Start by marking “The Fires of Shalsa” as Want to Read:
The Fires of Shalsa

The Fires of Shalsa

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
This book takes the reader on an adventure not only to a distant planet and the challenges its people face but to different ways of understanding the nature of consciousness and the potentials within humanity. Compelling characters are caught in a conflict between two ways of life and thought, mirroring conflicts we face in the our world today.
Published January 9th 2009 by Lorian Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Fires of Shalsa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fires of Shalsa

Tommy /|\
Dec 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Knowing Geer by his reputation within the expansive Pagan community and his excellent books on Druidry, I had high hopes for this book. In the end, I was extremely disappointed. The story line jumps radically from spot to spot throughout the "mini-chapters" that are marked within each titled chapter or section. I've read this particular style before, especially within the works of LeGuin. Used sparingly, it becomes an excellent plot mover. Here, Geer uses it extensively, making the entire story ...more
Scott Waldyn
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. I'll make that clear before I get into the nitty-gritty of my thoughts on this piece. In all honesty, I wanted to give it the full five stars, too, but I felt it was missing something. I'll get to that in a moment.

First, I want to talk about the good. This is a book that proposes a future of a planet much like Earth that's unlike any science fiction I have read. It's a world built after the fall of a society much like our current civilization, one that's more in tune with Nature
Joel
Gpressl
Nov 11, 2017
Nina Braden
May 16, 2016
John Michael Greer is an author of over thirty books and the blogger behind The Archdruid Report. He also serves as Grand Archdruid of the Ancient Order of Druids in America. His work addresses a range of subjects, including climate change, peak oil and the future of industrial society. He lives in Rhode Island with his wife.