna
Aug 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read. This was the last series that was in the old tradition of more than 2 books for the series. Was not what I expected, but in a good way. After reading the first 2 books this one certainly had a twist that was unexpected. I found this series better than the ones that are newer. Of coarse I have not read many of the newer series. Got a little behind on V. C. Andrews reads there for a few years. Book was good, but not great.
Jackie
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patricia Atkinson
loved it rain trys to go on with her life in a wheelchair with the help of her therapist but as they seem to get closer Victoria wants him fired and ruined.when Victoria is in the house alone with rain she starts to act crazy and rain trys to get away from her but being in a wheelchair has put her to a disadvantage.this is the 3rd book in the Hudson series.
Leslie Edwards
I remember sneaking these books from my moms book collection when I was 11 or 12. The storyline to all the ones that I have read were pretty terrible but I couldn't stop my 12 year old self from reading them! I can't say I do not like these books because I use to love them! I think I may read one at 26 and see how I feel about them.
Debs
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really impressed with the third in the Hudson series of this author. The story keeps moving and turning, it is met with such positivity and optimism despite all the negative things that keep coming at the poor character, Rain. The other characters continue to develop, though with so many died out in this book, goodness knows what will happen in the next one.. can't wait!
Carrie
Apr 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After finishing this the 3rd book of the Hudson series I have to wonder if anyone bothers proofreading any of the story before they rush it off to sale. There are numerous inconsistencies by the time you get to the 3rd book and it becomes frustrating to know the story better than the author seems to.
Jodie Angeline Lee
Loved this book. Looking forward to the next one in the series. I did notice a few mistakes that should have been picked up though like on one page saying Veronica not Victoria. also confused as to why through the first two books Rain calls her sister Beni but in this one calls her Beneatha. .. I know it's her name but still... continuity and all that lol
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Vanquished
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • Snow Angel
  • Journey's End
  • Dragonseed (Dragon Age, #3)
  • The Snowman
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Fury (The Cure, #1)
  • Finding Me
  • Nightshade
  • Thailand
  • Lone Eagle
  • Night Stone
  • My Beloved Son
  • The Dragon Done It
  • The Talisman (Legacy, #2)
  • Shadows on the Mirror (Sarah Fortune, #1)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man

Hudson (5 books)
  • Gathering Clouds (Hudson, #.5)
  • Rain (Hudson, #1)
  • Lightning Strikes (Hudson, #2)
  • The End of the Rainbow (Hudson, #4)