Start by marking “Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis” as Want to Read:
Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis

Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  469 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
For courses in Cost Accounting.This Student Guide and Review Manual is a self-study aid to accompany the 10th edition of Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis by Horngren, Foster, and Datar. It is specifically designed to help today's busy students (1) reinforce and clarify their understanding of the textbook material, and (2) help them review for exams quickly and effect ...more
Published November 28th 1997 by Prentice Hall (first published 1962)

Andrey
Aug 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its great, if you want to learn about cost accounting.
Nancy
Dec 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book desperately needs a good editing job. It could easily deliver all the information more clearly if it were 2/3 the length. That said, I got what I needed out of it. Good exercises, as well.
Renee
Jan 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I suppose it is hard to rate a text book that is geared for accounting concepts that are very mathematical in nature. But, this book was relatively easy to understand, okay organization, and certainly did the job for the class (I learned the material). I would have liked to see some electronic resources as well. Not only did the book not come with a CD (to download the many, many spreadsheets I had to create in order to do the work), it also failed to have ANY resources from the publisher. No we ...more
Zebardast Zebardast
didam ahme ketab darsiashoonam miaran,goftam manam jaa namoonam ye vaghti;)
Naser
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is very good.
we stady that in shiraz university in iran and that is a main source for Master.
Iyok736

Publisher: Prentice Hall
Book Type: Hardcover
On My: BIR, Transaction Archive
Other Versions: Paperback
CJ - Weston, MO reviewed Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, 11th on 10/22/2010

A very interesting baccalaureate/college level textbook. I learned so much about accounting for my small business from this
Ian McGaffey
The textbook was useful and it did teach everything it said it would. I felt that the explanations were extremely wordy and the book could have been significantly shorter, say 2/3 as long. Made it very hard to read all 22 chapters in the alloted time for class. Took a lot of time away from other courses as it took roughly twice as long to read a chapter.
Nov 06, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is extremely hard to read and the homework questions are really hard. This is one of the hardest textbooks I've read. It doesn't help that my class is difficult too. I would not recommend this book. I'm glad that at least my professor told us that there is an e-version of it online so I didn't need to buy a hardcover copy.
Haytham Badawey
This book is not bad, but it's not as great as the book Introduction to Management Accounting-Full Book (14th Edition)
Michelle
Feb 14, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
I've had many international editions before, but this one was specifically for India. Apparently their numbering system is a bit different; between that, the names and the format of the book, it was really hard to read, and the problems in the back of the book weren't the same either. FYI--Pearson Int'l editions apparently suck hard-core. I've never had any problems with McGraw Hill, though.
Alit275
Sep 17, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
good
Kokopelli's Flute
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A "classic" on the fundamentals of cost accounting / management accounting.
Prince Aban
greatttttttttttt
Opada
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahlam Nass
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's great
Joanna Galeas
It was a good book, a bit basic in its examples. But the problem set is appropriate-level.
Gwenyth Love
Better than the 5th edition, that's for sure...
Venelina
Great textbook! I love it! Made my Management accounting experience more interesting and easy!
Alfian
Aug 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Provides key data to managers for planning and controlling, as well as costing product, services and customers, great value in personal financial management
Valerie
If I'm going to spend the next 3 months reading this book for class, I might as well list it here.
Bob
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Used as textbook by Prof. Yuji Ijiri, Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Carnegie Mellon University for MBA-level Managerial Accounting course, Fall 1980.
Aktivani
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: economics
I really need more times to understand all the materials that as we know that cost accounting is terribly hard. Please kindly explaining in simple way to become more helpful.
Vikram Khanna
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solved examples were helpful in practising the concepts learnt.
Ellen
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Final exam in a couple days... finishing up Chapter 23 just now. Thank god this book was useful, the professor was not. Dazzling as accounting texts go.
Cahyo Edi
Apr 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buku-kuliah
semoga bisa lulus UAS semester ini dengan nilai yang lumayan..
AkMen oh Akmen...
Abdo El
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is good book
Roger
Oct 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complicated, and sophisticated sort of like my ex girlfriend.
hi 2 15 Nov 21, 2011 01:17AM
  • Statistics for Business and Economics [with CD-ROM and InfoTrac]
  • Accounting And Finance For Non Specialists
  • Fundamental Accounting Principles
  • Organizations: Behavior, Structure, Processes
  • Managing Human Resources (with InfoTrac  1-Semester Printed Access Card)
  • Microsoft Secrets: How the World's Most Powerful Software Company Creates Technology, Shapes Markets and Manages People
  • Red Victory: A History of the Russian Civil War, 1918-1921