Start by marking “The Living Past of America: A Pictorial Treasury of our Historic Houses and Villages that have been Preserved and Restored” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
917.3Van
Published 1955 by Crown Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Living Past of America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Living Past of America

Mohammad Ali

نمره ی واقعی: یک و نیم - به دلیل اینکه سود کتاب با حجمش متناسب نیست

1) برخورد من با این کتاب و امیدهای بر باد رفته

(view spoiler)
Melissa
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is an older book, published in 1955. I was excited to find it I one of our local libraries this week and have greatly enjoyed reading through it and seeing all of the places that we have visited over the years, as well as some that I would still like to visit someday. Obviously, Mr. Vanderbilt was well-travelled, but I enjoyed his personal narration a of family trips visiting these same locations. This Bo ok is a relaxing read.
Cws
David
Dec 02, 2015
Lady Samantha
Jun 03, 2017
Newspaper publisher, journalist, author and military officer, Cornelius was born into the famous Vanderbilt family. He was an outcast of high society and who was disinherited by his parents when he became a newspaper publisher. He worked as a staff member of the New York Herald and later The New York Times. In the early 1920s, Vanderbilt launched several newspapers and tabloids—the Los Angeles Ill ...more