Start by marking “Rowed Trip” as Want to Read:
Rowed Trip

Rowed Trip

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Two bestselling authors combine their strengths in a travelogue, a search for roots, a romance — and a seat-of-your-pants adventure.

One sunny day in 2006, Julie and Colin Angus were talking about the future, as newly engaged couples do. More unusually, they were at the time travelling together from Moscow to Vancouver by human power — boat, bike, and foot.

That day, they w
Published September 29th 2009 by Doubleday Canada (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rowed Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rowed Trip

Tuck
Nov 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bike-travel
quite an adventure tale: make your own boat w/trailer, pull that with your bike, and when you hit the water or canal, put your bike in the boat and paddle. camp out mostly. and do that from john o groats to Aleppo. Julie Angus and her husband do just that. in like 5 months. sheesh. i like my history and politics a little less naive though so only gets 3 stars. colin angus has ridden and paddled around the world in one trip. julie angus paddled across the Atlantic unassisted, so these folks know ...more
Mike Fantauzzi
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rowed Trip is a great husband-and-wife-team adventure story. It was very interesting to read about the various cultures of Europe as well as the differences in how they accept/embrace human-powered transportation. For someone who enjoys peddling, paddling and travelling, this information was both fun to read and useful for future travels. The co-authors meeting their extended relatives in their respective homelands was a nice personal touch.

I would definitely read more by Colin & Julie.
Joe White
This book is more oriented toward a travelogue narrative than an adventure how-to guide. However it is very contemporary. it covers a unique travel method on or near rivers in Europe that while are historic, are seen from the instant look of a fast travel-through traveler seeing and dealing with today's (2008/2009) political and environmental conditions. There are quite a few details of Great Britain's, France's, Germany's, and other eastern Europe canal and river navigation system for small boa ...more
Martha☀
May 31, 2012 rated it liked it
I have read all the adventures of Colin and Julie and each one makes me admire their collective sense of adventure even more. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they discuss ideas for new adventures! Imagine coming up with the idea to link their two ancestral lineages through a bike and boat journey! Imagine trying to design and build a boat that would be sea-worthy enough to manage a crossing of the English Channel, large enough to carry 7 months worth of gear, agile enough to negotiate ...more
Khadija
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I read from Colin Angus, and like "Lost in Mongolia' it was quite interesting. I liked all this information about the countries they went to, the people they saw, the funny and scary moments they lived. Also it's easy to read. A book worth reading.
Jilanna
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
Started 2 July 10.

5 July 10 - I loved Colin's book about their previous adventure, Beyond the Horizon -- about the first human-powered circumnavigation of the Earth -- and was so excited to find this at Westminster Books on Friday.

Finished ~14 / 15 July 10.
Margo
Apr 11, 2010 added it
I have read all of Colin Angus' books of his world travel adventures. also Julie's recent ROWBOAT IN A HURRICANE -- account of her trip (first & only WOMAN to row Atlantic Ocean)
Margaret Greenway
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was my first book I read by Colin and Julie Angus and I am hooked. The conversational tone made this a captivating read.
MEGAN C
Dec 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
So many adventures!
Shannon
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
What an entertaining and fun read. A great story of a couple traveling and the highs and lows during the journey of a lifetime.
Danel
rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2012