Start by marking “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Classic Starts Audio Series)” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Classic Starts Audio Series)

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Classic Starts Audio Series)

This series has a storybook tale to appeal to every reader. Each classic set features black and white illustrations and comes with 2 audio CDs.For ages 7 and up.SizePaperback, 5-1/2" x 7-1/2" x 1/2" Title The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
Published June 1st 2010 by Sterling

Start your review of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Classic Starts Audio Series)
Wadha
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer because I never read it when I was child. Also, it has events in each chapter that make the reader get exciting to continue reading the book. It is about a young boy Tom who always searching for a new adventure but he end it in trouble. Tom lives with his Aunt Polly. He likes Becky Thatcher a new girl in school. He hangs out with Huck Finn. One night both of them witness a murder but they scared to tell the troth. Tom is adventurer young boy
HJ Shirley
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Fun read for my boys!
Wesley
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a boy named Tom who goes on a lot of adventures, and in doing so gets in a lot of trouble. Tom finds himself in many dangerous situations, but he always figures out how to get out of them. Tom also falls in love with a girl, Becky Thatcher.
The Book “Tom Sawyer” takes place in a small town, St. Petersburg, in Missouri. The story takes place all over the town. Tom and his friends frequently swim in the river, play in the cave, and even go to the graveyard. Tom, the main
Ms. Parker
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time that I've read this book. It was surprisingly good in my opinion. I really wanted to know more about Huck family and friends. Two young men from two different situations. Becomes good friend's
Leah Hahn
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is wonderful for a 3rd to 4th grade level. It is very easy to follow, and has content that stays around grade level.

This book follows the adventures of Tom Sawyer as he hunts for buried treasure, visits graveyards, and explores dark and secret caves near him house.
Yogi Travelling
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: united-states
Nice read.

I'm reminded how imagination leads to adventure...
Tayla
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read for boys! Clever.
Chris Chinchilla

Following Sterling's spectacularly successful launch of its children's classic novels (240,000 books in print to date),comes a dazzling new series: Classic Starts. The stories are abridged; the quality is complete. Classic Starts treats the world's beloved tales (and children) with the respect they deserve--all at an incomparable price.

"Tom Sawyer liked adventures, which means he was always getting in trouble." Searching for treasure, witnessing a murder, getting caught in a bat cave,

Christopher Menatti
If someone knew how to find treasure they would probably do it. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain is about a boy named Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin Tom's friend who are trying to find treasure. In the book the author makes you wonder if they will find treasure or not. The author does this by making them start digging for it a lot. The author also makes it scary for them because there is a criminal around. When they were looking for treasure they saw the criminal. The author makes you ...more
Kristen Sawyer
This story was published in 1876 and that makes it historical fiction. Tom was a witness to a murder and he had to decide whether to keep quiet about it and hope for the best or tell the authorities and risk the murderer coming after him. Tom was a rambunctious and mischievous boy and some of the lessons he had to learn way back in 1876 are still valuable lessons to learn today. It’s the story of how a young boy grows up morally, psychologically and intellectually. Some of the lessons kids can ...more
Kenley
I tried re-reading this book to see if I could understand it this time, or see if it wa any better. I was wrong. We all know the basic story of Tom Sawyer. Honestly, the way it is written and transcribed, it makes me feel blessed that "Great Illustrated Classics" exist. That series is how I understood Frankenstein, read Jekyll & Hyde over and over, but Tom Sawyer is just plain boring. I don't casually read Twain or Shakespeare. I could spend a full 10 minutes on a page of Tom Sawyer and ...more
Cynthia
May 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again another read from the Classic Starts series. My boys really got into this one and I admit that I did too. What boy doesn't love the adventures of young Tom Sawyer? There were a couple of times where we were all sitting at the edge of our seats in anticipation of how Tom was going to get out of some of the situations he finds himself in. It was admittedly a little intense for them at times and they kept begging for "one more chapter!" so that they could have some resolution. I highly ...more
LULU lee
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has a splendid childhood just like have the world, and let us unforgettable and " The Adventures of Tom Sawyer " masters Tom is a typical example, he is a clever sedentary children, he resourceful, compassionate, who resent the attitude of the real environment, bent out of town, to become outlaws, too chivalric life. In his Aunt 's eyes, he is a naughty, acting more ghosts, she cannot help himself like him; in children it seems, he was a wise leader, a hero. From them we saw the shadow of ...more
Tiana
I would never have picked this book up, but Steven brought it home from the library and I decided to try it. It was a great way to introduce my kids to the story. They loved it. And while I know they missed some of the humor and wit of Twain's writing, it made the story so much more accessible. I will definitely try another Classic Starts.
Bridget
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book a lot. The further along I got in the book, the more I liked it. I wouldn't say it's a favorite, but still really good none-the-less. As always, I loved Huck Finn. It took me so long to read because it took some time for me to get into it, plus, I was reading another book as well.

