Start by marking “Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)

Three to Get Deadly

(Stephanie Plum #3)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  128,769 ratings  ·  3,175 reviews
Stephanie Plum, the brassy babe in the powder blue Buick is back and she's having a bad hair day -- for the whole month of January. She's been given the unpopular task of finding Mo Bedemier, Trenton's most beloved citizen, arrested for carrying concealed, gone no-show for his court appearance.

And to make matters worse, she's got Lula, a former hooker turned file clerk --
Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published July 15th 1998 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published February 15th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Three to Get Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three to Get Deadly

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWallbanger by Alice ClaytonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
2,914 books — 6,512 voters
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettLamb by Christopher MooreThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanMe Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Best Humorous Books
3,804 books — 6,919 voters

More lists with this book...

·  128,769 ratings  ·  3,175 reviews

James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book Review
4 of 5 stars to Three to Get Deadly, the third book in the "Stephanie Plum" mystery series written by Janet Evanovich. This was one of the more funny books, as the cast of characters just keeps growing full of hilarity. And if you love ice cream, you need to read this one. Stephanie's kinda like that cousin or old friend who keeps popping back into your life, kinda needs a favor, but is a kick ass person who just sometimes doesn't know how to get things under control. But she keep
Choko
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4.40 ***

The buddy read devoted to fun!!!

Stephanie Plum, an international spy!!! No, no, she is a mob assassin... No? Wait, I got it, a supper scary bounty hunter in crime torn Trenton, New Jersey!!! At least the place and profession are correct, the scary part not so much....

Third book in the series and we know the setting well. The only thing changed in the Trenton area is that because of some unavoidable circumstances, it has one less funeral parlor (it burned down, but it is being rebui
Tilly Slaton
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book demonstrates an explosive and brilliantly comical story.

Stephanie Plum. Bounty hunter.

I checked my pocketbook to make sure I had the essentials…beeper, tissues, hair spray, flashlight, cuffs, lipstick, gun with bullets, recharged cell phone, recharged stun gun, hairbrush, gum, pepper spray nail file. Was I a kick-ass bounty hunter, or what?

That about sums her up. She’s hilarious. She’s brave and bold. She’s a woman on the edge. I don’t know who should be more frightened, Joe Morelli or
sarafem
Jan 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, girl-detectives
Stephanie Plum makes me want to be a bounty hunter. I can't be any worse than her.
Barbara
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bayb-2018

In this third book in the 'Stephanie Plum' series, the bounty hunter is looking for a beloved candy store owner. The book can be read as a standalone.

*****

When Trenton, New Jersey native Stephanie Plum lost her department store job, she became a bounty hunter for her cousin Vinnie. Stephanie's responsibility is to pick up bail skips (people who've missed their court dates) but she's notoriously inept at the job, and gets into all kinds of comical scrapes.

Stephanie's current assignment is to brin
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Obviously I had to return home on Saturday as well. This time I was sans kids as Dad took round two to the next destination for Sunday so it was up to Stephanie Plum to keep me awake. Luckily this was available for download since I had underestimated the length of these in audio format.

This third trip to the ‘Burg finds Stephanie involved in a missing persons case. Everyone’s favorite business owner, Uncle Moe, has gone FTA and is now
Katie
Jul 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Plum Fans
Recommended to Katie by: Mom
Book three was my favorite thus far. I rated this book four stars, because I just couldn't put it down. I really enjoy Janet Evanovich's writing style because something is ALWAYS happening in her novels.
Ugh, sorry to be a "negative-Nancy", but am I the only the that doesn't laugh-out-loud at these books? Lula gets on my nerves (even though she's a sweetheart,) and Stephanie has the "oops! hehe" sense of humor that just always seems to be getting her in trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love readin
Gavin
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This was another light and fun instalment of the Stephanie Plum series.

