Start by marking “Frommer's Rome Day by Day” as Want to Read:
Frommer's Rome Day by Day

Frommer's Rome Day by Day

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
These attractively priced, four-color guides offer dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
Full-color package at an affordable price Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and a
Published January 24th 2006 by Frommer's (first published October 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Frommer's Rome Day by Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frommer's Rome Day by Day

Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
I'm not one for having a book tell you exactly what to do - whether you have one, two, or three days in a city (or more) - but I doubt anyone truly follows these directions step by step. (And those who do are not people I want to know.)

Compared to Frommer's Complete guides (the regular series), these Day by Day books are colorful (4-color, to be exact) and photo-laden. They're just a pleasure to look at, which departs significantly from the bulk of travel guides.

This Rome book was no exception.
Catherine Woodman
This book is small--it comes with an accessible metro map and a plastic pocket with a map of the city in it--my viggest complaint is that it gives one and two day tours but nothing more extensive. I do think that it is small enough to be considered for the final trip, not just used to figure out where you might like to go and be ditched at home. The small and larger maps are easy to read--logically labeled and enoughh colors to be able to discern the differences that you need to know. Hit all th ...more
Nan
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Everything I used from this book on my trip this year proved to be an excellent recommendation. I don't know that you could really do one of their suggested days (at least, not with the way I like to travel), but there's a great mix of all the classic tourist stuff with more off the wall choices, including walking tours of much less touristed neighborhoods like Prati (north of the Vatican) and Parioli (great restaurants). Dream: go to every destination in the day by day serie ...more
Elizabeth Abney
Apr 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, travel
Frommer's Day by day city guides have become one of my favorite types of travel books. While lacking much depth on any particular subject, the sheer breadth of information packed into these pocket-sized books, not to mention the multiple maps and plentiful photographs, more than makes up for it.

From my personal collection.
Jen Angel
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
I used this on a recent trip and found the maps and concise info extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend this to a tourist in Rome. Like any guidebook, it wasn't completely on the mark (and some of the entrance fees to exhibits and museums have increased since 2006), on the whole this was the book I used the most while there.
The
Oct 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I'd been sort of led down the path of Lonely Planet books, but I have to say that this book was the best--loved the organization, suggestions, etc. Very useful on my trip. I'll have to check out other Frommer's guides.
Phil
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: italy, travel
The DK books are the ones to study before you go, the big Frommer books are the ones to research hotels and attractions, and these pocket-size day-by-day books are the ones to take with you. Just came back from Rome and it was the perfect carry-around companion. Good pull-out map, too - a bonus.
F.C.
Jul 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was the BEST guide book ever! I recommend Frommer's for any trip!
Ellen
Mar 10, 2013
amanda
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2011