Start by marking “The Great Connection” as Want to Read:
The Great Connection

The Great Connection

This is a story that reveals life's most vital lesson: how to connect with others--especially yourself. It defines who you are so you can believe in yourself. It explains the DISC behavioral styles in a story with characters representing each style. Because it's a story, the reader can identify with the characters--how they speak and how they act--and therefore more easily ...more
Published July 10th 1997 by PALLIUM BOOKS (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Great Connection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Connection

Start your review of The Great Connection
Amiratun Nur Shamim Kamarulzaman
The best book ever! It gave me a new sight of how to interact with myself and others. Made me realize how vital it is to know ourselves with our own strengths and weaknesses, so that we can then begin to believe in ourselves, and make the best out of it!.

And I love it so much h0ow it started with a confused young man who wants to please people, which most of us can relate with. The struggles of wanting people acceptance that it then made us be who we are not.

Enough said! I love it so much. Sup
Josh Skogman
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is a short read that illustrates the DISC behavioral styles that people exhibit. For anyone who has participated in a DISC analysis, the storyline is pretty predictable, but entertaining. If you are not aware of DISC behavior styles, the book helps you understand a persons style and how to use their style to connect with that person, through easy to comprehend examples. I would recommend this book to anyone trying to better communicate with those around them.
Kristine
Nov 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
I had to read this for a leadership program. While I think the underlying concept of the different styles (DiSC) has great value and validity, this attempt at a parable to illustrate those styles was clunky, awkward, and painful to read.
Prakash
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved it!
I can wait to test out the styles and stay "connected" with the people around me. I'm actually a little excited to test it out with Mr/Ms. Dominance ;)
Daniela
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy práctico. Te ayuda a entender a las personas y a ti mismo, a saber como comportarte dependiendo del estilo de cada persona.
Dennis Higgins
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
For me this was a very practical book. I felt that it was a melding of "How to win friends and influence people" (Carnegie), "Personality Plus" (Liteaur) and "How to have Confidence and power in dealing with people" (Giblin) woven together using a fictional story/fable. Believable or not; you decide. Is this a practical tool that integrates these three fantastic books? For me the answer is definitely a yes and I hoe it is for you too.
Joanne
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who wants to become a better person
Recommended to Joanne by: my brother
A great story about how to get along with "strong" personalities. Those people you can't relate too, it all becomes clear. I am one of those people with a strong personality so it is difficult for me to get along with others, I am often misunderstood. This will be a yearly read for me to help all relationships in my life.
David Jones
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. The chapters are short and easy to devour. The principles it teaches about understanding the 4 different personality types and how to compliment them is very simplistic and practical. It's definitely going to be re-read over and over again by me until I have these Ideas down.
Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Warren reviews four basic personality types and how to connect with them at their level. The premise of course is that to believe in yourself, to be truly happy with who you are, then you need to know in fact who you are. ... Easy to read. A MUST for anyone who interacts with people throughout life!
Grant
Mar 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
A very good addition and different perspective to the personalities. I can really relate to the main character's story and I think the way that this book goes through the personalities in story form is very cool. This could be very good for a High I who likes stories over pure information.
Aprile
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
A very quick read, this book is an elaboration of the DISC assessment. It’s really good for anyone who would like to read about the different personality types and how to connect with these as well as oneself. It’s set in a story format instead of the usual blunt format, though, FYI.
Zach
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Zach by: Fred S.
I liked the book... not only did it have great information about connecting with your self I thought the information was very valuable to connecting with others. A quick read, just a couple sittings to finish it. It is definitely worth the time spent reading it.
Marcella
Nov 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good one on personalities
Clint Fix
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book on the personality temperaments!
Rusty
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The author takes the personality types and, through story, shows the human application.
Beth Ober
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book and a must read!
Michael
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excellent and engaging story that grips me. I read the book in one sitting. So much I can use to improve my relationships. Excellent review of the personality types and interaction.
Jared
Nov 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read this in one sitting. Good stuff.
Jim JOHNSTON
Feb 12, 2016
Catherine
rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2016
May 22, 2019
Kais Dai
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• S.U.M.O. (Shut Up, Move On): The Straight-Talking Guide to Creating and Enjoying a Brilliant Life
  • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
  • The Infinite Game
  • Evil Plans: Having Fun on the Road to World Domination
  • The One Thing You Need to Know About Great Managing, Great Leading, and Sustained Individual Success
  • El Poder Oculto De La Productividad
  • Soup: A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture
  • The Historian
  • Vivir sin jefe
  • Angels in Iron
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service Into a World-Class Brand
  • The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work
  • If You Want It Done Right, You Don't Have to Do It Yourself!: The Power of Effective Delegation
  • The One Minute Manager
  • The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)
  • Dead Poets Society