There isn't a whole lot I can say about this book so, I guess I'll end it here!
Rose
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is an edge of your seat kind of book. It has an overwhelmingly powerful voice. That if you read it right you can see perfectly clear. I enjoyed reading it and never got bored. It was not a very difficult book to read. You can't really sum up just one thing about it. But "' Tomas Sawyer'" had some crazy adventures.
Kristin
Since I never read this as a child, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this aloud with my 7 & 8 year olds. I saw reviews criticizing this version for being too abridged-- but since I haven't read the original, I enjoyed the brevity of this one along with my kids. It was a fun book to read-- with lots of interesting conversations and interruptions throughout.
Minkyo Seo
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading about the adventures of a boy. There are classic themes about children all throughout, even though it is set in the late 1800s. I especially enjoyed the superstitions Tom believed. My favorite thing about this book is that tom is very adventurous and curious about everything. Over all, I have enjoyed this book. And I recommend to people who likes to read adventure stories.
Evansmom
I read this to my son when he was 8. This was one of the classics I wanted to him to know. Since most kids don't get a chance to read them. It was enjoyable reading about this mischief he encountered. And the suspense of a murder in town.
06kuot
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of humor in it, and it is easily connected to many of our previous childhood experiences. The version I read isn't this one, but since I have this version of book at home too I just added it. I strongly recommend this book, it is a classic and I pity those who haven't read it.
Eric Starkman
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book. It was about a kid named Tom Sawyer who went on a lot of adventures. He has an adventurous soul. he can go on 20+ adventures a day. If you asked him to tell you about something he'd do it. Tom sawyer knows a lot in this book.
Fateemya
(Tom, Huck & Bicky) are the main personalities of The adventures of Tom Sawyer written by Mark Twain.

The events and adventures transferred between { school, church, graveyard and cave}.

It is a nice story to read.
Kylimichaels
I didn't like this book as much as I thought I would. I guess it's because I didn't understand some, if not most, of it. But the parts I did understand were humorus. Not my favorite book, but it's a classic.
Karen Hsu
Feb 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Karen by: Paul Hsu
Shelves: yafiction
I enjoyed reading about the adventures of a boy. There are classic themes about children all throughout, even though it is set in the late 1800s. I especially enjoyed the superstitions Tom believed. We have similar superstitions as kids.
Kenneth Peng
Jan 29, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was the extremely abridged version. It was quite dull. After reading a bit of the original version, this version does not compare at all. It lacks a lot of the "oomph" that the original story had. Do not recommend at ALL.
SooMin Kang
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read this book from the recommendation of my teacher since she said it was very funny. I enoyed laughing at all the strange trouble Tom Sawyer and his friends got into. Especially painting the fence!!
Stephen
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was very mysterious and full of excitement.
Suzanne
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Only read it because I had to teach it for five years. Over time, it became funnier, and less like having a tooth pulled.
Meghan Smith
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On page 90. Very descriptive and shows what many people are thinking throughout the book.
Maryam
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved it it's really fun! Oh and by the way theres an The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, i haven't read that one yet

• Little Women
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Classic Starts Series)
  • Oliver Twist
  • The Secret Garden
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood
  • The Further Adventures of Robinson Crusoe
  • Black Beauty
  • Treasure Island
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls (Sparknotes Literature Guides)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Classic Starts)
  • White Fang
  • The Swiss Family Robinson (Classic Starts Series)
  • Dracula (Classic Starts)
  • Around the World in 80 Days (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Lunch Money