This time Stephanie has been tasked with brining in Mo "Uncle Mo" Bedemier. An easy job on the surface given the guy is fast approaching retirement age. Unfortunately for Stephanie the whole neighbourhood loves local sweet shop owner Uncle Mo and are more interested in scolding her for harassing the poor guy than they are in helping her find him. Elsewhere in the Burbs crime is at a low as the local criminal element seem to
Patrick Gibson
Nov 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: estrogen
It’s a world I am unfamiliar with—the world of Chic Lit (or, if you are over 18, I refer to as Clit Lit). Even though Janet Evanovich’s books take up at least three shelves at the local Barnes & Noble, I have never noticed. Probably because they are in the Mystery section which I pass through on my way to the Science Fiction wall. I don’t look to either side for fear of turning into a pillar of salt. But—(there is always a but) I am in a strange land under strange circumstances these days an ...more
Gary Sundell
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Stephanie Plum silliness. This time she is after a well loved candy store who misses his court date.
Jilly
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Adaptation is one of the great advantages to being born and bred in New Jersey. We're simply not bested by bad air or tainted water. We're like that catfish with lungs. Take us out of our environment and we can grow whatever body parts we need to survive. After Jersey the rest of the country's a piece of cake. You want to send someone into a fallout zone? Get him from Jersey. He'll be fine.

I've never been to New Jersey, or anywhere in the Northeast part of the U.S.. And, from the colorful desc
Cyndi
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not as exciting as the first two, but still wonderful! Lots of laughs with a few touches of terror. Poor Rex. Good thing he's a fighter. These books are for pure enjoyment. My 'bubble gum books'.

Reread- March 2018
Tracey
Feb 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was enjoying this book until I got to the final chapters. While I appreciate that the Stephanie Plum books are meant to be humourous light reading, Evanovich downplays what the Candy Man (Uncle Mo) has actually been doing and even seems to want you to feel sorry for him. I'm probably in a small minority here especially among Stephanie Plum fans but this has really put me off reading any more in this series.

Lula's character development was good and Lula also provided most of the humour in the b
Lisa B.
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
I listen to books at night when I can't sleep. The bad thing about listening to these Stephanie Plum books is that I spend a lot of time laughing and this kinda defeats the goal of getting me back to sleep.

I'm sure these books are just as funny in writing, but the audio versions are really good. The narrator does a great job with all the different character voices. I'm glad I finally started this series.
Tracy
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy these books. I love Lula & Grandma Mazur! They are two of the funniest characters in any books ever!! Books like these that can make me laugh out loud are priceless!!
Tijana
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Stephanie Plum novels were my after break-up go-to books in high school.
Getting a heart broken at the age of 16? Just invite Steph into your room and it will get mend within hours, smile back on your face!
That was the reason I only read the first two: been saving all the following sequels for years to come.

And the reason why I haven't picked them up in the past 7-8 years was because I was afraid t
Laurel
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not one to laugh out loud. I chortle. I chuckle. I read the amusing bits out loud to my husband. But I rarely laugh out loud. I did with this book, more than once. I'm talking tears rolling down my face and me coughing up phlegm from 1974. This is a VERY funny book. It seems that each book in her series gets better and better. Dare I hope it continues?

