Start by marking “Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers” as Want to Read:
Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers

Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers

(Avengers: Miniseries)

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes were unaware of a threat greater than all of them could handle. And on that day, a teleporting puppy scoured the world to assemble a team of animals to fight the foes no single beast could withstand! Strap on your collar and hop on-board the adventures of LOCKJAW, LOCKHEED, REDWING, HAIRBALL, and a ...more
Published November 4th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers

Trish
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This little comic consists of 4 issues introducing the reader to a number of "pets". The first one being Lockjaw, a giant bulldog that belongs to the Inhumans (or at least one family of them). Reed Richards tells two Inhumans that they need to find the Infinity Stones to prevent Thanos from having them. Now guess who stumbles upon the first? Correct! Lockjaw.
When he tries to tell Reed Richards, he is misunderstood/ignored and thus makes his own way to retrieve the remaining ones. On his way, he
Christopher
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shadowdenizen
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-superhero
What can I say? I'm a sucker for cute animal comics! 😄
Dan
May 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I talk about this book here - https://youtu.be/mJqgwgDPCuE
Andrew
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book. And, I did … but only a little, sort of like the blind date with the nice personality that wasn't the worst evening of your life but ended up not being followed up with a second date.

On the good side, the book was fun, didn't take itself too seriously BUT never lost sight of the fact that its characters were established characters in the Marvel Universe. In the beginning, Reed Richards explains to Black Bolt that he is searching for the Infinity Gems, one of which app
Terence
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Reed Richards approaches the Inhuman Royal Family to obtain their help locating the infinity gems and keeping them from Thanos. Lockjaw just happens to locate the mind gem
description
and after trying to alert the humans,
description
he teleports off to find some animal assistance.
description
Lockjaw's Pet Avengers are born.
description

I read Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers because of the number one Inhuman canine Lockjaw. It's a shame that every other character could talk, but he couldn't. He had some sort of telepathic link with Throg, the frog
Alex Sarll
An endearing - and to my surprise, wholly canonical - outing in which the Inhumans' enormous teleporting dog and an assortment of other animal sidekicks get into various lighthearted hijinks as they successfully round up the Infinity Gems and face down the mad titan Thanos. It's going to be really hard trying to take him seriously again in Avengers: Infinity War when I'll be spending the whole time half-expecting Squirrel Girl or Lockjaw to turn up and send him packing.
Cass Winters
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I got Marvel Unlimited, I spent a lot of time just going through what I could read, instead of reading. Then when I finally decided what I wanted to read first, I started with a few issues of Red She-Hulk. I realized though for this, I did not want to start with that. I wanted to start with something that showcased my love of quirky and weird characters. Characters that are not necessarily “bigger” characters. When I saw the title “Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers” I immediately knew that this ...more
ISMOTU
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A colourful collection of critters band together to safeguard the Infinity Gems in this fun little miniseries. Chris Eliopoulos does a good job highlighting each animal's personality and the art by Ig Guara is solid and keeps the story grounded.

A cute read, plenty of fun and nice to see the Infinity MacGuffins in a story that's not trying to top every other universe shattering peril.
Johnny Andrews
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simple yet delightfully fun. Aimed more for the younger readers this is still a much fun and often very funny book. Lockjaw and other pets of heroes go on a quest for the infinity gems before Thanos gets them.
Daniel Lewis
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the premise and it was a fun read. I feel like the ending was kind of phoned in. The different animals and mystical creatures were well done. The artwork was good and the colors outstanding. I read the collected edition which had a few extra issues and alternate covers gallery.
Madeleine
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clearly, more threats to the universe should be solved by reluctant bands of super-critters. Snarky cat a must!
Gomezmr
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The comic was very fantastic.
Ondra Král
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Zábavná volovina. Rozhodně to není tak blbé, jak to zní
3,5*
Kellie Sullivan
Very meh. Definitely a middle grade graphic novel, but doesn’t add much to the marvel universe as a whole
Allen Smith
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have had this title on my to read list for awhile. A welcome collection, combining powered animals from the Marvel Universe, taking off with the main characters Lockjaw and Puddlegulp-formerly Simon Walterson- who, as a frog, was introduced by writer Walter Simonson in Thor Vol 1, issue 365, and is within this equally charming series advanced as Throg-Frog of Thunder, being granted a portion of the power of Thor from a sliver of his hammer (Mjölnir).

Chris Eliopoulis as a successive writer clearl
Devero
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Una divertente follia, che pesca a piene mani dalla mitologia Marvel per mettere insieme il gruppo più assurdo di sempre: la Rana che fu un uomo amica di Thor, creata da Simonson; Lockjaw, il cane teleporta degli Inumani, creato da Lee e Kirby; il draghetto Lockheed da Chris Claremont e Dave Cockrum; il gatto di Speedball, di Ditko; Zabu, la tigre dai denti a sciabola, ancora di Lee e Kirby; Redwing, di Lee e Colan. A questi Eliopulos aggiunge la cagnetta presidenziale; insieme questi animali in ...more
Gabriel Wallis
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
It was actually enjoyable to read about the formation of the Pet Avengers. In "Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers", the Pet Avengers go on a mission to find all the Infinity Gems and keep them safe before Thanos attains them. You learn about Throg's origin, fight Devil Dinosaur, meet President Obama's dog Bo, battle Thanos, and save a girl's sanity at a prom. I really enjoyed looking over the Marvel Pets Handbook toward the end of the graphic novel. It was really helpful. I've already read the second ...more
Hannah Givens
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute animals, and actually a good Infinity Gems story. I liked that it was so strongly part of the Marvel universe, something would believably happen unbeknownst to the human heroes, although that makes it less recommendable to others who might just want a cute superhero pet story or whatever. Also be aware that about a third of it is the Marvel Pets Handbook, not a story.
Tommy
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was a pretty funny series. Got interested in Lockjaw through reading the Inhumans and the fact that I have a bulldog (future halloween costume?). It's a very lighthearted, amusing story and a pretty decent team. I wish Lockjaw was more involved and I expected him to be the leader but Throg took on that role. Still a really fun read though.
Kathleen
Do not mess with Lockjaw, or Frog Thor, or Mrs. Lion. The Pet Avengers assemble, collect the Infinity Gems, and take out Thanos. If that's not a story that you want to read, I don't even want to know you.
Marcela
If Marvel's Infinity Wars films were to be aimed at children, this could be the plot. Cute story with a bunch of Easter eggs for adult Marvel readers, but also stands on its own if you're looking for a silly, kid-friendly adventure.
Christopher
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most fun comics series I've read in years. The characterization is perfect, and the art is flat out gorgeous. I know it's probably a vain hope, but I would love for Marvel to return to this well, but only with the same creative team.
Jdetrick
I wish I liked this more than I did, as it has some amazing creators involved. Unfortunately, while its not bad, it s a little basic and a little silly (and not silly in a fun way like Tiny Titans). Diverting, but nothing more.
SmokingMirror
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would give it four stars for the cover art alone. Lockjaw is a great leader but it would be nice to have more female Avengers, though Ms. Lion is an interesting addition to the team. I have my doubts about whether the upcoming movie will be as good as this story.
Justine
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Frivolous, easy summer reading. I really liked it and would recommend for all ages. Not much familiarity with the rest of the Marvel universe is needed.
Delaney
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
what a ridiculous book
J.T. Whitesell
Jul 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This is such a cute comic and has an interesting story line. I'm glad that someone remembered the worth of our heroes' pets. I even ran out to get #2 in this story arch. Keep 'em coming!
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
James
Sep 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Not actually good, but very entertaining.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Avengers: Miniseries (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • X-Men vs. Avengers