Start by marking “What's Wrong With My Plant? (And How Do I Fix It?): A Visual Guide to Easy Diagnosis and Organic Remedies” as Want to Read:

Become a Plant DoctorNo Ph.D. Required!

What's Wrong With My Plant? provides an easy system for visually diagnosing any garden plant problem and matching it to the right cure. By offering organic solutions for over 400 plant maladies, this book is the go-to source whenever your plants are a little under the weather. This innovative and easy-to-use guide presents easy-to-fo
Published December 2nd 2009 by Timber Press (first published September 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about What's Wrong With My Plant? (And How Do I Fix It?)

Start your review of What's Wrong With My Plant? (And How Do I Fix It?): A Visual Guide to Easy Diagnosis and Organic Remedies
Clarke
Apr 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
While I can see what they were going for and why people would like this book it didn't serve my purposes. The idea of starting with the symptoms and then giving the diagnosis (like going to the doctor) is a good one but this book doesn't quite pull it off in an easy to use way. It was both too generic and too specific all at once.

What I wanted is a book that listed each plant (fruit, veggie, and herb) then had pictures of possible problems and then solutions. This book had pictures of generic l
Ann Keller
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gardening
Outstanding book. All of the photographs in this book are the key. If you have an ailing or diseased plant, no amount of words can help you, but this book can! If you have evidence of some kind of boring insect or fungus, you can see the damage. By researching in this book, you can find a match. I found a match for two of my problems - fungus on my pumpkin leaves and an arborvitae that was turning brown. Excellent resource.
Kit Veerkamp
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a useful resource on a basic level...until you try to look up a specific item, like broccoli. The index is obviously messed up because none of the pages referenced have anything to do with broccoli. Very disappointing.
PottWab Regional Library
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-new
SM
Liz De Coster
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I would have appreciated a little more intro on plant identification; it's not the main point of the book but it's a big prerequisite. ...more
Davidette
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gardening, nonfiction
Not really helpful for me
Jenny
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-books, family
It was very helpful and fairly easy to follow the flow charts and find out what was wrong with my tomatoes and then I fixed it. Helped me diagnose the bug problem on my potatoes too.
William
Profusely illustrated.

Features a "key-it-down" system that allows identification of a lot of problems.
Suburbangardener
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gardening
This is a must-have reference book. User-friendly, time saving, way to figure out, yes, what's wrong with my plant, and how to fix it. ...more
Isabelle
May 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Was never able to find a picture or description that was wrong with my plants. I saw bugs and they were never listed/described in this book. Not helpful at all.
Allison
Jul 21, 2016
Becky
May 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Layered Garden: Design Lessons for Year-Round Beauty from Brandywine Cottage
  • Passport
  • The Treeline: The Last Forest and the Future of Life on Earth
  • Plant Parenting: Easy Ways to Make More Houseplants, Vegetables, and Flowers
  • Indoor Plants: The Essential Guide to Choosing and Caring for Houseplants
  • The Screwtape Letters
  • Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World
  • Black Girl Unlimited
  • The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World
  • Life of Lord Timothy Dexter; Embracing Sketches of the Eccentric Characters That Composed His Associates: Including Dexter's Pickle for the Knowing Ones.
  • Naming the Spirits
  • The Winter of Walking Stone (A House Divided, #3)
  • A House Divided, Band 2: Ein Licht im Dunkeln
  • Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: Business Sense & Sensibility
  • Nightlights
  • The Month-by-Month Gardening Guide: Daily Advice for Growing Flowers, Vegetables, Herbs, and Houseplants
  • Paradiso (The Divine Comedy, #3)
  • Illegal