This is the continuing saga of wacky Stephanie Plum, girl Bounty Hunter. This time she's traded in her 53 Buick, a pale blue land barge for a
Darce
Heaps of fun and laugh-out-loud funny. (I hate the work (is it a word?) LOL). A fab series!
Carolyn
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: evanovich-janet
I am so enjoying these books! Great fun!
Mo is a much loved character around the Burg, he's the owner of the local sweet shop and adored by all, from the youngest children right through to the little old ladies who frequent his shop. Unfortunately Mo has skipped his bail and it's Stephanie's job to bring him in, something that might be a little bit easier if his fan club wasn't causing her problems at every turn. Nobody can believe that Mo could possibly have done anything wrong so of course Stephanie comes across as the mean woman wit ...more
Gina
Mar 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book! Grandma Mazur cracks me up, as well as a few other characters. I like how Ranger stays the mysterious character; it's fun trying to guess about him. And Stephanie ~ I guess you could say the Italian in her shines through. And I really like her. She may not be brave, but she's tenacious, and the thoughts in her head make me crack up just the same. And Joe...what I wouldn't do to actually meet him (if he were real, of course). Joyce - she got what she deserved. I just wish so ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a great read. I really enjoyed the humor in the story. The characters are great to read and they make me laugh. I really enjoy Stephanie's character because she is a kick ass character. She does not always know how to handle situations, but she is a person who gives it her all, and that is something that I admire about her. She never gives up. I thought that the story was great. I have found a new love for the mystery genre, and I am glad because these books are funny, while other serie ...more
Dawn
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
More Stephanie Plum. I did not like this one as much as the others. It has a few good parts like when her hair gets dyed orange and a when a body flew off the roof of a car on the interstate. You do get to know Ranger more in this book, but other than that I had a hard time reading it. The case she was working was not very interesting and I got tired of reading about her feeding her hamster and taking a shower. It would be better if she started learning how to be a bounty hunter instead of bumbl ...more
Melissa
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving this Series. Off to read book 4! this book makes me want to be a bounty hunter with orange hair LOL
mina
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
2.75

It’s not that I’m disappointed, just… I remember how much I loved the first book, even the second book although it was a bit weaker than the first one, but I wasn’t that impressed with this one. It had some fun/funny sentences and it was an easy read, but I’m afraid that’s it.
Anita
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm doing a reread of this series using the audio books this time. They have made excellent errand/housekeeping/exercise companions and the looks I get at the gym when I burst out laughing are pretty funny too. For sheer entertainment and a distraction from the He!! that going to the gym is, these books are wonderful. Maybe by the time I finish a reread of the entire series, I'll have a gym habit and will look forward to exercise - probably not, but hope springs eternal.

Stephanie Plum, Trenton's
Dana
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bounty-hunter Stephanie Plum is on the hunt again, in Janet Evanovich's "Three to Get Deadly," and she is out to catch The Burg's most wanted and dangerous "Failure to Appears": drug dealers, murderers, guys in chicken costumes. And poor Stephanie has the battle scars to prove it: she is shot at, knocked unconscious and has her hair dyed (unwillingly) orange.

Janet Evanovich, in this series, has managed to deliver humor along with the suspense, and "Three to Get Deadly" has its fair share of both
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I’ll be honest and say I didn’t get much out of this book. When I realized that one book didn’t build on the other in this series, I didn’t bother to rewind if I missed something. I’m pretty sure I missed half this book.

Plus, the cat and mouse between Stephanie and Joe is not endearing but rather annoying. I hate when an author uses an interruption as a plot device to keep the couple apart or doing the deed. I’ll give an author a pass on one, but this author continues to use this multiple times
Wonda
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5! This series is SLOWLY getting better...Vigilanyes killing drug dealers...Can say I blame them! Relationships are progressing just like every other series...Maybe one more...Does this series get any better??? Is it worth continuing??
Charlotte Burt
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-ebook
I have read three of these books in a week, loving them but I think I may be overdoing it. The thing I love about Stephanie Plum is that she is very relatable and very human.
Vashikaran Specialist +91-9929415910 1 2 Dec 28, 2018 09:01PM
Girl Vashikaran Mantra +91-9929415910 1 1 Dec 28, 2018 08:07PM
Get Love Problem Solution+91-9929415910 1 1 Dec 28, 2018 08:06PM
Missing pages :-( 3 39 Jan 03, 2015 12:54AM
The Women's Myste...: #3 Three to Get Deadly 1 14 Jun 06, 2013 08:35PM
What happened in the end? 3 142 Aug 01, 2012 05:29PM

• Full House (Full #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #2)
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Mayhem in High Heels (High Heels, #5)
  • P is for Peril (Kinsey Millhone, #16)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #3)
  • The Cereal Murders (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #3)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mysteries Book 2)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)
“I make lots of mistakes. I try hard not to make the same mistake more than three or four times.” 399 likes
“Maybe next time we just open the door and start out with some bitch slapping.” 82 likes