Start by marking “Active Baby, Healthy Brain: 135 Fun Exercises and Activities to Maximize Your Child’s Brain Development from Birth Through Age 5 1/2” as Want to Read:

Movement, play, and active exploration in the first five years of a child’s life are essential to the development of his or her body and brain. Now Active Baby, Healthy Brain presents 135 massages, exercises, and activities that engage your child’s love of play while also stimulating his or her brain development in multiple areas, including:

Balance
Cross-
Published January 12th 2010 by The Experiment

To ask other readers questions about Active Baby, Healthy Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Active Baby, Healthy Brain

Start your review of Active Baby, Healthy Brain: 135 Fun Exercises and Activities to Maximize Your Child’s Brain Development from Birth Through Age 5 1/2
Vivian
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I would have appreciated a book like this when I was raising babies. I intend to give this book to my daughters when they become mothers. The ideas in this book would be perfect to share during a "laptime" at the library. Not only does the book deliver on its promise of "135 fun exercieses and activities to maximize your child's brain development from birth through age 5 and a half", but you find out WHAT these activities do for your child, WHY they are important, clever drawings show HOW to do ...more
Gail
Jul 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: parenting
I didn't find this book particularly useful. Perhaps it is because I have experience working in a preschool and I am currently a nanny for a developmentally delayed boy - I have heard many of these things before. For average children I feel like you could get similar results if you just keep your kids active. Read books, sing, dance, massage, do nursery rhymes from birth. Get them out on the playground challenging themselves physically and experiencing the world. Common sense and traditional chi ...more
Hind
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every parent needs to have a copy of this book!
Shelby
12. Foot pushaways while on back, front
13. Sitting and rock side-to-si
Janet
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book ~ well wrritten - full of information. Great for providing activities for babies and toddlers that will help them grow stronger and healthier. Also good to know that Dad's play throwing in the air - rolling around etc is healthy for them in so may ways - developing balance- physical strength etc..
Ellen
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I only read certain sections that applied to my kiddos, but it did help give me some ideas of skills they are ready to learn. Most I think you do automatically, but for instance I never thought about teaching my daughter to tumble but it sounds like a good idea.
Carol
Sep 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was in all honesty only a partial read. I stopped at 18 months. I think a lot of this book is intuitive. We were doing a lot of these 'exercises' without even knowing it, but the book gave us a few new ideas. This is a book I think would be worth owning as a reference as baby grows.
Zulakmar Hazwan
3. easy
4. fantastic result
Heather
May 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Mostly common sense, but I really liked the idea that moving, touching/massaging, and playing help a child's growing brain. Three cheers for tummy time!
Christine Turner
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Covers both child development and activities. I would highly recommend this book.

Victoria Crook
phaedy
Jul 11, 2019
Jessica Adams
Mar 06, 2014

• The Discipline Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Better-Behaved Child From Birth to Age Ten
  • The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace
  • The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night
  • All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood