Start by marking “Window on the World: When We Pray God Works” as Want to Read:
Window on the World: When We Pray God Works

Window on the World: When We Pray God Works

Well loved by young and old - a book that will inform and inspire the whole family, this beautifully presented, yet practical book, is the ideal accompaniment to Operation World. Stunning photographic visuals complement this A to Z of countries and people groups providing an exciting learning experience and guide for prayer. Short stories about featured countries or people ...more
Published December 15th 2006 by Authentic (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Window on the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Window on the World

Start your review of Window on the World: When We Pray God Works
Rachel
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-read-alouds
This book is OK. I like the short glimpses of people groups and countries that we can learn about. My kids have learned a lot about different regions of the world, and mapping the countries has been great for their Geography skills. However the author was often very patronizing and seemed to stress that some of the groups needed missionaries to counter act the other Christian denomination missionaries in the area. I skipped over most of this. I don't feel like that was a good message to send to ...more
Tina Cook
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, what a wonderful book! When I was homeschooling and teaching geography to my kids, we read this book daily to learn about the different people groups around the world and how to pray specific prayers for them. This book really helps children to travel outside of where they live and gives them a glimpse as through a window of how others live, often so radically different than themselves.
Rebecca
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
We very much enjoyed this book even though it is a bit out of date. I have heard rumors of an update and I do hope it will come out.
Elizabeth
Mar 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
A must-have for anyone working with missions groups, especially if teaching children. Many of the world's people groups are covered. Photos, personal stories of children, statistics, interesting facts, and a prayer guide for each group give a fascinating glimpse into different cultures. This would also be a nice resource for the home. The heavy Christian slant with a missions zeal make it a much better choice for a church library than for a public library.
Greg Dill
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was instrumental in showing our family places where God potentially wanted us to serve. As a family, we prayed through each of the countries in this book asking God where He wants us to serve. It was through this book we were first introduced to the country of Albania. And it is where our family will be serving in full time ministry.
Becca Harris
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Excellent resource for parents who want to teach their children about the nations. This prayer guide has pictures, relates to the children, and is easy to read. It's a great way for your family to pray for the nations.
Kara
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book was included in our Sonlight homeschooling curriculum. I really didn't like this book... but my kids LOVED it. They didn't articulate why they loved it. I didn't like it because I found it a very monotonous read and the tone of it felt some what uppity to me.
Lisa
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum
Shelves: geography
For young children, a geographical encyclopedia of mainly non-western countries and their cultures.
Nichole
This book has good info on each country and people group, but the religious aspect of it was just ok. I did like that there were prayer suggestions for each country/people group.
Jen
May 10, 2013 is currently reading it
Great book for opening eyes of our children about other cultures and lives of people all around the world!!
Dori Stowell
Christine Parks
May 16, 2019
Tirzah
Sep 13, 2010

• Hero Tales: A Family Treasury of True Stories from the Lives of Christian Heroes
  • The Little Riders
  • Gladys Aylward: The Adventure of a Lifetime (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • The Apprentice
  • White Stallion of Lipizza
  • Red Sails to Capri
  • Misty of Chincoteague (Misty, #1)
  • Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower, #2)
  • The Twenty-One Balloons
  • Lumber Camp Library
  • With Two Hands: Stories of God at Work in Ethiopia (Hidden Heroes #1)
  • Captain Nobody
  • George Muller: The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Viking Adventure